The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 54 of 134
Previous 1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
06 Jan 2014, 11:54
@janeg I bet my daughters boyfriend is a bit updet about the rain having just got there. LOL.

@Rawkaren Sausage fingers, I get that plus aching wrists, with horrendous hot flushes when my carb levels are too high. Its the achy wrists and hot flushes that have persuaded me to start being good again and get the carb levels down again.

@Manderley I'm glad you went to the doctor, sorry to here its a fracture though. Be gentle with your recovery. I know what its like to miss your regular exercise. I've only been to the gym 3 times since before Christmas and will be glad to get back into routine tonight.

I've been up way too early today, after yet another very late night. So I've done most of my housework already, plus cleaned out the deep fat frier and strained the oil. 3 loads of washing done and dried and sorted, floors brushed, just the mopping and maybe a quick hoover left to do, then I am off to my shed. I am going to have a tidy up in there (its a bit cluttered with my sons bike, received from my daughter as she can only take one bike with her). Then I'm going to have a go at making a giant crochet hook, to make rag rugs with. Then the gym tonight.
06 Jan 2014, 12:54
Julieathome wrote: @janeg I bet my daughters boyfriend is a bit updet about the rain having just got there. LOL.

@Rawkaren Sausage fingers, I get that plus aching wrists, with horrendous hot flushes when my carb levels are too high. Its the achy wrists and hot flushes that have persuaded me to start being good again and get the carb levels down again.

@Manderley I'm glad you went to the doctor, sorry to here its a fracture though. Be gentle with your recovery. I know what its like to miss your regular exercise. I've only been to the gym 3 times since before Christmas and will be glad to get back into routine tonight.

I've been up way too early today, after yet another very late night. So I've done most of my housework already, plus cleaned out the deep fat frier and strained the oil. 3 loads of washing done and dried and sorted, floors brushed, just the mopping and maybe a quick hoover left to do, then I am off to my shed. I am going to have a tidy up in there (its a bit cluttered with my sons bike, received from my daughter as she can only take one bike with her). Then I'm going to have a go at making a giant crochet hook, to make rag rugs with. Then the gym tonight.

@julieathome Yes you are right. Hot flushes back last night! I also forgot the runny nose (rhinitis). I think I'm a bit gluten intolerant. Thankfully sausage fingers subsiding now and water flowing nicely............. thank you!

@manderley Sorry to hear its a fracture. I'm also glad you went to get it looked at properly. Take care :heart:
06 Jan 2014, 13:14
Oh, Manderley, what bad luck, a break! Hope you are going to take things easy til it heals.

Penny, sounds like the new 'baby' is settling in, how lovely is a puppy?

Rawkaren,I also never realised there was such a thing as carb flu! will pay more attention in future! thanks for that

Ballerina x :heart:
06 Jan 2014, 13:25
Hmmm! the rhinitis has also flared up this past 2 weeks as well. I have always wondered if its wheat or milk based. I can give up wheat, but not my cheese.

I have just had the brilliant news that my daughter has passed her driving test 10 minutes ago. She only started lessons in late December, passed her theory last week and passed her test today. Brilliant daughter and brilliant 'crash course' instructor. My eldest is going to put her on his insurance for the rest of the month and take her driving every chance she gets, just to get some experience in. This month is running away with me, only 3 weeks and I'll be saying goodbye to her.
06 Jan 2014, 13:28
YAY! Well done Jade! That is such good news and you have to engage proud mammy mode! :D
06 Jan 2014, 13:30
@janeg can you recommend a car hire company for her for the first month? Just a little run around that won't break down.
06 Jan 2014, 13:44
I'll have a look and PM you :)
06 Jan 2014, 13:59
Thanks for your kind words :heart:
Don't worry, it's not that bad, just a bit annoying, it could have been much much worse when I think of it, like falling down the stairs head first for example :confused:

Bought my 1st coconut oil jar ever and will try bullet proof coffee in a minute. A bit worried though as I hate coconut taste, even if it smells heavenly....
06 Jan 2014, 15:03
Manderley wrote: Thanks for your kind words :heart:
Don't worry, it's not that bad, just a bit annoying, it could have been much much worse when I think of it, like falling down the stairs head first for example :confused:

Bought my 1st coconut oil jar ever and will try bullet proof coffee in a minute. A bit worried though as I hate coconut taste, even if it smells heavenly....

Blend it Manderley and maybe add a little butter too. It will go frothy. If you just let it melt, you get a nasty oil slick on the top :shock:
06 Jan 2014, 15:11
We are starting clicker training today. Positive reinforcement; she does what she's told, click, treat! She'll be a very well behaved dog!
Vet tomorrow for quick check up.
06 Jan 2014, 15:26
Ooh give me a treat and I can be well behaved too!
06 Jan 2014, 15:43
@minsmum I'll have to send you out into the garden to do your business as well then
06 Jan 2014, 15:52
Oh the joys of puppy training, I've forgotten all about that! @Manderley my Minnie is just the same. You can't even touch the Hoover without her leaping out from her bed somewhere in the house to have a really big bark! She's so funny!

@PennyForthem will there be any piccies available soon?
06 Jan 2014, 15:55
I don't want to clog up this thread with too many pics,@nursebean, so I'll put some on my blog, when I've got some more - is that OK?
Previous 1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 54 of 134