The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

205 posts Page 11 of 14
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Next
Have just spent a happy hour ( when I could have been ironing /dusting /tidying up) viewing your posts - what a brilliant group of people you are ! So diverse too ; now I think I know you a little bit better ! Amazingly , we all have one thing that unites us - 5:2 . Onwards and downwards , as they say !
Goldilox xx
I just combined my current initials with the first two letters of my maiden name. Pretty boring! Especially after I had been on the forum for a few weeks & enjoyed the creativity. If I could change it, it would be...oh well, can't change it so never mind. Really enjoy all of yours though :)
Resurrecting this in the hopes of hearing more stories, x! :geek: come on guys,spill ! X
CandiceMarie wrote: Resurrecting this in the hopes of hearing more stories, x! :geek: come on guys,spill ! X

In "all" quilting world online I'm Wolfie. Well IRL for my American friends too. So when I was in Houston for the quiltshow we had dinner with some friends of a friend and one of the ladies started me and went "are you the Wolfie from the xx yahoo group" How probable is that? And when I was at the Gamill LongArm both one of the sellers stood listening to our talk and then asked "do you have a blog called Wolfiestitchin?? And how probable is that? That one of my readers of a little Swedish was working at just that company at just that time we was there?

Apart from this I was experiencing something amazing; I sat on a bench at a small rest area (you know some benches in a U shape) and small talked to the lady next to me. I was so out of it, that the lady next to me (and the rest of the benches) changed every now and then and every single one of them had some ties to Sweden or Scandinavia. Unbeliable! :smile:
:heart: Excellent thread. :cool:
My father loved nicknames and gave me this name because as a very young child I took great delight in popping out from behind doors etc and shouting 'BOO'. For some bizarre reason he extended the nickname to my mother and called her Big Boo so I became Little Boo!!! :smile: :wink: :grin:
Sorry for resurrecting this again,but user names fascinate me!
Come in @frizzbomb! Amongst others!
Bumping this hoping to hear from more newbies ! X
Can you just remind me why you are called @Candicemarie Candy Cane? Good idea on the "bumping". We seem to have quite a few newbies lately don't we!

:smile:
@nursebean..i' m CandiceMarie after a character from " Nuts in May",played by the wonderful Alison Steadman...in one of my fave Mike Leigh films
And of course,it goes without saying i love candy! :heart: :wink: xx
Oh great! I'll make a note of that film. I love Alison Steadman, she's a terrific actress isn't she!

Thanks for that Candy :smile:
I use my avatars name Isis because she was one of my cats that sadly is no longer with us & because I still miss her. She was full of fun with a strong personality & I'm sure she must have had a sense of humour because of her behaviour ! She was named after the ancient Egyptian goddess Isis who was regarded as a creation goddess & because cats were worshipped then & I enjoy ancient history.
I have two dogs and three chickens. The animals, dogs included, all get referred to as cheeky chickens when I'm talking to them in that daft sing song voice we reserve only for pets and babies!
I am obsessed with canoeing and my husband and I have 3 kids . I bring them all on every canoe trip in one long canoe. I actually went though 2 other names before coming up with this one ..the other forum members helped me come up with canoegal :cool:
That sounds great canoe - a - roo! X

@cheekychicken your pets sound really well loved! X
Simple, been married to Mr T for a long time ! No, not the one from the "A Team" ! Come on, who else remembers the theme tune ?
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Next
205 posts Page 11 of 14