The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2001 posts Page 109 of 134
Previous 1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX CANDY!!
13 Aug 2014, 23:02
Thanks everyone. It's just regular vertigo. I went to the docs yesterday and she has given me exercises to do morning and evening. She sees no infection but lets see!
13 Aug 2014, 23:09
@rawkaren - @azureblue took the words right out of my mouth. I did wonder what @carieoates was on about in hangout earlier, now I know! Labyrynthitis is horrible, I had it as a teenager. You do need antibiotics unfortunately if that is what it is. I would also be careful if you are going to fly soon, which you are.

Get thee to Hobbs on your return, there are lots of goodies in the new season's stuff :grin:
13 Aug 2014, 23:11
Oh yes - spa sounds good :cool: but I've spent the equivalent on my 2 pairs of specs :shock:
15 Aug 2014, 19:25
Skinny smallish man gets into an elevator, looks up and sees a HUGE black guy standing next to him.

The big guy sees the little Man staring at him... He looks down at him and says:
"7 ft tall, 350 pounds, 16 inch penis, 4 pounds of testicles, Turner Brown "
The little man faints dead away and falls to the floor.
The big guy kneels down and brings him to, shaking him......The big guy says, "What's wrong with you?"

In a weak voice the little guy says, "What EXACTLY did you just say to me?"

The big dude says, "Well, I saw your curious look and I figured I'd just give you the answers to the questions everyone always asks me................
I'm 7 ft tall, I weigh 350 pounds, I have a 16 inch penis, my testicles weigh 2 pounds each....and my name is Turner Brown
little guy says: "Turner Brown?!....Sweet Jesus.........I thought you said, "Turn around!"

:lol: :wink:
15 Aug 2014, 21:36
Spa sounds just perfect to me. :like: :grin: :wink:
15 Aug 2014, 21:42
You're in @Nessie :like:
I've started doing one every 6 weeks or so, full day at spa with treatments and one we go to does a 3course lunch. :heart:
15 Aug 2014, 22:05
@Sue.Q sounds fantastic.
16 Aug 2014, 17:30
I don't know if these are genuine, i think they probably are,some of them anyways,but they're all funny,and it's quiet on here,so exercise yr chuckle muscles....

Customer: 'I've been ringing 0800 2100 for two days and can't get through to enquiries, can you help?'.
Operator: 'Where did you get that number from, sir?'.
Customer: 'It was on the door to the Travel Centre'.
Operator: 'Sir, they are our opening hours'.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Electronics
Caller: 'Can you give me the telephone number for Jack?'
Operator: 'I'm sorry, sir, I don't understand who you are talking about'.
Caller: 'On page 1, section 5, of the user guide it clearly states that I need to unplug the fax machine from the AC wall socket and telephone Jack before cleaning. Now, can you give me the number for Jack?'
Operator: 'I think you mean the telephone point on the wall'.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RAC Motoring Services
Caller: 'Does your European Breakdown Policy cover me when I am travelling in Australia ?'
Operator: ' Doesn't the product name give you a clue?'
Caller (enquiring about legal requirements while travelling in France ):
'If I register my car in France , do I have to change the steering wheel to the other side of the car?'
Directory Enquiries
Caller: 'I'd like the number of the Argoed Fish Bar in Cardiff please'.
Operator: 'I'm sorry, there's no listing. Is the spelling correct?'
Caller: 'Well, it used to be called the Bargoed Fish Bar but the 'B' fell off'.
Then there was the caller who asked for a knitwear company in Woven.
Operator: 'Woven? Are you sure?'
Caller: 'Yes. That's what it says on the label; Woven in Scotland'.
On another occasion, a man making heavy breathing sounds from a phone box told a worried operator:
'I haven't got a pen, so I'm steaming up the window to write the number on'.
Tech Support: 'I need you to right-click on the Open Desktop'.
Customer: 'OK'.
Tech Support: 'Did you get a pop-up menu?'.
Customer: 'No'.
Tech Support: 'OK. Right-Click again. Do you see a pop-up menu?'
Customer: 'No'.
Tech Support: 'OK, sir. Can you tell me what you have done up until this point?'.
Customer: 'Sure. You told me to write 'click' and I wrote 'click''.
Tech Support: 'OK. In the bottom left hand side of the screen, can you see the 'OK' button displayed?'
Customer: 'Wow. How can you see my screen from there?'
Caller: 'I deleted a file from my PC last week and I have just realised that I need it. If I turn my system clock back two weeks will I have my file back again?'.
---------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
There's always one. This has got to be one of the funniest things in a long time. I think this guy should have been promoted, not fired. This is a true story from the Word Perfect Helpline, which was transcribed from a recording monitoring the customer care department. Needless to say the Help Desk employee was fired; however, he/she is currently suing the Word Perfect organization for 'Termination without Cause'.
Actual dialogue of a former WordPerfect Customer Support employee. (Now I know why they record these conversations!):

Operator: 'Ridge Hall, computer assistance; may I help you?'
Caller: 'Yes, well, I'm having trouble with WordPerfect.'
Operator: 'What sort of trouble??'
Caller: 'Well, I was just typing along, and all of a sudden the words went away.'
Operator: 'Went away?'
Caller: 'They disappeared.'
Operator: 'Hmm So what does your screen look like now?'
Caller: 'Nothing.'
Operator: 'Nothing??'
Caller: 'It's blank; it won't accept anything when I type.'
Operator: 'Are you still in WordPerfect, or did you get out??'
Caller: 'How do I tell?'
Operator: 'Can you see the C: prompt on the screen??'
Caller: 'What's a sea-prompt?'
Operator: 'Never mind, can you move your cursor around the screen?'
Caller: 'There isn't any cursor: I told you, it won't accept anything I type.'
Operator: 'Does your monitor have a power indicator??'
Caller: 'What's a monitor?'
Operator: 'It's the thing with the screen on it that looks like a TV. Does it have a little light that tells you when it's on??'
Caller: 'I don't know.'
Operator: 'Well, then look on the back of the monitor and find where the power cord goes into it. Can you see that??'
Caller: 'Yes, I think so.'
Operator: 'Great. Follow the cord to the plug, and tell me if it's plugged into the wall.
Caller: 'Yes, it is.'
Operator: 'When you were behind the monitor, did you notice that there were two cables plugged into the back of it, not just one??'
Caller: 'No.'
Operator: 'Well, I need you to look back there again and find the other cable
Caller: 'Okay, here it is.'
Operator: 'Follow it for me, and tell me if it's plugged securely into the back of your computer.'
Caller: 'I can't reach.'
Operator: 'Uh huh. Well, can you see if it is??'
Caller: 'No.'
Operator: 'Even if you maybe put your knee on something and lean way over??'
Caller: 'Oh, it's not because I don't have the right angle - it's because it's dark.'
Operator: 'Dark??'
Caller: 'Yes - the office light is off, and the only light I have is coming in from the window.
' Operator: 'Well, turn on the office light then.'
Caller: 'I can't.'
Operator: 'No? Why not??'
Caller: 'Because there's a power failure.'
Operator: 'A power......... A power failure? Aha, Okay, we've got it licked now.
Do you still have the boxes and manuals and packing stuff your computer came in??'
Caller: 'Well, yes, I keep them in the closet.'
Operator: 'Good. Go get them, and unplug your system and pack it up just like it was when you got it. Then take it back to the store you bought it from.'
Caller: 'Really? Is it that bad?'
Operator: 'Yes, I'm afraid it is.'
Caller: 'Well, all right then, I suppose. What do I tell them??'
Operator: 'Tell them you're too f --- ing stupid to own a computer!!!!
16 Aug 2014, 17:58
@candicemarie. I'm sure some of these have more than a grain of truth. I once worked for a well known software company and a customer phoned our support line about installations. It was in the days when floppy discs were used (yes a long time ago). The technician asked the customer to insert her disc and she asked where abouts in the telephone she should insert it. True story :lol: :lol: :lol:
16 Aug 2014, 18:15
:lol: :lol: :lol: @rawkaren!
Hope the vertigo is improving?
I ' m just watching a tv prog " Fat: the Fight of my Life"
Young woman who is unlikely to conceive unless she loses weight ( 22 stone) x
16 Aug 2014, 18:18
PS decided to get on my exercise bike while i watch :victory:
16 Aug 2014, 19:06
PPS she lost over nine stone in a year...enough for her to go on a fertility programme x
I enjoyed biking..it helped i was looking at an obese woman trying her hardest to lose..made me pedal like billyo! :lol:
17 Aug 2014, 07:31
Happy Sunday everyone !

Hope your week went well. @rawkaren hope you feel better :rose:

This was such a busy week for me. First, a brand new PC is really exciting except that Windows 8.1 is a pain when it comes to internet connexion. Mine became very very low and it seems that a lot of people have/had this issue. So it took some time but I finally find the solution and now this laptop works just fine (except a bit of an issue with Windows Update but it's manageable)

My mother is still at the hospital but there was some really big progress this week. We may know why she falls like she does, a problem with her hypertension medication. That medication makes her go on hypo tension when she gets up which triggers kinds of blackouts and makes her fall and not remember anything after. Oh and she walks way better since she has the medical corset. Too bad she only sees things in a negative way, even if I can understand her frustration after nearly 5 months

And OH is still the most sexy man ever, even with a bit of a tummy . It's funny how this man who always used to say "I'm a free man and you can do whatever you want with whoever you want as long as I don't know it" has changed... He's so cute when he's a bit possessive (not a creepy one, don't worry) :heart:

That's about it, I think. Oh yes, today is a naughty day. I'll eat my first fast food in months.... it should be interesting :bugeyes:

Take care lovely people ! :heart:
17 Aug 2014, 07:47
Sounds as though things are improving in your world@Manderley
Enjoy your day and your naughty food!
17 Aug 2014, 07:59
@Manderley
I'm so glad things are looking better for your mum :like:
You enjoy your naughty food today you may not even like it as much as you used to though depending on what it is. :shock:
I had my first baguette yesterday truthfully it was awful and I won't be repeating that one ever again, the proper French ones yes but not that rubbery rubbish. :heart:
Previous 1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 134 Next
2001 posts Page 109 of 134