The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 108 of 134
Previous 1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
23 Jan 2014, 18:24
nursebean wrote: @Ballerina does that mean you didn't go to Jaimie's then? What a shame. Have I missed something? What sort of fast are you doing at the moment?

Bean :confused:

Hi Beanbean, no, I didn't get to Jaimie's but not bothered as I have already been a few times.

This weeks reluctant fast was caused by my broken tooth which has now been repaired, thank goodness and why I say I would not choose to do one again but hey, I lived.

Just about to post the chocolate nonsense so hope to see some of you over there,

Ballerina x :heart:
23 Jan 2014, 18:31
CandiceMarie wrote: I am ok ,thanks,wd be happier with more sleep and a few less stones! :wink:
Didnt come over to the Tent,too busy itching and scratching.. New bedding on,after washing it,but it still had that new stiffness
( no jokes about stiffness in bed,ok? )
Anyway had to strip the bed and put older nice soft bedding on
Rewashed the offending articles today,tons of fabric softener
Still didnt get to sleep tho..Doh! X

A few years ago I bought some supposedly hotel quality Egyptian cotton bedding with a 300 thread count which was supposed to be super smooth and wonderful. It was really scratchy. I washed it several times but it didn't get any better :-(. I used the pillowcases as under-pillowcases and had to use the duvet cover with a flat sheet between me and it! My old polycotton sheets were much softer!
23 Jan 2014, 18:36
Oh Caroline, that is really disappointing,I've always rather fancied those Egyptian 300 thread sheets etc. Poly cotton rocks, and does not scratch

23 Jan 2014, 18:38
CandiceMarie wrote: @nursebean @callyanna @PennyForthemand other Beanarians..
Do you remember this little song ...
Beans beans are good for your heart
The more you eat them the more you f**t
The more you f**t the better you feel
We eat beans for every meal. :grin: :lol:

I wonder if this is a U.S thing, but I learned slightly different lyrics:

Beans, beans, the magical fruit,
The more you eat, the more your toot.
The more your toot, the better you feel,
So eat your beans at every meal!
23 Jan 2014, 18:47
Ballerina wrote: Oh Caroline, that is really disappointing,I've always rather fancied those Egyptian 300 thread sheets etc. Poly cotton rocks, and does not scratch

I have since had success with Christy and Sheridan bedding. The Christy supreme is super, super smooth and I love it! It seems the big names are the best in this situation! Though the scratchy stuff was not some non branded eBay dodgy item but Bedeck, which I had thought was a reputable brand.
23 Jan 2014, 19:01
Best bedding I have had was bought from Dunelm Mill, after having slept on same in a self-catering cottage. It wasn't overly expensive, but 400 thread, made in Pakistan, and I'm still using it 5 years later. It's very smooth and comfortable. Prefer 100% cotton as have had skin problems in the past, and it's much better than polycotton even.
23 Jan 2014, 19:06
I keep reading per aspidistra on your signature, Silver.

Hub setting up new wireless printer. I think it makes coffee, too!
23 Jan 2014, 19:09
rawkaren wrote: Hi Bean yes I eat loads of those Eat Water noodles. I make a strong tasting sauce for them, eg spicy tomato, curry, mushroom, ginger (predictive text says finger), soy. Have yet to find a supplier here.

Sprouts sell Tofu Shirataki noodles - very inexpensive:

http://sprouts.com/stores/california-walnut-creek
23 Jan 2014, 19:10
Thinking about a new computer set up ... any suggestions?
23 Jan 2014, 19:12
That was a disappointment@Carorees! :0(
And,Don't you just hate bedding that BOBBLES after a few washes..
I am Princess and The Pea when it comes to bedding
Groan! What about those nylon sheets back in the seventies!! :confused:
Many's the night ive fallen out of bed coz you just slipped off them!and no i wasn't drunk or experiencing Bed Spin! X.... :smile:

@PennyForthem large cappucino and two lattes pls! X
Hehe! Just reminded me..my friend's mum said " i' ll have a chipolata please" when my friend took her into Cafe Nero! :lol: :lol:
23 Jan 2014, 19:33
Silverdarling wrote: Thinking about a new computer set up ... any suggestions?

We used to be dell all the way, but last one was a Hewlett Packard. Just buy the best you can afford as it'll be out of date faster if not, saying that if you have any apple devices I'd go for an apple. The security is brilliant, and the sync ability is fabulous.
23 Jan 2014, 19:37
CandiceMarie wrote: That was a disappointment@Carorees! :0(
And,Don't you just hate bedding that BOBBLES after a few washes..
I am Princess and The Pea when it comes to bedding
Groan! What about those nylon sheets back in the seventies!! :confused:
Many's the night ive fallen out of bed coz you just slipped off them!and no i wasn't drunk or experiencing Bed Spin! X.... :smile:

If you were wearing a nylon nightie as well CM you could generate enough static electricity to power Blackpool Illuminations! :wink: :shock:
23 Jan 2014, 19:39
Only apple device so far is an iPad ... which is great. However, part of getting a new PC / IT set up would be with a view to future self- employment ... so any advice in this regard very gratefully received. I would be spending a lot of time working at the computer, so it would need to be fit for purpose ...

@PennyForthem - if you find your wireless printer gone in the night, you will know who's tiptoed past the sleeping pooches ... :lol: :wink:
23 Jan 2014, 19:59
Nothing is simple is it? I just need a wireless printer, not some multifunction gizmo.
I cannot print anything out from t'internet as main pooter, which is hard wired to another printer, won't connect to t'internet.
Our router (still the old one) is still playing up!
23 Jan 2014, 20:17
@silverdarling do you need a big screen as well for your self employment, my hubs is a self employed Commercial manager and needs to view gigantic spreadsheets and technical drawings. Always great on a big screen. Something to bear in mind. We were looking at touch screen but I couldn't bear the finger prints on the screen lol
Previous 1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 108 of 134