The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 51 of 134
Previous 1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
05 Jan 2014, 10:50
Well, after extensive research (by me) I can reveal that eating a very tasty curry, followed by ginger coated in dark chocolate, one extra pound of blubber will show up on the scales the next morning :0@
Ho hum.
Strict fast commencing 7pm tonight for 24 hours!
05 Jan 2014, 11:39
Morning peeps!
Late on parade today and can't stay long.
I have to report I have a bad back, but I have been out with pup and she's had her first 'sit' lesson. She's a quick learner!
Hubs has done me toast with a little butter, so I can have painkillers.
05 Jan 2014, 11:42
Oh dear, hope it clears up soon. Does your pup respond to treats? I do :grin:
05 Jan 2014, 11:43
Toast???? You will have @Ballerina here with that look in her eye :lol: :shock: :lol:
As the 'T' word hasn't really been mentioned over xmas ... :bugeyes:

Mmmm tho, I really fancy some now ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad to hear all well with the pup, looking forward to some pics with that new camera of yours #justsaying :lol: :heart:
05 Jan 2014, 11:46
:heart: :heart: Take care @PennyForthem Hope your painkillers start to work soon for you :heart: :heart:

Mmmmmm toast + butter god that does sound nice can't remember the last time I had that having almost
cut bread out
Doing a half/semi fast today hoping to repair my 1kg xmas gain and obviously help me to get closer to my
Valentine challenge that I've probably set bit high :shock:
05 Jan 2014, 11:54
[quote="Silverdarling"]Toast???? You will have @Ballerina here with that look in her eye :lol: :shock: :lol:

I do have more than ONE eye although I am not prepared at this juncture to reveal just how many I have but, you can rest assured that I am no Cyclops :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
05 Jan 2014, 11:55
Hope the back soon improves Penny. What have you called the latest addition to the family?
05 Jan 2014, 12:29
Copying my post from the insomniacs because I posted it there instead of here. Doh!
Afternoon all, I finally managed more sleep after doping myself again. I'm still in pain this morning but so far, with meds, it's manageable. This mornings break-fast was weird. I went with what my body wanted, which was a small fistful of peanuts, 2 slices of cheese and an apple. So all food groups were covered and I felt good on it. I have just been tempted by the little homemade flapjack bites that my visiting friend gave me yesterday. So I've had the equivalent of half a flapjack for lunch. Plus I jumped on the scales and I've put on 1.5 pounds since my post Christmas weigh in. I was ever so careful over Christmas, I guess the New Year celebrations were a bit too much.

Holidays! Especially winter ones, I love them. The most relaxing one I have ever been on was an all inclusive in Egypt, down at Marsa Alam. Absolutely nothing to do but swim, snorkel, go on trips and eat. It was bliss, especially considering the stress we had been under prior to it. All the locals were bundled up in fleece jackets and we were sweltering in shorts and t'shirts. The place were were at had their own coral reef on the doorstep so I spent hours each day just floating and watching the fish swim by. Martyn was about 6 at the time and nearly swallowed his mouthpiece the first time he saw a clown fish (very much into Finding Nero).

Today is Ebay listing as its the last day of free listing and maybe try and get into the shed, but its freezing out there. I had to get some stuff from there earlier and the padlock felt as if it was burning my fingers, it was so cold.
05 Jan 2014, 13:54
Hi @PennyForthem get well soon xx
Like cally,ive been wondering what new pups name is? Or are you trying to decide?
Like SD said,looking forward to some pics!
Heres a little cutie ....one of my fave breeds..airedale,tho my alltime fave has to be a wirehaired fox terrier! X
image.jpg
image.jpg (16.22 KiB) Viewed 280 times
05 Jan 2014, 14:59
Bit nippy round the trossacks today so our trip out was mainly within the car :0@ not good for exercise.
NEAT. What was that all about now?
Oh yes. Moving not sitting, even standing is good, but Not Sitting. Not sure about the treadmill desk and possibly not the standing desk, but then I'm old so don't count.
Being mindful and getting up. Do it. Now
05 Jan 2014, 15:31
We are home and have collected the cat who seems to be ecstatic to be back. Speaking of which, I'm just watching Life of Pi on Sky. What a wonderful life affirming story. I still can't work out how they have been able to convey the relationship between a boy and a tiger. Lovely film.
05 Jan 2014, 15:42
:cat2: Glad you reached home safely Karen and didn't get blown away. Bet your cat was delighted to have you back too! :cat:
05 Jan 2014, 15:44
Yes he is doing that thing where he is pretending he can't be bothered. But secretly he is loving it. We had to endure all of his grievances of the past week in the car on the way home :bugeyes:
05 Jan 2014, 15:57
After discussing names for hours, we have settled on a name for pups.
We wanted something unusual and something to do with the month we got her. Jan just didn't suit her so we looked at January related things eg birthstones.
In the end, we have settled on Anu (January) and it's Finnish for Anna.
So now we have Maisie (May), Toba (October) and little Anu. Our old girl was named by my son and has a very common name.

When I got a rescue dog before Christmas 1996, son asked if we could call her Whiskey. I agreed, upon the condition he didn't go into school and tell everyone his Mum had got him whiskey for Christmas (he was 14!!)
05 Jan 2014, 15:59
What a lovely name Pen! Can't wait to see the pics.
Previous 1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 51 of 134