The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 106 of 134
Previous 1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
23 Jan 2014, 11:20
beanie, look out for shirataki noodles (Holland and Barrett do them, I think) or Eat Water noodles from Waitrose at 21 cals per 100g. They fill you and (and empty you out!) very nicely!
23 Jan 2014, 11:33
@nursebean, saw this and thought of you! :razz: :shock:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Annib ... neater.jpg
23 Jan 2014, 11:40
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The beaneater, loved it Callyanna

Ballerina x :heart:
23 Jan 2014, 11:53
Huh? @Callyanna a cannibal, I must keep away!! And, yes, I am indeed a coffee bean today..tee hee!

Oh @Pennyforthem those noodles sound perfect! Do they really fill you up too? Any advice on what goes well with them to make them taste better? I know there are supposed to be 5 specific ingredients that are good: Ginger, chili, garlic and two other things I can never remember. Any ideas anyone?!

Thanks again for the bean jokes. Highly entertaining :)

Bean :grin:

Ps just about to sink my beany face into my cauliflower cheese...at last...mmmm xx
23 Jan 2014, 11:55
Chocolate and peanut butter I should think :oops:
23 Jan 2014, 12:50
nursebean wrote: Oh @Pennyforthem those noodles sound perfect! Do they really fill you up too? Any advice on what goes well with them to make them taste better? I know there are supposed to be 5 specific ingredients that are good: Ginger, chili, garlic and two other things I can never remember. Any ideas anyone?!

You can make them a la Pad Thai, with the addition of a little coconut, lime leaves and lemon grass, with prawns and some pak choi. Add a little fish sauce and a few peanuts for 'authentic' taste. This is what we're having tonight:
http://thaifood.about.com/od/quickeasyt ... ickpad.htm

Equally good with a Chinese style stirfry with bamboo shoots. water chestnuts etc.

I also use them as 'pasta' (Eat water do Penne etc) with a half and half mince/quorn mince, tinned tomato, onions, garlic, oregano etc.
And then again, the 'rice' is good with a curry with plenty of the sauce.

Just make sure you wash/drain the nodles etc well first.
Hope this helps.

PS, I think I'm the bean eater - I eat some in most forms, most days!!
Fart oo... sorry, far too much!!
23 Jan 2014, 13:07
Morning all, or should I say afternoon. I'm about to do lunch which is an english fry up. Opp's I forgot to defrost the sausages.Right, thats the sausages in the microwave.
So far today, being my regular housework day, I've done 3 loads of washing, which are all on the line drying beautifully in the sun and the breeze. I have ministered to Bertie the robot hoovers needs and let him hoover downstairs for me. I utterly love my Bertie robot, it saves so much time and as you tend to use it more often the carpets are actually cleaner. I will go around once a month or so with the normal hoover and get all those hard to reach corners, but for now, Bertie is working brilliantly. Also the deep fat fryer has been utterly cleaned and new oil put in.

Ooh! the postie has just arrived with my sticky back black board vinyl sheet. All the way from China in 5 days. I am going to stick it to the front of one of the cupboards as a notepad after I make lunch of course.
I hope you all have a great day or evening.
23 Jan 2014, 13:42
Gahhhhh! Too many food references ! Fasting!
Hi everyone..arms and hands more sore than they've been for ages,cant type much.
Kept me awake most of the night
However,good news from the CM household tho..
A while ago i bought some handy ' bra extenders' ..they give you a bit more wiggle room..
Well today, i find i don't need pesky bra fasteners..bra fastened neatly and snugly without them :smile:
Enjoying the moment,could well be thatwill soon be plunged into the Bra Buying Hell others have mentioned x
23 Jan 2014, 13:45
@Betsysgr8 what news? How was the concert! X
23 Jan 2014, 13:49
@nursebean @callyanna @PennyForthemand other Beanarians..
Do you remember this little song ...
Beans beans are good for your heart
The more you eat them the more you f**t
The more you f**t the better you feel
We eat beans for every meal. :grin: :lol:
23 Jan 2014, 14:05
CandiceMarie wrote: A while ago i bought some handy ' bra extenders' ..they give you a bit more wiggle room..
Well today, i find i don't need pesky bra fasteners..bra fastened neatly and snugly without them :smile:
Enjoying the moment,could well be thatwill soon be plunged into the Bra Buying Hell others have mentioned x

Me too, Candice. Last hook.
23 Jan 2014, 14:10
Wahey Pens! XX
23 Jan 2014, 14:14
PennyForthem wrote:
CandiceMarie wrote: A while ago i bought some handy ' bra extenders' ..they give you a bit more wiggle room..

Me too, Candice. Last hook.

:heart: Yes been there had to replace all of mine now but if they've got your cup size checkout " Your Clothing" nice sexy bras but mostly big cups only occasionally B+C good prices watch out P+P charges
They do have an eBay site which are cheaper and also reduced P+P charge but mostly leftovers + not much choice.
23 Jan 2014, 14:25
All that beans talk made me crave lovely homemade baked beans for dinner tonight

Oh and have to make another jar of peanut butter, this one is far gone after this morning

Put the corset for the first time on my own. Do you know how tricky it is to lace yourself in the back ? Damned, I love wearing thing things, even with my gigantic boobs

CandiceMarie, hope you feel better soon
23 Jan 2014, 15:03
Morning all. Well not much changes here does it?
@ballerina. Your dental fast has me howling with laughter. Sorry! How was Jamie Oliver's? Been there quite a few times when out shopping in notes. Made me a bit homesick..
@silverdarling. My new work colleagues took me to lunch yesterday and I was the only one NOT to have a desert, but I did have a small taste of some chocolate tart with salted caramel sauce :shock:
@nursebean. Hi Bean yes I eat loads of those Eat Water noodles. I make a strong tasting sauce for them, eg spicy tomato, curry, mushroom, ginger (predictive text says finger), soy. Have yet to find a supplier here.
@betsysgr8. My friend went to see the Eagles last weekend in LA too. When I went round to pick up my ironing board on Monday, (stories soon I promise), she was still waving her arms in the kitchen and singing Hotel California.
@candicemarie how are you feeling today?
@Manderley. What are you up to? Not seen many posts from you but then again I'm speed reading......
@carieoatesPOLE DANCING :shock: :shock: :shock: way to go :cool: :cool:
@pennyforthemhows pup?
Previous 1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 106 of 134