The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2001 posts Page 110 of 134
Previous 1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX CANDY!!
17 Aug 2014, 10:04
@Sue.Q - was that the baguette that was *thrust upon you* :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: I think there are some forumites (probably not up yet :lol: ) who might have something to say about that :wink: :razz:

@Manderley really pleased to hear that things are getting sorted out, however slowly. It sounds like the medics are getting a handle on your Mum's condition. My Dad had acute postural hypertention as part of his overall medical disorder, so it might be worth exploring this with the doc, as the medication can make a big difference.
17 Aug 2014, 11:44
@silverdarling yes that "thrust baguette" does conjure up some funny mental images hehehe! :lol:
@wildmissus thinking of you with your new adventure ahead in your new job! :like:
@Sue.Q love yr idea of rewarding self every six weeks or so with spa..made me think..none of us talks much on here about rewarding selves...we need to do that more often! You know, we deserve rewards coz even if we " fail " to lose as much weight as we wd like/ need to,goodness knows we keep trying,and we keep encouraging each other..and those things deserve recognition almost as much as dropping pounds does x
17 Aug 2014, 13:18
@Candicemarie Yes I've always treated myself with a reward to mark each stone along the way. :like:
Group of us got together since packing in work and we do a monthly lunch and last year decided to put in the occasional spa day, because of my size and the fact that I hadn't worn a swimming costume for 20yrs or so I was very reluctant indeed and passed up on the first one they did stupidly claiming
to be unwell :shock:
Naughty I know but since I've lost bit more I've dared and bought a costume which I'll need to replace soon coz its to big, but I love the spa days they are a real relaxing treat especially with a massage.
one meet up is lunch the next is a spa day. :cool:
17 Aug 2014, 13:48
@PennyForthem Congratulations on your :star: :star: award you got this week well done that woman fantastic achievement :like:
Hope today's market went well for you. :clover: :clover: :clover:
17 Aug 2014, 13:59
Big congratulations @PennyForthem! :like: x

And well done @Sue.Q on overcoming your swimming cozzy fears AND in now outgrowing it!
My friend has just bought a Swimmy that has LEGS in it down to the knee.. Which in my case wd hide a multitude of sins :cool:
17 Aug 2014, 14:06
CandiceMarie wrote: Big congratulations @PennyForthem! :like: x

And well done Sue.
My friend has just bought a Swimmy that has LEGS in it down to the knee.. Which in my case wd hide a multitude of sins :cool:

Get one @CandiceMarie You're coming on this spa holiday :cool:
with us all like it or not!! Plus the next spa day could be in your area :shock: who knows? All is possible you know :heart:
17 Aug 2014, 14:15
@pennyforthem What an amazing woman you are. Congratulations! :heart: :heart: :heart:
Sunday breakfast treat this morning. Poached egg on paleo toast (which is bread made with almond flour) :cool:
17 Aug 2014, 15:04
@Sue.Q! , A real spa? I thought we were just talkin a pretend one!
Sounds fab idea...so far,on meet ups,due to health probs,ive only been there for a little while then had to leave ..or not gone at all :confused:
but a spa wd be v relaxing venue...
I'd need to save for quite a while as from now til Dec is my busiest time birthday wise and of course,crimbo costs..
But if anyone was aiming for a bit of a budget one in 2015, i wd love it..guess we wd have to say Middle of Uk somewhere so we all travel about the same? :?:
@rawkaren thanks for pancake recipe..could we have the almond flour one pls? Or is it exactly same as any loaf just different flour? X
17 Aug 2014, 15:22
Hm @Sue.Q et al,just googled where is the centre of the uk...comes up with Leicester/ Coventry /Derby/ Bury..but also confusingly,Haltwhistle..in Northumberland? :?: :frown: I am a real mixed up kid now :bugeyes: ...my geography isnt good at the best of times ..( not as bad tho as a friend of mine who thought Scotland was BETWEEN England and Wales...just how can anyone come to that conclusion!)
17 Aug 2014, 16:21
CandiceMarie wrote: @Sue.Q! , A real spa? I thought we were just talkin a pretend one!
Sounds fab idea...so far,on meet ups,due to health probs,ive only been there for a little while then had to leave ..or not gone at all :confused:
but a spa wd be v relaxing venue...
I'd need to save for quite a while as from now til Dec is my busiest time birthday wise and of course,crimbo costs..
But if anyone was aiming for a bit of a budget one in 2015, i wd love it..guess we wd have to say Middle of Uk somewhere so we all travel about the same? :?:
@rawkaren thanks for pancake recipe..could we have the almond flour one pls? Or is it exactly same as any loaf just different flour? X

@Candicemarie. Sorry, this bread is shop bought. You can't get it in the UK http://www.julianbakery.com/paleo-produ ... nd-1-carb/. However, here is the link to my pumpkin bread recipe which I posted earlier this year. Seems to go down well with our fast friends. post174879.html?hilit=pumpkin%20bread#p174879
17 Aug 2014, 16:22
Oh and Haltwhistle is just down the road from me in the UK, but I can confirm that there are no spa's there! :curse:
17 Aug 2014, 16:25
Good point @rawkaren but i bet Northumberland is just gorgeous..i always forget it's where you're from coz of the London / SanFran connections..and is @silverdarlingfrom Northumberland also? X
17 Aug 2014, 16:35
She is indeed, but she is about an hour away from me. It's a big county!
17 Aug 2014, 17:04
CandiceMarie wrote: Good point @rawkaren but i bet Northumberland is just gorgeous..i always forget it's where you're from coz of the London / SanFran connections..and is @silverdarlingfrom Northumberland also? X

@CandiceMarie - Meriden nr Coventry is reckoned to be the centre of England, whereas Haltwhistle (just along the Tyne Valley about 15 miles west of where Karen lives) is the centre of Great Britain (ie including Scotland)

Lovely pic of Tynedale from Karen, I was in Corbridge yesterday and it was lovely as usual ... I am indeed an hour away, further up the coast at Druridge Bay (see pic of beach on my avatar)

And there are loads of spa possibilities up here ... A former colleague has just been to Seaham Hall south of Sunderland (v expensive) but there is Slaley hall, Matfen Hall (nr Karen) and also Doxford Hall and Longhirst Hall (both near me) - also to the north, Stobo Hydro in the Borders. Not to mention numerous places in Edinburgh - maybe @Ballerina @wildmissus and :oops: @Nessie would be interested in Edinburgh, along with any of our Scots fasting friends ... But be quick, we might need a passport soon :shock: :shock: :shock: :wink:
17 Aug 2014, 17:41
Took this pic of Dunstanburgh Castle last time I was in Blighty. @silverdarling Always good to walk up to there and back. We normally go for lunch at the Jolly Fisherman in Craster or The Joiners Arms down the road (can't remember the name of the village).

The second pic is the pacific coastline down the road from me here. I reckon it looks just like Druridge Bay!
Previous 1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 134 Next
2001 posts Page 110 of 134