The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 35 of 134
Previous 1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
31 Dec 2013, 08:34
I'm in full NYE mode - just had drinks with some friends and now we're gearing up for a picnic to watch the fireworks with other friends. I've already eaten too much and feel rather stuffed but I know there'll be more eating and drinking as the night goes on. I'm looking forward to my next fast - thats for sure!

Wishing everyone a WONDERFUL New Year's and hope 2014 brings you all much health, less weight, and lots of laughter xx
31 Dec 2013, 08:38
Hi Melbmandy and Everybody

champagne chilling - prawn and salmon roulade ready to eat as a starter; followed by Pork in Mustard Sauce and Roasted Vegetables, then Strawberry Trifle, I only hope I can stay awake til midnight - oh!and not eat too much of any of it!!

Its a perfect night and enjoy your picnic and the fireworks.

Happy New Year everybody.

cheers Maggie xx :smile: :smile: :smile:
31 Dec 2013, 08:49
Karen It is never a good time to suddenly die but I agree that around Christmas always seems to hit hard. I also think that when someone who otherwise seems healthy just drops dead it is such a shock, it makes one ponder one's own fragile mortality.

Candice, join the ranks of the nocturnal zombies. Most nights find me wandering the house and often bumping into hubs as he is not much better. We frightened the life out of each other once when we both thought the other was fast asleep in bed, the sudden meeting in the dark was quite funny as I screamed and he instinctively put up his fists to fend of the miscreant that he assumed had broken in to relieve us of.........well, not a lot actually.

SD, I had a lovely day yesterday tucked up under my heated throw reading the Dec book 'The Cuckoo's Calling' a really good book, I am almost half way through it so it may have to be another day under the hot throw for me even though I am desperate for a walk,mmmmm. We shall see.

Off to the next door neighbours this evening for a Hogmany party so I shall take this opportunity to wish you all a great New Year and hope it brings only good things,

Much love to everyone,

Ballerina x :heart:
31 Dec 2013, 09:42
An early Happy New Year from me also!
I hope we all have a great year achieving love, laughter and happiness x
Cheers m'dears :0)
31 Dec 2013, 10:10
@Silverdarling It really is terrible for a parent to lose a child.... They were lucky to meet you there to give them an address. Lots of positive thoughts for them to find a bit of strength :clover:

Does anyone have a simple recipe to cook prawns ? I have prawns for tonight and don't know how to do it, other than with lemon or lime or garlic. It has to be with basic ingredients and they will go with a chicory salad

The small desserts to go with the mince pies tomorrow are done

Just have to prepare the scallops and spinach soup for a late lunch :wink:
31 Dec 2013, 10:55
:clover: Bad news is awful any time but seems far worse especially this time of year each Christmas comes and all you can think of are the bad years you tried to leave behind.
sorry here I go again upsetting myself and probably you.

Happy New Year

to all my new friends I've made on this forum :heart:
I've just made resolutions to @Azureblue. :heart:
and @Manderley yes the big grey bear just like me and thanks for the offer of help I may take you up on that :heart:
So as we move closer to the new year/new me as you can see avatar + signature sorted resolutions made and just one more excuse for celebration (Tonight) then back to serious fasting for me anyway starting tomorrow because my fast yesterday wasn't a good one either but probably far better than this time last year as I said this time of year is very difficult for me and I'm struggling to keep control :shock: nuff said x
31 Dec 2013, 11:38
Awwww I know @sue.Q....... try to put it all to the back of your mind if you can. I have little boxes in my mind where all those things are stored and I try not to open them too often. Trouble is, as you know, they do get out on their own sometimes. When they do I have a think about them and then back they go. I don't very often get them out to dwell over. Try to focus on your fantastic achievement of this year, look forward to doing even better next year and think about your new big family of virtual friends. We're all here in the chatterbox when you fancy a catch up x

Oh edited to say that I forgot to mention that this mornings weigh in brought me back to where I was this time last week :victory:
31 Dec 2013, 12:06
Whoo Hoo, I didn't put on any weight over Christmas. This is a first among first.

Also concerning NYE, for years it has been family only, very close family, namely 4 of us, not even our daughter as she usually went to her boyfriends or elsewhere, (the problem with Autistics in the family is that you don't get invited because of predjudice). Yet this year we have 2 invites. One to daughters boyfriends going away party and the second to the neighbors, the lovely Polish couple who moved in earlier this year.
31 Dec 2013, 13:49
:heart: :heart: Thank you @Wendy Darling yes you're quite right I do box them up and away but yes jumping out unexpectedly bit to often lately, strangely enough after I submitted my reply I thought about you!!!
how weird is that✴
Well done on being back to your prexmas weight :heart:

after my bingeing sessions I'm thankfully same as my normal Friday weigh-in (that was 1kg gained over xmas)
So that kg to go plus all the others in the new year I'm happy enough with that for my ♥New Year New Me ♥
31 Dec 2013, 13:53
Sue youre not like a big old bear..maybe like a cute and cuddly bearcub x
31 Dec 2013, 13:58
:heart: :heart: @CandiceMarie did I say old??
Well yes I am that also Lol
We'll all have a great new year together yes!!! :heart: :heart:
31 Dec 2013, 14:51
@julieathome and @Wendy darling Well done for maintaining your weight over the holidays :victory: :victory: :victory:
31 Dec 2013, 15:25
I was amazed at only putting on a pound. But I've been so very tired theses past few days. Back to essential afternoon snooze. Just the three of us for nye thanks goodness. I might just be able to stay up till midnight.
31 Dec 2013, 15:53
OMG for the first time ever in my life, and I mean ever I've lost weight over Christmas. It may only be a pound but it's a pound of fat that I didn't need so I'm starting the new year on a pound down high :) yay go me.
No NYE celebrations in our household tonight, I'm on earlies tomorrow so up at 5am, I'm to old to burn the candle at both ends and have lots of paperwork to do so need to be "with it". Also husband has to be up early with Min as she's one of the performers, if that's what you call them, in the London New Years Day parade. She has 2.2 miles of dancing to do, no doubt in the pouring rain! Poor child. She loves it though and is super excited about it.
So to all of you partying, enjoy, have a glass for me.
31 Dec 2013, 16:35
:heart: WOW @Minsmum Well done indeed :heart:
Losing over xmas I don't think I'll ever be able to say that.
Previous 1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 35 of 134