Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 36 of 134
Previous 1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
31 Dec 2013, 16:37
Well done Minsmum - a great way to start the new year :clover: :victory:
31 Dec 2013, 16:56
Only just a quick post. Will catch up tomorrow.
After a day of eating as I used to, I had to admit defeat to the rellies and go to the supermarket to get some food. I just can't face lasagne, garlic bread and chips.
I've made myself a bean curry and they are standing round in wonderment/puzzlement!
Ah well, I know I shall feel better for it.

Happy new year all, if I don't get a chance to pop back later xx
31 Dec 2013, 17:01
Well done @minsmum and well done to Min for tomorrow. Hope the rain stays away. Have fun
31 Dec 2013, 18:27
After spending the last 3 hours getting everyone ready for the party, namely haircuts, boot shines ironing and doing a last minute food prep because it seems that everyone brings a plate of something. I find that all the hot water has been used up and the bloomin' over-ride on the boiler had switched off as well. I'm supposed to be there in 1 hour and I still haven't washed and dried my hair. (hair is very thick and long and will need heat to dry it this time). This in not going to be a peaceful time.
31 Dec 2013, 20:38
Just back from a lovely dinner with family, now to prepare for two young grandsons all day tomorrow.
I hope to survive!
Happy New Year x
31 Dec 2013, 22:08
Night night all...two hours til 2014 but i need to go to bed!
Enjoy your festivities,enjoy goodies tonight and tomorrow then its back to business! :grin: :razz:
image.jpg
After the fairytale festivities,noses back to the grindstone :0)!
image.jpg (63.42 KiB) Viewed 250 times
31 Dec 2013, 22:12
All the very best @CandiceMarie, see you next year! xx
Hope you get a good sleep tonight! :heart: :heart:
31 Dec 2013, 22:18
CandiceMarie wrote: Night night all...two hours til 2014 but i need to go to bed!
Enjoy your festivities,enjoy goodies tonight and tomorrow then its back to business! :grin: :razz:

Sleep well sleeping beauty. See you in 2014 :heart: :heart:
31 Dec 2013, 22:40
Don't thinkI'll make it either.
Nope, have just thrown in the towel.

Happy new year everyone xx
01 Jan 2014, 06:44
Hello and Happy 2014! Hmmmm, not even @candicemarie minding the shop this morning.

Anyway, I bought these yesterday. Proper sized persimmons/caqui's. :heart: Still not got around to eating them yet :shock:

I might have one for breakfast
01 Jan 2014, 10:11
Happy New Year to everybody !

Not proud of myself but stayed in bed late
Will have a late lunch with the sprouts I finally found, even if they are frozen and I have no idea if they're good but it's much better that if they were from a can and, of course, the mince pies :wink:

The first fast of the year will probably be for tomorrow

In an hour or so, I'll watch the traditional New Year's Concert, I know, it's cheesy but I love it :heart:

01 Jan 2014, 10:27
@manderley - I'm still in bed, so you 've no reason to apologise! :heart:
@rawkaren those persimmons (?) look wonderful, a blast of the Med on this cold frosty morning :heart:
01 Jan 2014, 14:50
Oh Dear, That was a really good night. We all had a fab time. Everyone looked brill and I seemed to be the only one that noticed that the black trousers were showing faded edges and the shirt collars were a bit worn. I did wear a skirt, a lovely long hanky hem job. I was so unused to skirts that I accidentally left part of the hem hanging outside the car door on the way there. It was soaked and filthy by the time we arrived. But being black it didn't show and a quick wash and squeeze in the sink and I was good to go.

We got to bed at 3am and finally woke up at 11:30. Its now 3pm and we are just starting to feel hungry. So its cheese toasties for lunch.
01 Jan 2014, 16:05
Happy 2014 to everyone. I just had a catch up read of about 6 pages of posts and I've run the whole gamut of emotions from laughing out loud, to sadness, outrage (expensive badly cooked Christmas meals) and the warm feeling you get from having had a great natter and a coffee with a bunch of friends; a lovely way to spend a wet and windy New Year's Day.

I've been struggling with several books on low carb eating; my husband is quite over weight. He won't fast because he has irritable bowel and not eating sets it off so I thought maybe low carb/high fat. As a vegetarian who mostly exists on carbs though he may find it challenging!

That will be our challenge for 2014 together with getting me back to maintenance. :)
01 Jan 2014, 16:13
Loulou51 wrote: Happy 2014 to everyone. I just had a catch up read of about 6 pages of posts and I've run the whole gamut of emotions from laughing out loud, to sadness, outrage (expensive badly cooked Christmas meals) and the warm feeling you get from having had a great natter and a coffee with a bunch of friends; a lovely way to spend a wet and windy New Year's Day.

I've been struggling with several books on low carb eating; my husband is quite over weight. He won't fast because he has irritable bowel and not eating sets it off so I thought maybe low carb/high fat. As a vegetarian who mostly exists on carbs though he may find it challenging!

That will be our challenge for 2014 together with getting me back to maintenance. :)

Hi @loulou51
@fatdog and @callyanna pointed me towards Celia Brooks Brown Low Carb Vegetarian. Out of print but I got a cheapo copy on amazon that was in mint condition. However I do recommend you reading fatdog's thread if you have not already tuned in. Follow her and he will lose weight. :clover: :grin:
Previous 1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 36 of 134