The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

205 posts Page 3 of 14
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 Next
I'm still curious re Scots herrings and asking moms?? Is that eat your greens on alternate days, ADFnFuel? Also TML 13 we used to have a radio show called the Argonauts, and they had names like Ulysses 99. So. Fun thread, this one.

Mine is due to our new apartment being a hilltop 'castle' near a beautiful strand of beach. It faces the Pacific ocean. We can see the blue of the sea from our front balcony. Thus, sandcastle.

Sandcastles: finding shell treasures and polished coloured glass and pumice and feathers, with a hand from my grandkids,and dang, sometimes one well-travelled thong, or a smelly jelly-fish! So,it's a cue to the greater outdoors...

Some of the user names are mysterious, and some are witty. I'm partial to brush-tailed possums and might have used that if I'd found a pic! :cool:
CandiceMarie wrote: Oh i has forgotten about dragnet tho was only talking about highway patrol yesterday! ( ten four!)

That brings back memories of Car54 and Rat Patrol too!

CandiceMarie wrote: How about your name ADnFuel? Youve got me intrigued..is your job reading gas meters! XX

I played around for a suitable name for several weeks of lurking here before joining and still have a list of nearly 80 candidate names; some that'd make good 5:2 bumper stickers.

"ADF" is, of course, the abbreviation for Alternate Day Fasting
"n" as slang for "ing" or "and"
"Fuel" as a play on words for fool (or food as fuel)

So ADFandFuel or ADFingFool

The latter refers to my unintentional adoption of ADF as a WOE strategy. Afterall, "It's only one more day than 4:3!". Which is "only" one more day than 5:2. So in the first two weeks of ADF I was hooked.

I could just as easily have been known as:

Flabuless
SkatToFinny
Fork5Fast2
RustyFork

Or even:

WooHoo!5:2
I love this thread! Thank you for posting it :)

My brother called me Doodle when we were little, and he still does, and now I really like it when you lot call me Doodle - makes us seem like family :grin:
I use this name on quite a few forums! My name is Vicki and I keep chickens so became Chickvic! :smile:
TML13 wrote:
Silverdarling, I came across this link while looking for something (canny remember what now) and I found it rather interesting: http://www.historyshelf.org/secf/silver/

Sandcastle - this link from TML will explain it all - herrings called this in North East England too
Here you go, Sandcastle. :)

marsupials1.jpg
brush-tailed possum
marsupials1.jpg (21.67 KiB) Viewed 482 times

Bob Davis is my name. A dear friend calls me bobbyd and the following number is the zip code of where I used to live. Pretty boring, I know.
Hey, what a cute little fella and that's all I'm saying :smile:

Ballerina x :heart:
Hmm ... nilchoco is 'no chocolate' (can you believe it?? Bit obvious I know). I gave up chocolate about 12 months ago as my consumption of it was completely OUT OF CONTROL!!

Chocolate to me is like alcohol for an alcoholic - one piece and I'm done for. It's easier without it.
Chook is short for Big Bad Chook which was an affectionate name given to me by an ex boyfriend. Also, my old singing teacher once made me ""cluck" my way through the aria Caro Nome. Sounds strange but clucking gets rid of vocal tension and the memory always make me smile. And if you don't like it, I'll turn into an emu and kick your dunny door down!
It's always wineoclock somewhere in the world.
I am aiming for being more Little... oh what Joy... a little weight lost all the time = Little Joy! :)
Great thread, I chose my name for this site, and the mumsnet 5:2 threads with weightloss in mind. I'm apple-shaped, and have more fat then is healthy round my stomach and hips more so than elsewhere. This vaguely resembles a peplum frill on a dress. Peplums were pretty fashionable at the time, I thought it gave me a trendy vibe. Not so sure about that now.Before starting 5:2 my peplum of flab measured 41 inches, hence the number. It now measures 38, six months in.
My other internet name is mellowmagenta which is named after my lovely tortie cat. :smile: :smile: she is named after a character in the Rocky Horror Picture Show!
I'm a cyclist. I simply want to sprint, climb hills, and take turns ... faster. Lighter weight makes it easier to accelerate, move upward, and keep your wheels under you in a turn -- at high speeds.
I was looking for a really Mexican name and after thinking about Xoconostle, Xicontecatl, Quetzalcoatl, etc... I decided to simplify it with the fist part of Iztaccihuatl, and somehow an "l" made it there :razz:
I hope we see a lot more posts here as I admit to being very curious about many of the usernames.

Mine came from my Fitbit...the initial instructions said to pick a name your wanted it to call you. I just aded Go to my name to hopefully inspire me to get out there and get my steps in everyday..and I do love it when I hit 10,000 steps and it says, "GoLinda, you nailed it".

I started my Fitbit just a few days before I started 5:2 so they are almost synced together in my mind.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 Next
205 posts Page 3 of 14