The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

205 posts Page 5 of 14
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14 Next
My first name Sue the first 2 letters of my surname and then unfortunately the year of my birth 57. I like to pronounce it Swayla so that it sounds exotically Mexican, though I am totally unexotic.
I'm Peter Pans friend, or at least I wish I were. It was the first panto I saw and I have been in love with it ever since. I quite like the feisty fairy too but thought Wendy would be a better candidate for 5:2. Tink could possibly tell MM where to shove it when the going gets tough on a fast day whereas Wendy just copes serenely. Wonder what Freud would make of that!!
Hub always says to me, when I'm looking thoughtful.'Penny for them?'
Usually, my thoughts are worth a lot less than a penny, but Penny Forthem kinda stuck!

Really enjoyed how people arrived at their user names, some of which are very clever.
I'm a gamer and most people online know me as Puny (even though I'm not) so I have just stuck with it. My first character was a blood elf called Punyelf.
One of my favourite book and favourite film as well is Rebecca by Daphné du Maurier (and a 1940 Hitchcock movie). In this book, the principal character is the manor which is named Manderley.

So I have the name of a manor.... :grin:
Suela57 wrote: My first name Sue the first 2 letters of my surname and then unfortunately the year of my birth 57. I like to pronounce it Swayla so that it sounds exotically Mexican, though I am totally unexotic.

That would really be an exotic Mexican name! :wink:

Suela means sole :lol:
I'm Counting UFOs is my blog name (but with a Z at the end because the S wasn't available at the time), and they are some lyrics from a song I liked when I was 17 (and still do like now I'm 29). imcountingufoz is my online alias - if you ever come across that, it's likely me :)
Mine means Leila's mum in Arabic :)
I was boring enough to use my real name. But, now that I think of it, the official name on my birth certificate is Mary Elizabeth because my mother didn't think Mary Beth was a "real" name. (I was named for a Hollywood actress prominent in the late 30's/early 40's--giving away my age here quite cheerfully)

When OH and I married, we combined our surnames with a hyphen to indicate that our marriage was/is an equal partnership--that's when I shortened my first name to one word. We were quite trendy back in the 70's.
Sorry.... I'm just plain Lesley aged 54 (now aged 55).

Manderley, I too love the book and film Rebecca.
Garnet is from a ring that my grandmother gave me and I always wear 25 is the date of my birthday
My family always called me Beth Ann, although christened Elizabeth. My favorite cousin pronounced Beth Ann as Betoon, and the name stuck. My Dad always called me that, even though my cousin is now 53 and can pronounce my name!
No mystery behind mine unfortunately. They're 7 and 5 and most days drive me up the wall. Hope its a phase. :smile:
Mine is because my hubby always called me Koot (cute) bear! :oops:

He is my Fuzzy bear so yeah..... :oops: :grin: :oops:

Jamie is our little honey cub :smile:
Mine came from a discussion with a friend about how fed up I was with dieting. How I continually alternated being on some health and fitness quest ("FIT") with being a demoralized heap with zero interest in exercise or focusing on healthful habits ("FUNK")

And so Fitfunk was born... :confused:

Luckily with this plan, I feel much more zen and balanced about the whole thing, mainly because I'm not forever thinking about this or that food and its perceived impact 24/7. (Just 5:2 ha ha.)
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14 Next
205 posts Page 5 of 14