Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 131 of 134
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
30 Jan 2014, 12:51
Hello Karen - are you settling in now? Hopefully, settling into a routine xx
30 Jan 2014, 13:27
Hello Karen

I have a question for everyone, what do you do when you can't eat anything (the idea on its own makes me sick) but you have a giant headache, the kind that makes you want to stay in the dark ?
30 Jan 2014, 13:33
@Debs/oh yes I can see you. Like your birds.

@ManderleyMy mum is a migraine sufferer and once it sets in there's not a lot you can do re painkillers. Apparently, digestion/absorption slows down to a snails pace and if you need relief take the strongest painkillers with caffeine eg drink strong coffee, chocolate.
Take yourself off to bed and let it ride out. :frown:
30 Jan 2014, 14:40
First thursday since last september i'm not fast and repairing! I did it yesterday ..feels so strange! Just shows how things become a habit and a way of life! :like:
Thinking i might fast tomorrow and make it a 4:3 week for once!
30 Jan 2014, 19:17
@PennyForthem any idea why youve been having nosebleeds?
Hope Hubz hasnt been bopping you on the hooter :razz:
Seriously,hope you don't have any more
My daughter used to have very heavy nosebleeds - not pleasant :confused:
30 Jan 2014, 19:47
Just sending a shout out to @rawkaren!
Thinking of you,hope youre settling in..
I feel so excited just seeing San Fran Bay by yr avatar! So gosh knows how excited and blown away and overwhelmed you must be.
Looking forward to the blog!
@Manderley also looking forward to the rest of yr story! X
30 Jan 2014, 19:53
Always been prone to nosebleeds, Candice. It's not a look to which I aspire!
30 Jan 2014, 20:19
Sorry to hear that@PennyForthem
Hey Penns does your dryathlon end tomorrow!
Do i need to tell the Wine Stores to get extra vats in! :grin: :lol: :grin:
30 Jan 2014, 20:29
Yep, finish tomorrow, Candice. Thanks for asking.
No, I won't be going back to the old ways of having a drink every evening. It was hard at first, but don't think about it now and I've lost 6lbs, which I don't want to put back on! Plus, I'm exercising now - did bike and treadmill today - still building up to that.
I've raised my modest target with some more promised, so I'm pleased.
30 Jan 2014, 20:31
Welll done Ms Moneypenny! X X X!
30 Jan 2014, 21:01
Has anyone heard from @Pinchypops lately? I don't think ive seen her round for a while..
Hope youre ok Pinchy and that things are looking a bit better xxx
image.jpg
image.jpg (49.64 KiB) Viewed 228 times
30 Jan 2014, 21:33
Watching The truth about your dog's food, on channel 5..
Very interesting.
30 Jan 2014, 22:41
Evening all. The end of an era here in the Garrett household. Jade should be settling down for her dinner courtesy of Virgin Airways and we are already home from Heathrow. She went through security at 6pm so we came straight back. She is really excited to be seeing her partner after a month apart, getting some sunshine and sorting out their new home. I have what seems like a house full of her stuff scattered all over, an odd sock in the laundry basket, her clay piggybank that she's given me as it was too heavy to go in the suitcase. A belt on a chair that she forgot, a dress hanging over the door that she had to sacrifice as it was less liked than a different 'must take' dress, all that plus the boxes and bags of stuff that she wants us to put in storage. If she still wants it when she comes back in the summer, she will pay for an extra luggage allowance and take it then. I shed a little tear as we hugged goodbye, I think she was holding back the tears as she went through the entryway.

There always seems to be a spooky 'as one leaves another appears' aspect in our family. The morning after my eldest was born, my much loved Granddad died. Today Jade leaves for Dubai and a baby boy was born into the family, I guess to fill the void. Right off this subject or I will start blubbering.

Yesterday in the post came a letter saying that my MRI scan on my lower back came back O.K. but the radiologists want to C.T scan it. Its nothing to worry about etc. etc. Yeh sure! If it was nothing to worry about, why go to the expense of doing an expensive CT scan then?
Then today I get an appointment for the said CT scan for 2 weeks time! So nothing to worry about eh? So you give me a super quick CT scan for nothing to worry about? Like I believe you! I've kept this extra worry from Jade, I didn't want her changing her mind about going.

Crawling away somewhere and crying in a corner seems to be a good option right now.
30 Jan 2014, 22:46
Oh Julieathome...
What a lovely gift you gave to Jade by giving her the chance to go off without worry, but that does mean so much is on you.
Thinking of you. :heart:
30 Jan 2014, 23:00
Yesterday I also had 3 different medical professionals encouraging us to call in the Social Services to see if they can provide help in some form for now and during/after my surgery. I am thinking of biting the bullet and doing so.

The SS scare the pants off me, a disabled child, a disabled parent, living in social housing, on benefits PLUS Home Educating said disabled child will have their alarm bells ringing so loud it will be deafening. We spent so long keeping off the radar in fear that a know all (know nothing) SS worker would find us and try and take Martyn into care that actually calling them in to help us feels very dangerous, stupid in fact. I really don't know what to do.
2005 posts Page 131 of 134