The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2001 posts Page 115 of 134
Previous 1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX CANDY!!
26 Aug 2014, 18:42
Winsome wrote: Fantastic photo Karen, you both look radiant and happy, and very smart. Love the tie and shoe colour clash - my beach hut is now stripes of red, pink (more shell pink than your shoes) and white with doors the same colour as your hubby's tie :grin: So of course I approve. Love clashing colours!

Manderley, what a gorgeous fella. I love terriers.

I'm just back from a long weekend in beautiful Bath. Hubby and I were there from Thursday afternoon till Sunday evening. Total bliss! We ate and drank and had a couple of very late nights (by which I mean 3am!) out on the town. What luxury to nap until 20:30 and have dinner out at 21:45, as we did on Saturday. Not an option with the children in tow! We did our bit to prop up the local economy, including hubby buying me an utterly gorgeous and super glamorous vintage LBD. I wore it on Saturday night and felt a million dollars :smile:

For their part, the children had a great time at Brownie pack holiday, and a wonderful time with the Godparents after that.

I really need to fast after the holiday and the long weekend, but the girls are too 'present' and paying too much attention (they missed their mummy) for me to be able to disguise my not eating :confused: Tomorrow should be better as they have friends around in the afternoon.

Blimey@winsome. 3am bedtime. How do you cope? I could not manage that. Anyway Bath to East Kent is some distance so kudos to you for the travel alone. I used to live in Canterbury. Where are you?
27 Aug 2014, 07:28
OK now this is getting crazy. This is my 6th attempt to write a message. I don't know what I am touching or doing but I keep losing the messages (and always when I am nearly finished, of course) and it's driving me nuts :confused: :bugeyes:

So, here we go again...... Happy Wednesday everyone !

@rawkaren Glad everyone is ok :rose:

@Lizbean Awww they are so cute at that age :heart:

Happy is 2 years old but really still has puppy manners, it's a really nice surprise. I must admit, I was a bit worried at first but he's so cute and has really soulful eyes, how couldn't he won my heart ? :heart:

I won't be living with him but will see him everyday for a long walk and spend time with him. I am co owning him in the sense that, as my parents are getting old and their health is not that good, they wouldn't take a new dog without knowing for sure I would take him if something would happen.

Another positive note, my mother is going to a recovery center today, which proves how much progress she has made the last 2 weeks. That means about a month before going home. When I think that this whole story began 5 month ago to the day, it gives me a headache :shock:

Take care everyone ! (yesssss !!!! this time I did it !!!!) :victory: )
27 Aug 2014, 07:56
So pleased to hear that things are at last going well for you and yours @Manderley. The little border terrier is lovely! I think they always do remain a bit puppyish. Like all terriers they will be very territorial, and loyal, ie they look after the family and their home. I am sure you will get a lot of happiness from owning him, as will your parents. I do hope your mum will take heart from him as well - she has some good things to come home to, you included!
27 Aug 2014, 08:10
She was a bit stubborn at first and wanted only the same breed we previously had but at least 600 € ( arournd £500) for a puppy seemed way too much. I pleaded saying that, changing breed would make him really special and we wouldn't compare to the other ones we had as much, which is a good thing. I showed her the video and the pics I took and she really liked him. He really is cuddly and seems to like having people around him so it will be an easy win :grin:
27 Aug 2014, 14:12
@Manderley Enjoy playing with your new PC
The new baby boy is so cute and lovely enjoy him when you get him. :heart:

@rawkaren
Glad all your friends are OK I did think about you when news broke about the earthquake. Have a great holiday.

Where's the lovely @CandiceMarie?
What you up to Candy, out with your toyboy? :heart:
27 Aug 2014, 14:43
Just noticed I've missed @Hazelnut20
Happy belated birthday Hazel so sorry I've missed this but have no idea where to look theses days. :shock:
Glad you had a great day and congratulations on maintaining this summer that's a job in itself :like: :clover: :heart:
27 Aug 2014, 18:20
Ooh sorry @Sue.Q ive only just seen your enquiry as to my whereabouts...
Busy but exciting time right now,with DD and SIL home
They've just gone to the cinema so i've come on here to see how my buds are getting along and catch up with the noos xx
@wildmissus how are you enjoying the new job? x
27 Aug 2014, 18:27
Glad all's OK @Candicemarie Yes very exciting having your DD+SIL with you and the imminent move.
27 Aug 2014, 18:30
Exciting but exhausting @Sue.Q but i am thrilled how its turned out
SIL loves new job and soon they' ll be living in sparkling brand new house xx :like:
28 Aug 2014, 06:50
Happy Thursday everyone !

Here we go again, the message I previously wrote just disappear and I still don't know why.... :confused:

As I was saying, today is another busy day. I will go to see my mother in the recovery home, and as she will have 2 hours "work" this morning, it should be crazy. I mean, when she's tired she's a bit of a handful so.. wait and see :wink:

OH is exhausted and I don't know how to help him. I mean, he's buried under too much work and has some crazy family stuff happening, plus some health problems (long story). So, how to help ? I am here without being "too much" here but it doesn't seem enough.

Up to try to find a bit of sun somewhere.....
28 Aug 2014, 07:10
@Manderley here is some sun for you from the South, enjoy it and hope it makes you feel better
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Ballerina x :heart:
28 Aug 2014, 07:48
I have been without internet since last Friday, but have managed to tape the mifi ti the roof vent in the caravan et voilà! We have t'internet! Unfortunately, I am on my tablet and I find that it doesn't always do what I want.
I've managed to more or less catch up. Agree with all comments re Karen's photo and Manderley lovely puppy. We are doing alternate days walking and cycling and i hope to catch you all laters
28 Aug 2014, 09:28
Glad you've found connection @PennyForthem
We do feel like were missing out if we don't get WiFi when on holiday, and getting forum withdrawals.
Good luck with the tablet mines behaving
very well theses days. :heart:
28 Aug 2014, 10:29
Today I am tackling the breakfast room, which becomes the playroom when my granddaughters are visiting. They left on Monday and I can't avoid it any longer, having postponed it by cleaning everywhere else in the house! It always makes me a little sad when I'm packing it all away, especially as they can now only visit during the school holidays, since the five-year old started school. However, we will see them again in two weeks time when we go over to Germany to look after them while my daughter and son-in-law have a week's holiday on their own - well deserved since he only came back from his six month's posting in Afghanistan yesterday. The next time is likely to be Christmas, unless we pop over to them again before then, because they have plans for the half-term holiday in October. Never mind there's plenty of other things to be doing, places to go, people to see!

@CandiceMarie I know how much you must be enjoying having your family with you, although I find that it can also be a little exhausting.

@Manderley, love your new dog! He's a real cutie. There are three border terriers on the farms around us and they are great little dogs - very friendly and less snappy than other terriers can sometimes be. Hope that your visit to your Mum is not to difficult - they can be hard work at times.

@Wildmissus, I hope that your first week at work has gone well and that you're not too exhausted!

@PennyForthem, maintenance buddy, glad you've found a connection! It's amazing how out of touch you can feel without wifi. This morning we have wifi but no email - our provider is 'looking into it' so who knows how long that will take! :frown: Hope that you are wearing your fitbit and logging your cycling. I'm still coming to terms with mine but it is encouraging me to walk more - that's a miracle in itself! Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

I better go before this post gets any longer! Enjoy your day wherever you are and whatever you're doing! :smile:
28 Aug 2014, 10:40
I agree Stowie@StowgateResident it IS exhausting tho no children involved in our case! For us its coz three of us are living in a smallish flat! So some organisation needed to keep things flowing smoothly and harmoniously!
But am enjoying every minute of this new chapter in their and my lives! X
Previous 1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 ... 134 Next
2001 posts Page 115 of 134