The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

205 posts Page 10 of 14
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Next
@Bigravity..ah said in all innocence bless him x
@danielle21711 yr photo's lovely!
@loversghost whenever i see yr name i think of a song i love called Your Ghost by Kristin Hersh
Heres a link to it.. ( hopefully)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCnyRdrW3Zc&sns=em
loversghost wrote: 'The Lover's Ghost' is the name of a folk song by Vaughan Williams and I have always loved it; the chords in it are beautiful. Hence the username.

Just listened to this on YouTube - it was lovely! The Lark Ascending by RVW is my absolute favourite piece of classical music ever and would definitely be on my desert island discs list!
@candicemarie thank you!!!
When I was about 10 , I had to choose a confirmation name. I looked at every name in the book of saints and the prettiest name to me was julianna, so that's my confirmation name.
One of my friends affectionately calls me a mad cat lady (we have 8 - used to be 9) and I thought why not use it - if the cap fits!
greenmonster wrote: Just listened to this on YouTube - it was lovely! The Lark Ascending by RVW is my absolute favourite piece of classical music ever and would definitely be on my desert island discs list!

I can't listen to a lot of Vaughan Williams without wanting to cry (in a good way) - and I know what you mean about 'The Lark Ascending'
loversghost[/tag] whenever i see yr name i think of a song i love called Your Ghost by Kristin Hersh
Heres a link to it.. ( hopefully)

/quote]

Not heard that song for ages! Thanks for reminding me :smile:
I belong to a few forums and this username was the closest to my real name that was not taken on the first one I joined.

Thereafter it just stuck and it makes logging in everywhere much simpler.
I joined up to do a year of swapping craft materials on a Craft site.
Had to remain annonimous until the end of the swap.
The Swap was called Angel Swap...
hence
Tenshi
Mine was a hamster I had years ago and was the colour of brandy (the drink) so I use variations of it on diffeent sites and forums.
Without giving away any secrets ( eg your identity !) , I'd love to know how Forum members ended up choosing their user name . . . . . . .!?!?!?

User names conjure up a mental picture , don't they ? Wineoclock, Nursebean , Creakypete,Ballerina , Janeg . . . . I feel I know you all , but do I really ?

Mine evolved from an event in my childhood , aged about 3 , I believe . My father's boss had been invited for dinner , and on meeting me , asked , "and what's your name , little girl?" - to which I replied , "Goldilocks!" ( apparently my favourite bedtime story ). No amount of persuasion , cajoling , nor my poor Mother's embarrassment , would make me change my mind . So Goldilocks I remained , (though my Forum spelling's with an x ! )

What's your story ?

Goldilox xx
There is a long thread on this somewhere already.
Have merged the two threads...hope that's ok!
Oops , didn't realize this topic had come up already . Am enjoying reading everyone's postings , however . . . . !
Thanks @carorees for merging!
Thanks to @Merlin for noticing!
And thank you@Goldilox for reviving the subject
Was only thinking yesterday,we have a lot of new members and i want to know why they chose their name! X yours is a cute story GL! X
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Next
205 posts Page 10 of 14