The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 56 of 134
Previous 1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
06 Jan 2014, 21:49
to be fair I was listening more than watching! it does amaze me that the general public seem so oblivious to sugar content in fruit juice though.......and it makes me wonder how long the "diet food" industry would survive if people woke up and smelt the coffee!
06 Jan 2014, 22:40
oh and having looked at the FAQs I still can't figure out how to set a profile! not that it will probably let me upload a pic as it has deemed them all corrupt so far when I tried to show some of my fur-babies!
06 Jan 2014, 23:50
this is bad - me again - 3 in a row - are you guys all having a party somewhere else???????
Anyway - just say an ad - XLS Medical now do a carb blocker as well as the fat ones - does that mean you might get pasta wiggling out of your bottom along with the creamy sauce??????????
07 Jan 2014, 00:03
@madcatladywill reply in the morning with full instructions x
07 Jan 2014, 00:11
Eeeewww! What a thought!
07 Jan 2014, 09:00
I've been so cagey telling people how I've lost weight, just because I've had a few instances of judgement (as I'm sure many of us have had) so this evening, when my trainer asked me what I was doing to lose weight, I told him reluctantly. As I was waiting for his scorn, he grinned and told me that he fasts too! He does 16:8 every day and has been doing it for about 8 months.

It was so nice to talk to someone about it and be able to be as enthusiastic as we are on here.
07 Jan 2014, 09:18
same here @melbmandy. I don't talk about it and every now and then, someone will say they are fasting and then I come out of the closet as I know I'm speaking to someone who gets it. When that happens, usually a whole bunch of other closet fasters pipe up too :lol:
07 Jan 2014, 09:30
Good day everyone ! :lol:

Still don't say how I lost the weight as I don't want anybody else telling me that I am sick and playing with my health. Well, except OH who understands how it works as he does the same thing for 30 years..... I don't know why people think that you need to spend a lot of money (to see a dietician or be in a program) to lose weight, it seems that common sense shouldn't apply to be serious. Oh well......

Today is my best friend's birthday (51) and it's a bit awkward as he is an ex at the same time and today is going to be crazy busy. I am trying to find a nice card for him but it's a bit difficult
07 Jan 2014, 10:08
I'm the same, not that I'm ashamed or anything, but because I'm always trying something new. Mostly doing well then putting it back on due to it not being sustainable. I say I'm having a light day to my family, (fasting is not a word I use) but my iPad is always sitting there with the 5.2 homepage visible. There's only two non family members who know what I've been doing and one is the person who put me onto it.
07 Jan 2014, 15:47
@madcatlady to set your profile/signature, go to the user control panel, then click the profile tab. That's where you can upload an avatar too.

http://www.picasion.com is good for avatars.
07 Jan 2014, 16:07
I thought all dogs were bright, but I think we have the brightest springer in springerdom!
In 2 days, she has mastered sit, recall, fetch (including bringing it back to you, but not the 'drop' bit yet! She is also learning 'down' and 'stay'.
Of course, it's all fun, clicks and rewards at the moment but she has the basis of being a very bright dog and an extremely quick learner.
Now, I just wish she's learn that the fringe on the rug is not a toy!!
07 Jan 2014, 17:14
Wow! Sounds as though you've got a genius on your hands @PennyForthem...and relax (as Harry Hill would say :-) )
07 Jan 2014, 18:13
@madcatladyhere's fuller instructions on how to set an avatar picture, I just looked it up to reply in another thread help-f14/topic5530.html
07 Jan 2014, 18:41
nursebean wrote: Wow! Sounds as though you've got a genius on your hands @PennyForthem...and relax (as Harry Hill would say :-) )

And then we took her to the vet for a check up and he said, 'she's much too bright for you, let's perform a partial brain-ectomy in line with your other dogs...' :lol:
07 Jan 2014, 18:46
Would anyone believe that I'm sitting here at home in upstate NY feeling far too warm even though it's only 3 degrees F outside? Well, it's true--the sun is pouring in our south-facing windows and our temp is up to 74 F. The furnace hasn't turned on for hours ever since the sun hit our windows.

My heart goes out to all those suffering the extreme cold today without the benefit of the sun on their windows. I'm hoping that people in the South who are also enduring single digit temps, but mostly are not used to it, will be ok.

Must find out how my sis in Georgia is doing.
Previous 1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 56 of 134