The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 38 of 134
Previous 1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
02 Jan 2014, 04:30
Welcome @madcatlady and to this thread! Feel free to join in! Don't know why I'm awake so early today. Have not fasted for a week so today might be the day.....
02 Jan 2014, 06:32
AAAND the numptie of the year award goes to janeg!
Went to work and, what do you know? We're shut. oops *sheepish* and quite pleased. That gives me a long weekend! :) (thurs fri and sat)
02 Jan 2014, 06:58
Morning @rawkaren @janeg and all! X
@PennyForthem so sorry to hear about the doggy adoption falling thru..that little doggie would have got such a loving home with you
But there'll be another one waiting for you somewhere out there x
Pleased with self coz had a difficult day yesterday resisting goodies but feel like I'm back on the straight and narrow now..well quite wide really and wobbly rather than straight but you know what i mean! :confused:
02 Jan 2014, 07:26
janeg wrote: AAAND the numptie of the year award goes to janeg!
Went to work and, what do you know? We're shut. oops *sheepish* and quite pleased. That gives me a long weekend! :) (thurs fri and sat)

Oh @janeg. That's too funny :lol: bet you felt a bit daft though when you realised :smile:
02 Jan 2014, 08:22
Good day to everybody !

@PennyForthem , sorry about the adoption falling thru. You're not as bonkers as my mum you asked me, point blank if I would take their futur dog home with me when her and my dad will die... You can imagine how my jaw dropped :shock:

My mission today : find a new bra because I don't have one which is not wayyyyyyyy too big (not the cups, still F). I can take the ones I have off without "opening" it. :shock: It has to be black, I only wear black bras, size 32 or 34 (I think, no idea of my actual size) with F cups. No big deal :bugeyes:
02 Jan 2014, 08:23
janeg wrote: AAAND the numptie of the year award goes to janeg!

@janeg what a lovely surprise :victory: wish it was me - am off into work today - an extra day to make up for hours lost last month :cry: :curse: - but can't complain as it's my choice, to make up hours by the time I move to new post (later this month, if they pull their fingers out, but you know how slowly things move in the public sector ... :bugeyes: )
02 Jan 2014, 09:53
Morning peeps and welcome to chatterbox, @madcatlady.

I've started to take the decs down, so that's today's goal: all decs away, hoover, dust, natter here, steam clean kitchen floor, another natter, cup of miso... phew, I'd better crack on then!

Hope the weather's being kind to you for your last few days in Mallorca @rawkaren
@janeg what a bonus!
@silverdarling hope the day flies by for you
@manderley hope you're successful in your quest!

Right, I have the hoover in my sights; I'm a woman possessed - did I say I'm also fasting today? Oh, I feel so positive today...
02 Jan 2014, 10:00
Christmas has now officially gone from this house as I can't stand it all hanging around in January so, off it has trundled under the stairs again. The only thing I miss are my lovely little miniature Chinese lantern lights which are strung down the staircase over an ivy, or is it pine, runner. Did that make sense? Anyway, they are lovely and I have had them since I lived in Hong Kong some time in the middle of the last century.

Ballerina x :heart:

God I hate predictive blooming text, can it be disabled?
02 Jan 2014, 10:11
Decs are coming down today. We don't go OTT anymore as the kids have grown older. Just a few strategically placed bits of tinsel and twigs with lights. Can get on the PC as hubs has gone back to work and he was doing his business accounts after Xmas, left it till last minute as usual. accountant needs them foe tax bill end of jan!
Anyway holiday search begins. Might have two as we have a family wedding and my sis is looking after her grandson, so his parents can go in honeymoon! so we may have a big family Hols, with those left behind. Then we aim to take my in laws back to moraira Spain for a pool holiday in a villa.
02 Jan 2014, 10:17
Ballerina, I've got little silk cocoon lights that we got in Hong Kong. It was our first Chinese New Year and I put t then around the window. They stayed up because I loved them so much. They now regale the house in the sandpit and have been lit almost constantly for nearly three years. Hope that doesn't jinx them.
The Christmas decorations stay up in our house until the 6th of Jan. always a bit sad when I take them down and put them away.
02 Jan 2014, 10:20
:heart: :heart: Morning all chatters and welcome new
chat person @Madcatlady.
Good luck with the bra shopping. @Manderley I got a couple of really nice "interim" ones online from
Yours clothing really special and very good quality but beware P+P charges !!! They have an eBay site also that's p+p half the price but leftovers with little choice, haven't looked lately but big cup sizes :heart:
:heart: I never realised the awards had been dished out but yes congratulations @Janeg a very worthy winner indeed Lol enjoy your unexpected day off :heart: I had a friend who did that a few years ago and she received "stick" from her work colleagues for quite a few months.
I'm with you @ballerina think it's time for the decorations to come down and get the house looking bare for a few days, today's fastday job it is then Plus finding those
3 or was it 4 stocking fillers that I've lost :shock: :shock: age!!
02 Jan 2014, 10:21
What a lovely dilemma @carieoates deciding where to go on holiday, think the planning and poring over brochures is so exciting!

Hubs and son quite traditionalists re Christmas decorations so ours will stay up till Twelfth Night. :grin:
02 Jan 2014, 10:26
Don't have the heart to put the decs down yet. They will probably go Monday, when I'll do the next big clean up top to bottom (as opposite to the small everyday clean up) and I'll even put the lights on tonight

Hope it's possible to find bio coconut oil in the supermarket, I need some and don't want to have to walk for it and, speaking of walking, my foot has a nicer color even if it's not completely finished yet and it still hurts a little. At least, I can put normal shoes on :grin:

Thanks, @Sue.Q for the tip, I'll go have a look :wink:
02 Jan 2014, 10:38
:heart: OK @Manderley I may leave my tree in my
bay window and lights on just for one more night but the
cards + holly and as ive been dusting around my garland on the mantle/shelf that's coming down now.
:heart: Glad your foot is improving and good news that you can get your shoes on ( I know how that feels now )
PS::: don't forget to give your dad his slipper back his poor feet have been very cold for the past week. Lol :heart:
02 Jan 2014, 10:40
No, I didn't know the awards had been dished out, either, @Sue.Q and I've looked and can't find them, so I don't know who's won what. What a dunce I am at times.
Anyway, congratulations to all the winners xx
Previous 1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 38 of 134