The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 37 of 134
Previous 1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
01 Jan 2014, 16:16
Happy 2014 everyone.
Home again, thank goodness. Thought of @Candicemarie as we drove through Liverpool. Popped out of the Mersey tunnel into watery sunshine and by the time we drove up the Welsh hills of home, it was cold and grey again.
Looking forward to getting back to my routine tomorrow after too much eating and drinking.
01 Jan 2014, 16:30
I wish I could turn off my carb addiction. Normally its kept under control but the day after a carb overload (namely lovely food and lots of alcohol) I just can't seem to reign it it. I feel a new thread coming on about that. I am grazing today, being the family dustbin. The left over mince pie and the leftover blackberry and custard plait are the main culprits, but also include a fistful of peanuts, and 3 Quality Street chocolates and I can see my post Christmas nil weight increase being compromised. Fasting isn't until Saturday, though I had a good one on Monday.

I am going to try and be good, which isn't going very well so far when I have 1.5 pints of cream to use up before it goes off (freezer should work, though the cream does separate when frozen, if I can find room in the freezer), peppercorn sauce anyone?
01 Jan 2014, 17:26
Grandchildren returned home to parents, house looks wrecked. Another happy day with my lovelies :0) now to make some dinner then start my Thursday fast at 7pm. Better crack on then.
01 Jan 2014, 17:53
Pssst! Everyone! Is @PennyForthem home yet?
I heard she was passing thru my city today...been hiding behind the couch in case she rang my doorbell ...is it safe to come out yet? :grin: :lol: :grin: :lol:
Only jokin Penny,mia casa,sua casa xx
01 Jan 2014, 18:54
Let the Thursday Fast commence :0)
01 Jan 2014, 19:54
No not yet @Azureblue I haven't finished my wine :)
01 Jan 2014, 19:56
How did Min get on today @minsmum? Enjoy your wine then step away :smile:
01 Jan 2014, 20:07
Oh poor Min came home drenched to the bone, tired with sore feet and spent an hour in the bath. If she were 10years older (she's 11) I would have taken her up a large glass! She loved every minute of it, but was unimpressed with the ponies in front of her. "mummy I had to dance on pony poo!"
She's looking forward to next years already :)
01 Jan 2014, 20:36
Hi All, really tired tonight.

Went out to the Sailing Club last night to see the bells in. There was just a few of us there and it was BYOB, nibbles, games and musical instruments. Well, it was an excellent night. Got home to bed at 3am and woke at 5:30am with feeling a bit icky - must have been something I ate :wink: . Finally got up just before mid-day.

A couple of the kids from the sailing club got dry suits for Christmas so it was decided today that they and some others would find out if the really were dry in the water. So at 2pm nine adults and kids wearing wetsuits and drysuits went running into the Moray Firth. It was a beautiful day here but chilly! I put my wellies on and went in the water - very brave of me. After that we all warmed up at one of the girls houses with some hot chocolate. What a brilliant way to bring in the New Year.

We've had our steak pie and are being couch potatoes waiting for Sherlock to come on the TV.
01 Jan 2014, 20:45
Sounds like Min had a fab day @Minsmum

If you've been following our dog fostering/adoption, it looks like it's fallen through, due to various reasons.
Unfortunately, it had us all excited and now we're sad, so we are contemplating another Springer spaniel puppy for our old girl to mentor before she departs to the great kennel in the flower meadow.
I know, I know, we're stark raving bonkers...
01 Jan 2014, 20:49
@Julieathome I can share your misery I get so annoyed that the slightest wanderings into carb land and I'm hooked. I have found that the only thing that stems it is to fast. I have just been on a three day carb binge chocolate, cakes, ice cream and peanuts! and that's not even counting the wine. I gave the gingerbread to a neighbour and put the rest of the rhubarb crumble into the freezer. I have had a repair day today just finished a lovely smoked salmon salad and am planning another repair day tomorrow as we are off on a skiing holiday on Sunday after spending 2days at my sons in Glasgow helping out at our grandsons birthday party on Saturday 13 6/7 boys. Will I be able to avoid the carbs.? Will I h--l so I may have to repair while travelling Sunday. Earlier today I hid a box of Turkish delight and a box of Thorntons toffee from myself. I may have completely lost it by the time I come back from holiday. :lol:
01 Jan 2014, 20:52
@wildmissus - sounds like a fantastic day. You must have had less wind than us down here :shock:

@minsmum - glad to hear a bit of pony poo hasn't put her off :wink:

@PennyForthem - oh what a shame! Best laid plans etc ... Never mind, looks like you're set on getting one now! Is there a rescue springer spaniel set-up anywhere?? You sound eminently suitable as potential rescue owners if there is ...

@Nessie - there's no hiding place here on the forum! Wot a confession :shock: :wink: enjoy your hols and don't for goodness sake do a Schumacher! :shock: :wink:
01 Jan 2014, 20:53
Sorry to hear that news Penny - I don't think you are bonkers at all.

We have a 22 year foxy Chihuahua - we are thinking of getting another one as Harry will be departing soon - he's clearly not going anywhere on his own, so decisions have to be made - although I am fighting it - he's eating, drinking and just walking, and at the moment doesn't seem to be in any pain - but, we will wait and see and taking it day by day.

Thinking of you - take care.

cheers Maggie :smile: :smile: :smile:
02 Jan 2014, 00:28
@PennyforthemI am sure you are bonkers- but in the nicest sort of way
02 Jan 2014, 01:31
hello folks - just stumbled across this thread - I haven't weighed since Xmas but have the next 2 days off work (hubby is going though!) so I feel I should fast tomorrow and get back on it - not too many leftovers but so much chocolate which will be going in the bin if I can't offload it - doesn't seem as tempting this year somehow though! :)
Previous 1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 37 of 134