The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 128 of 134
Previous 1 ... 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
28 Jan 2014, 19:30
I'm still fixated on the NYDJ Caroline! I need the short length, not the sh.....oh there we go again!
28 Jan 2014, 22:06
... Just washed mine, and tumble dried on low :victory: for a secret mission on Thursday :lol:

And now just gotta go back and read the latest on this thread properly :shock: :wink:
Some of us have to work late you know, and miss out on all the fun ... :dazed: :confused: :curse:
28 Jan 2014, 23:01
Sounds intriguing, silver, a secret mission, eh? I don't suppose we get to hear, or it wouldn't be secret, then!!
28 Jan 2014, 23:15
PFT -you're as easy to 'hook' in as that @Ballerina :lol: :lol: It's something to do with research into my proposed new career :cool: :shock: :cool: ... and then lunch out with a friend who works for Northern Print - (not a lot of gruff Geordie typesetter blokes, but a small trendy arty bunch working in the Ouseburn 'cultural quarter' of Newcastle :cool: :cool: :cool: )

http://www.northernprint.org.uk/home.html
29 Jan 2014, 00:02
Debs wrote: Cos I like it!! Hence the wink, in case you didn't spot the humour!

Aaah! Correct, @Debs, I didn't spot the humor, and it's no wonder, with so many of my dietary truths being turned upside down these days. I'm getting ready to believe almost anything. Monkey brains? Sure, bring 'em on! I had butter on my (lovely) seeded bread today, and I had to murmur to myself "it's okay, Wendy, it's just butter, it's okay..."

PS My spell checker underlined humour - apparently it thinks you should write humor like I do :lol:
29 Jan 2014, 00:06
He he, that's ok @wendyjane, I rarely take anything too seriously, that way madness lies!!!

Monkey brains, very popular in China, but we shan't go there! Yes, I agree, I started reading all the information but it has made my head spin, so I am reading and eating in moderation! Butter isn't a problem for me and I am slowly embracing the fatty way to health! I won't give up my lovely good quality bread for anyone though. Good quality mind you, non of this white pap muck!!
29 Jan 2014, 00:22
I rarely take anything too seriously, that way madness lies!!!

I believe we are all mad here...

Mad is an interesting word linguistically, if I can digress briefly. Oh, right, this whole thread is a digression...

In the US if one is mad, one is usually just plain angry (Americans, do you agree with me here?). Or one could be insane. British use the insane meaning - I think that the Mad Hatter was clinically mentally ill - but mostly in British English, mad is this fun state of mind which most of us seem to be in a lot on the forum (um, @Ballerina, you around?). I really love this use of the word, and I would use it myself, but I think those around me would consider it "affected" and not merely mad. :lol: :lol: :lol:
29 Jan 2014, 00:27
Australians use both meanings, I would never use to it mean angry. The Mad Hatter went mad suffering from mercury poisoning which was used in the Victorian hat trade. I like loopy, or daft, both of which I feel fit ballerina in a good way and I'm sure she would agree if she weren't asleep!!
29 Jan 2014, 00:31
Or as in Peter Finch in Network??

I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore !'

Perhaps a bit of both there ! :lol: :shock: :lol: :wink:
29 Jan 2014, 00:47
Haven't seen that one!!!
I do subscribe to the 'Don't get mad, get even' approach though!
29 Jan 2014, 00:52
Silverdarling wrote: Or as in Peter Finch in Network??

I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore !'

Perhaps a bit of both there ! :lol: :shock: :lol: :wink:

I love that quote SD.it always gets me out of a bad mood when i think of it! X
29 Jan 2014, 01:54
So,....@Silverdarling thinks @Pennyforthem and I are a pair of hookers,........@Wendyjane thinks I am mad, but only in a very English way and @Debs thinks I am both daft AND loopy......mmmm....... I don't know what I did to deserve friends like you lot, thanks girls :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would love to say you are all wrong, well Siverdarling definitely IS wrong as I find hard to visualise penny and I under a lamp post plying our trade, :shock: :lol: :shock: but I find it hard to disagree with the others, good fun though, eh? :victory:

Ballerina x :heart:
29 Jan 2014, 02:21
I knew you would take it in the spirit intended :heart:
Hookers? To cold to stand under a lamppost isn't it?!
29 Jan 2014, 02:58
Debs wrote: I knew you would take it in the spirit intended :heart:
Hookers? To cold to stand under a lamppost isn't it?!

I could tolerate the cold but it's the refunds for lack of customer satisfaction I'd have to give that would hurt, you forget I'm from the frozen north where refunds go against the collective national psyche

Ballerina x :heart:
29 Jan 2014, 03:03
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Unless it comes to melted choccy buttons I gather :wink: :grin:
Previous 1 ... 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 128 of 134