The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 82 of 134
Previous 1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
01 Mar 2014, 08:05
I would be painting :grin: :grin: :grin: only, erm, off to my folks for the weekend :grin: :lol: :grin:
01 Mar 2014, 08:42
Painting the town instead, eh, SD? Maybe not....
It's going to be an interesting weekend without the car. As hub doesn't drive, he blithely announces where he'd like to 'be taken' at the weekends. I usually readily agree and off we go! He's talking now, of being stir crazy being at home 2 days (he should try it the other 5 too!) and I have a list of jobs as long as my arm for him, because we can't go anywhere! He won't have time to be stir crazy, believe me!
01 Mar 2014, 08:50
We moved into this house 14 yrs ago this sept. It was brand new. Now things are starting to look tatty.
We have two new radiators in our hall, ready for hubs to install. The one in our downstairs loo has gone rusty through people dripping water on when reaching for the towel. The one In the hall suddenly spang a leak from near the bottom not even near a seam!

Our bedroom furniture is MFI and older than our oldest (17yrs) and he was conceived in our bed even though we've had a new mattress.lol

Should have seen his face when I told him this fact..............ha ha
01 Mar 2014, 08:54
SD, any excuse for not painting eh?

Penny, what a drag, being the only driver in the house, still, I suppose he is at your mercy, nice one. Hope the car is not off the road too long, I hate being without ours which is only when it goes in for a service, like a week today for instance.

Have a great weekend everyone,

Ballerina x :heart:
01 Mar 2014, 09:00
Ballerina wrote: SD, any excuse for not painting eh?

Penny, what a drag, being the only driver in the house, still, I suppose he is at your mercy, nice one. Ballerina x :heart:

It has been a bone of contention, but I accept now he will never drive. And yes, 'at my mercy'... tee heee!
01 Mar 2014, 09:18
Blimey, is this the DIY tent or what?! Can't really enter into that conversation, seeing as how I live with my folks an all! Would love to have my own house...I've always dreamed of a little Hansel and Gretel cottage, overlooking beautiful English countryside. I guess thats why I watch those property programmes like Escape to the Country and Location Location, Location. Sad, really, but I can dream can't I?!!

Well the sun is out again today and I'm currently listening to the new Pharrell Williams (?) album (free to listen to on iTunes). Hmm, pretty good so far. At the moment he's asking me "D'you wanna get dirty girl?" Well, no doubt I will when I take the girls for their walk! :wink:

Won't be around much this morning as am off to meet my fellow ME buddies. I've called it our "MEet up" Clever, eh?!

Anyway, I'm just glad its a feast day (now I'm listening to "Happy" and I feel, yep, pretty happy!)

Have a great day everyone!!

Bean :grin:
01 Mar 2014, 09:47
Take care nursebean and don't overdo things today. Hope your MEet up goes well.
As for Penny's husband, 'that'll learn him!' as my gran would say!
01 Mar 2014, 10:14
@nursebean, you look different this morning, very colourful.

Went down the beach at 11:30 last night with youngest daughter to see if we could see the northern lights and we think we did. The sky was very dark and not a cloud in the sky and it was quite windy and cold. Above the sea was a hazy area which kept curving, curling and enlongating but stayed around the same place. There was also a whispy bit that just appeared then disappeared.

Just had breakfast and the cat has thrown up on the lounge carpet. Lovely. Girls are still in bed, not sure what we are going to do today.
01 Mar 2014, 10:18
Hi Beanie Bobs, hope you have a great MEet with your pals, whatever your hair colour is!!! It looks suspiciously yellow to me on your new Avatar but love the floppy ears! Be glad you don't have to do house maintenance as it last a lifetime, always something to do.

Wildmissus, I'd love to see the Northern lights, how lucky that you were able to do such a lovely thing with your girls last night, am quite envious.

Ballerina x :heart:
01 Mar 2014, 11:09
Good morning Friends of Fasting, and I like the look of this bright sunshine even though it's only 4*C.
Anyone heard how Moogie's doing? Poor lass, such a serious episode just when she is so busy, really not fair.
I'm just getting outside of a good coffee before assaulting the day, having pushed two wash loads through and vacuumed a bit so far.
I wish more of our thousands of fasters would join in on here, open the discussion out as it were. Stop watching and start tapping folks!
01 Mar 2014, 11:16
Hello ladies , you are all a crafty lot! Enjoy your MEat bean, mmm, sounds like chilli con carne!!!
You certainly couldn't survive here without a car, we had two but have got rid of one while I am working away
So jealous of you seeing the northern lights missus, it's an ambition of ours!
01 Mar 2014, 12:32
I'm so excited now. Now that youngest daughter is out of her pit I got her to facebook and google about the aurora in our area last night and we definitely saw them. They were at their best at about 10pm when you could see their colour. I had seen a flash over the horizon at one point and daughter also saw a flash. We have a local newspaper style blog which described exactly what we saw and described the flashes as 'strobe effect'. Woohoo.

We are planning to go down the beach again tonight at about 10pm. I hope the weather holds up and this time we'll take the binoculars and just be patient.
01 Mar 2014, 15:10
Ebay listings today and a storeroom tidy up. I seem to be having lots of 'not doing much' days at the moment. Then again, when you think about it, a busy Mum doesn't even count the little stuff she does automatically. Like when you get up, you automatically bring down a pile of washing and have it in the machine washing whilst you drink your first cuppa. The pots are washed as you wait for the kettle to boil for the second cuppa. Every time you go upstairs you carry something else up, and bring something down. Every time you walk in a room you fluff up a pillow or put something back in its place. Yet the rest of the family don't notice it and can't truthfully pinpoint what you actually did to make a room look tidier when you were only in it for 3 minutes. So I would say that I haven't actually stopped today, but I haven't done anything that could be counted as having 'done' anything.

My task list is getting very long. I have now added painting the bedroom wardrobes and making a well drained path through the lawn to the shed where a small decked area is to be built at the door so we don't sink into the mud too much in the future. Now If I do the deck properly (as I always do) it will mean having to move the compost bins, which could be a good thing as they need to be more in the sunshine and I can then have a proper wood store/ drying rack built up off the ground. Whoo Hoo another hammer and nails job.

I really should put this on the DIY listing, shouldn't I? I will when I get started and have photo's.

I also am getting the urge to get the sewing machine out and make some summer weight patchwork bedspreads. At least with sewing all that's going to happen is a needle through the finger, instead of a chisel in the eye or something just as disastrous with the woodturning.
01 Mar 2014, 16:35
Well inspired by this thread I have bought a pot of paint (a cream paint named Bonnet!) in readiness to paint my old dresser in the conservatory which is looking a bit 'tired'. However it's a bit cold in there right now so I shall wait until it's a nice sunny day. I also have the idea to get out the sewing machine @Julieathome and have a go at taking in a favourite summer skirt which is too big for me now. It's ages since I did any sewing, I always liked it.
I wonder if the Northern Lights will come out again tonight..I missed it earlier in the week...darn it.
01 Mar 2014, 16:46
We've been for a wander round the lovely Anglesey Abbey gardens, full of snowdrops, hellebores of every colour, crocus, iris, viburnum, cyclamen and so on, very colourful it was too. It was also packed busy which annoyed OH no end!
Home to my usual tasty curry and 'Salamander' at 9pm on BBC4 :0)
Previous 1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 82 of 134