The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 49 of 134
Previous 1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
04 Jan 2014, 17:41
I see @silverdarling has listed the next quiz. Think I might know a few of these :like:
04 Jan 2014, 18:27
Four days into the new year and the shops are full of Valentines Day stuff and ...Easter eggs
I guess in the retail world there's no concept of living in the Now and enjoying the moment! X
04 Jan 2014, 18:46
CandiceMarie wrote: Four days into the new year and the shops are full of Valentines Day stuff and ...Easter eggs
I guess in the retail world there's no concept of living in the Now and enjoying the moment! X

Yes, crazy isn't it? sometimes makes me feel like I'm wishing my life away always looking forward to the next commercially hyped date on the calendar. Really do need to take time out and 'smell the roses' or whatever's currently out there to ground myself in the here and now.
04 Jan 2014, 19:03
I have to say @Callyanna that is a lovely profile picture of you - I aspire to become to slim again.

You look gorgeous.

cheers Maggie :smile: :smile:
04 Jan 2014, 19:12
Maggiee wrote: I have to say @Callyanna that is a lovely profile picture of you - I aspire to become to slim again.

You look gorgeous.

cheers Maggie :smile: :smile:

Oh thank you very much Maggie, that's extremely kind of you! :oops:
04 Jan 2014, 19:25
Maggie

Sorry to hear about your sad loss. I am in a similar position. Playing it day by day with my lovely 11 year old dog who has heart problems.

My heart goes out to you.

Lesley
04 Jan 2014, 19:32
Oh I feel so fat. Who bought me my favourite chocolates!!!!!

Can't wait to get back to normal. First fast day for 3 weeks next Tuesday. Bring it on.

Lesley
04 Jan 2014, 19:59
lesley54 wrote: Maggie

Sorry to hear about your sad loss. I am in a similar position. Playing it day by day with my lovely 11 year old dog who has heart problems.

My heart goes out to you.

Lesley

I feel for you, too. Our old girl has vestibular disease and her next bout may be her last. However, we have a new puppy for her to mentor while she can.
First night tonight..... heaven help us!
04 Jan 2014, 20:03
Oh dear. I have found the Christmas box of ginger in chocolate. Oh dear oh dear. Oh yum!
04 Jan 2014, 20:07
Lob some over then, @Azureblue I'll womanfully help out
04 Jan 2014, 20:17
Thank you Penny. We are taking it day by day and are on an emotional rollercoaster, but thinking about all the great times we have had with him. Love him to bits.

My thought are also with you. Hard game to play isn't it? But, a new puppy! How lovely. Hope you have a good night and not too many wake up's.

Lesley
04 Jan 2014, 20:28
@lesley54 we have already introduced her to the pack and her cage (her own space) and so far so good.
Will post some photos soon.
04 Jan 2014, 22:23
So sorry Maggiee, we too know what it is like to lose our beloved dogs and my heart goes out to you.
Deb
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
04 Jan 2014, 23:05
Maggiee wrote: We had to say goody-bye to our dear little doggie boy 22 year old Harry this morning after having two fits during the night. :heart: :heart: :heart:

He is now up in Doggie heaven sharing the bread with our beloved friendly Magpies!

cheers Maggie :(

:heart: :heart: Hi @Maggiee I'm so so sorry I missed this sad post of yours, have had few things going on the last couple of days and been busy and distracted. My hospital appointment was Today at 4pm!!! rather pppdd off with that bloody dark + cold + wet and going into an almost empty hospital very spooky well I'm happier now because my every 2 months has been changed to
every 4 months so will at least be a better time of year May hopefully the beginning of summer for us!!!
Are you watching @Wendy Darling No soggy wet feet today coz I had on my new boots Santa bought me :heart: :heart:

Edit:: forgot to say will have to be very good tomorrow because my hubby called at the chippy on our return!!!!
:shock: Oh dear :shock:
05 Jan 2014, 00:02
Today has been a good and a bad day. Good for having friends come round from Kent who are fellow Home Educators, as they were visiting family in Herefordshire. It was lovely to have like minded people around just chatting and drinking tea and coffee.

Bad because all the conversation affected my neck. Now I know you are asking how conversation could affect my neck (and its problems), its because I was doing the 'tennis' neck, looking backward and forward, side to side continuously and even trying to look over my shoulder at times to follow the conversation. I spent a couple of hours using the TENS machine (on top of my meds) whilst on the sofa. It must have worked because I dropped off to sleep almost immediately.

Using the daily Mail for starting the fire? I'm actually using the old Christmas wrapping paper stuffed into empty toilet roll centres. I have a bin bag full of them (its for my wood burner in the shed).

I will still have chocolates and treats left over from Christmas by Easter, never mind Valentines Day. Every time I open the kitchen cupboard door or the store cupboard another treat yells 'eat me, eat me, its not a fast day, eat me'. The meal planner, using up what I have in the house has been extended to the 28th January before we need to buy much more than milk and fresh veg. I keep on thinking of more stuff I can make, such as pizza.

The shopping bill of Friday was a bit high because hubby bought me a new blender, with lots of gadgets instead of the food we didn't need.

I am trying to persuade myself that nausea is not a good reason to break my fast (too many meds) and that its after midnight so its not really breaking my fast, but its not working. I'm having a right boxing match between my conscious the little demon in my head at the moment.
Previous 1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 49 of 134