The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 107 of 134
Previous 1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
23 Jan 2014, 15:12
Hello @rawkaren *yells loudly so you can hear me*

Anu is playing with an empty plant pot, rolling around with a bigger springer. We haven't had anything chewed (yet!) due to gate on the stairs so she can't nip up for slippers, and the fact she has a large comfy cage to sleep in!

How are you settling in? Have you discovered any new foods that we *must* know about? (see, although I'm asking you about you, I have one eye on new foods!!) Anyway, be grateful you're somewhere nice and warm xx
23 Jan 2014, 15:17
Anu sounds very happy! I'm settling in although the first few days are tough hurdling the admin. I'm off to the social security office today to get a number, so I'm sure it will be a bore. I can't do anything without one even get an electricity or phone supply. Good news though, I have a bank account!

Right, I must get going. Want to be there for when it opens :lol:
23 Jan 2014, 15:29
@PennyForthem you mentioned that Waitrose now sell Slim Noodles or equivalent, what do the call them as I haven't been able to find them on the Waitrose website? I usually stock up when I go near a Holland and Barret which means I either have too many or none.
23 Jan 2014, 15:50
I found the lost half packet of Lindor Chocolates. Now is that a Yay! or a Nooo!
I am classing this one as a Whoo Hoo! because if I'm going to have a treat, its going to be a nice one. So my bold plans to have all the treats gone have been sunk yet again. But in a nice way.

I now have my bit of blackboard sticker up on a cupboard front, no wrinkles and the chalk does work on it. I also still have nearly 2 metres of blackboard vinyl left over. I am thinking of doing some of the cat stickers you find online and cutting the shapes out myself and having a bit more fun in the kitchen with it. Talking about the kitchen, I still haven't figured out what colour to do the kitchen. I may go to the DIY shop and get a load of testers to see what works.

Zero noodles.. Isn't Holland & Barrett having one of their 1 penny sales now? If so it could be a good time to go and stock up.
23 Jan 2014, 16:08
SianS Ocado Eat water Slim pasta. Not quite shirataki, but deffo low cal.
Was thinking of you this afternoon. I was so bored that I got on the treadmill. It's a start! 11 mins at 2.8 and 4 at 3. I can build on that, now.
23 Jan 2014, 16:09
:heart: Hi @rawkaren nice to see you again :heart:
Family. "stuff" still ongoing here and taking up to much of my time so have stepped away from it today.

Hope all is well and you sound as if your settling in OK coz you've found someone to "share" a desert with!!! :shock:
23 Jan 2014, 16:12
I'm going to H&B tomorrow Julie. They seem to have repackaged and possibly reformulated Slim Rice and Slim Pasta as both have a nicer texture.

Penny I'm glad you found your motivation to get on the treadmill. have you thought of giving it a name like Janeg's MadMax (rowing machine)?
23 Jan 2014, 17:07
Ha ha Candicemarie...love your bean ditty :-)

Thanks for the recipe @Pennyforthem. I have to be careful with Thai food because I'm allergic to nuts (although weirdly I CAN eat peanuts...just a few...so peanut butter is safe!) so I know they put a lot of coconut related items in Thai food, which is a shame because it looks so yummy...but I'm definitely going to look out for the Waitrose, what are they? Eat water noodles?

Hope you're ok @Rawkaren and settling in ok. At least you've gone somewhere warm. My sister emigrated to Montreal last year and they are about to experience temperatures of -24! Good luck to them I say, smugly in my cosy warm house :-)

Bean :bugeyes:
23 Jan 2014, 17:09
Back home now, my friend couldn't make lunch so I didn't bother but when I got home I had the barenaked noodles I bought at HnB and they were surprisingly nice. You don't have to rinse them as they do not smell foul or of fowl or fish, mmmm! The strange thing about my extended fast this week is that having done without food for so long I didn't want to clog my system up with rubbish, not that I actually eat rubbish but you know what I mean? I seem to have turned into a body pleaser where food is concerned, rather than a mind pleaser and I really have upped the healthy, low carb regime. I hope it continues as I feel spectacularly well, how about that? Not recommending extending fasting and MOST unlikely to ever do it again voluntarily but it has changed me in quite a radical way, we shall see.....

@Rawkaren good to hear all is well with you, keep up the good work. :cool:

Am currently writing up about a chocolate nightmare so watch out for it, coming soon to a forum near you. As with all my other musings it's title will be preceded by an * so you can choose to avoid it if it so pleases :shock:

Ballerina x :heart:
23 Jan 2014, 17:15
I just had an OVERWHELMING urge to eat Dijon mustard smothered on cheese ... And boy was it good.
Am I pregnant?
23 Jan 2014, 17:31
@Azureblue Yes!!

@Ballerina does that mean you didn't go to Jaimie's then? What a shame. Have I missed something? What sort of fast are you doing at the moment?

Bean :confused:
23 Jan 2014, 17:50
Eagles were FANTASTIC! Can't remember all the songs they played but it started promptly at 8pm and ended at 11:30pm with Hotel California. :cool: but boy oh boy my head this morning! :dazed: :coffee: :pill: :sleepy: :hypnotized: Only had water at the concert so it must have been the smuggled bottle of tequila that did my head in, oh my! Ok only took me 45 mins to catch up with this thread, make my concert report I'm going back to bed. #feelingrough :bugeyes:
23 Jan 2014, 17:53
Glad you enjoyed the concert anyway Betsy!
23 Jan 2014, 18:16
You're getting there @rawkaren slowly but surely,bit like 5:2 hehe!
It's so nice you find time to keep us posted on whats happening,otherwise it wd feel you were such a loooooooong looooong way away x
I am ok ,thanks,wd be happier with more sleep and a few less stones! :wink:
Didnt come over to the Tent,too busy itching and scratching.. New bedding on,after washing it,but it still had that new stiffness
( no jokes about stiffness in bed,ok? )
Anyway had to strip the bed and put older nice soft bedding on
Rewashed the offending articles today,tons of fabric softener
Still didnt get to sleep tho..Doh! X
23 Jan 2014, 18:20
@Sue.Q i know you meant to say i was a Tent Girl Guide not Tent Groupie! :wink:
Can't wait for our new campsite..will be fab...as much glamping as any gal could want..its gonna be soooo great! :grin: :lol:
@Betsysgr8 so glad you enjoyed the concert x
Well done @PennyForthem on treadmilling! X x
Previous 1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 107 of 134