2005 posts Page 53 of 134
Previous 1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
05 Jan 2014, 21:15
Ahhhhhhh hiw lovely..and so is Toba!
Ok need a pic of Maisie now @PennyForthem x
05 Jan 2014, 22:05
I'd like to start a new thread for a new topic but can't work out how to do it - not sure if it's something I'm not allowed to do or i just can't see where to do it - help/advice please!
05 Jan 2014, 22:14
@Madcatlady, if you scroll to the bottom of the page click in the 'jump to' box on the board you wish to post in e.g. 'non diet chat', then on that page at the top click on 'new topic' and bob's your uncle! Hope that makes sense!
06 Jan 2014, 01:05
Hooray! I do think I have hit my 'carb'd' out limit, at long last. I just can't eat anymore carbs (I hope I still feel the same tomorrow).
I have put the Christmas cake (only one slice taken out of it) and the rest of the cakes, biscuits, chocolates and jelly babies in the cold store cupboard where they will be out of sight and will require a small amount of effort to get to them, which I hope will bring me to my senses when I go hunting for my carb fix.
06 Jan 2014, 07:52
Morning all. I hit my carb limit also yesterday. All that talk of toast on the other thread, nothing to eat in the house when I got home (even though I was supposed to be fasting).

Woke up in the night with 'carb flu', which as low carbers will know, you feel your fingers and face swell up, also started coughing (what a wimp) and your stomach starts churning violently. My fingers are like sausages this morning.

So now I have learned my lesson and will be staying in the new low carbers tent.

How's the pup this morning @pennyforthem?
06 Jan 2014, 07:58
oh that doesn't sound too good Karen, hope it passes quickly.
We've got RAIN!!!!!
I know it is tedious and tiresome if you get it all the time, but it's dull and grey and proper rain coming straight down. Not enough to clean the place from the perpetual stoor (dust) but enough to make the air feel a bit fresher.
Making me even more homesick though...
06 Jan 2014, 08:39
Good day to everyone ! :grin:

@rawkaren, hope you feel better soon :clover:

My foot still hurts. I saw my GP who told me not to worry, there was a crack in the tiny little bones on the top of the foot but there was only something to do, wait. And not wear high heels, of course :razz:
06 Jan 2014, 09:20
Morning peeps!
Dogs walked, pup walked, played with, fed, pooped and cuddled (bonding... honest!).
Back a lot better today - good job as a puppy doesn't tolerate such human failings.

@Manderley take care of that tootsie.
@rawkaren carb underload today, hun, and hope you feel better soon
06 Jan 2014, 09:28
:heart: Morning all well I seem to learn something every day from this forum @rawkaren No I had no idea those were symptoms of "carb flu" where have I been all my life?.
Yesterday I did a half/semi fast which I think has helped get me back on track for today's fast, last night + this morning I feel well sort of "thin" if that makes sense, have been getting these sort of days for sometime off+on
obviously (off at xmas ) is this the carbs talking ? :heart:

@Manderley We all thought you had done some damage so now you play the waiting game but at least you know exactly what it is, and that's comforting for you
Take -care of yourself :heart: :heart:

@PennyForthem How's the baby this morning? and yes should have said Toba is beautiful and lovely big
brown eyes :heart:
♥ Fasting today a proper 500 calorie one!!! Now I come to think of it I truthfully can't remember the last time
I actually did one of those!!! Feeling Good and really positive about it today.
06 Jan 2014, 09:36
rawkaren wrote: Morning all. I hit my carb limit also yesterday. All that talk of toast on the other thread, nothing to eat in the house when I got home (even though I was supposed to be fasting).

Woke up in the night with 'carb flu', which as low carbers will know, you feel your fingers and face swell up, also started coughing (what a wimp) and your stomach starts churning violently. My fingers are like sausages this morning.

So now I have learned my lesson and will be staying in the new low carbers tent.

How's the pup this morning @pennyforthem?

Oh i get the fingers like sausages at times @rawkaren
I always wonder why it happens and now i know its those darn carbs! X
06 Jan 2014, 10:11
@PennyForthemI forgot to ask, how is the beautiful girl this morning ? Would love to have my own dog (other than the one I have at my parent's) but my very possessive furry baby wouldn't like it.... at all.... She's not the kind who likes to share, she tolerate her "sister" and my OH but that's about it :bugeyes:

@Sue.Q Don't worry, it's nothing. Just a bit painful at time but the color is much much better and to have a plaster wouldn't fast things up anyway. I will try to ride a bit Wednesday, even just a few minutes because I really miss it and, as long as I don't push the pedals with the toes, it should be fine :wink:
06 Jan 2014, 10:22
Morning...well you learn something new everyday if you put your mind to it...carb flu, never heard of that one! I know I end up looking 7 months pregnant if I overdo the carbs, but sausage fingers?
Min woke up this morning demanding we go for a run as she hasn't exercised over the Christmas break! Whilst I commend her for her love of keeping fit I question the need to drag me along, oh well new year new me and all that. So off we ( me Min and the dog) went down the canal. Didn't break any land speed records, but I was faster than the couch potatoes out there, haha. Got very muddy but had a wonderful mother daughter session as we jumped over puddles and panted along getting very red in the face and sweaty. Might even go as far to say I actually enjoyed it and am contemplating going again!!! This is a bit of a revelation for me as I don't run, I can bike, do circuits, kickbox, walk 10 miles, but I don't run!
However my enthusiasm may wane depending on how much I ache tomorrow!
06 Jan 2014, 11:00
Oh @PennyForthem I meant to ask how the new member of the family is. Has she been accepted with open arms?!

My two are funny, so jealous of each other and always desperate to get the best seat in the house (usually next to me!) they are just like children!

One of the best things about them is that they won't go out if it's windy or raining...so we haven't been out for a few days. No excuse today though!!

Bean :sleepy:
06 Jan 2014, 11:40
@nursebean thank you for asking - yes, they are like children in many respects, aren't they?
The one dog we were a bit wary of has been the most tolerant of the new arrival, the one we thought would be the most tolerant seems a bit scared (and she's normally the most confident) and our old girl has thought, I'm sure, 'here we go again!'.
This morning, Anu has been introduced to Mr Hoover (not scared) Mr washing machine (no, not in it!) Mr steam mop (too hissy) Mr duster (great fun) and Mr brush (for her ears).
She's learning 'leave it' and 'sit' and is currently asleep in her cage, having played all morning. Oh to be a puppy!
06 Jan 2014, 11:47
There is always something that surprise me, the use of a cage or a kennel. My family dogs for years now (it's our 3rd, all from the same breed, 2 boys and a girl, but we never used a cage, even when we were out, and even my cats only go in theirs only when I took them in my car.

You're lucky she's not scared by Mr Hoover, my dog bark after it every time and my cats go hid under the closet :confused:
Previous 1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 53 of 134