The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

176 posts Page 10 of 12
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
No bubbly for me, I can't drink champagne without getting violently sick, I'll put sparkling water in the orange juice :wink:
Oooh me please @rawkaren, I love the purple chocs too, the giant ones are even better. I'm still full from yesterday, I think I ate too many mince pies - but that won't stop me, I see there are plenty of Christmas goodies left and more to come.
Merry Christmas everyone!
image.jpg
Ooops I may need a hangover cure.
I hope @silverdarling is feeling better today.
I picked up all the veg at the farmers' market yesterday and was up early and everything is peeled and prepped; potatoes for roasting, carrots, cauliflower, parsnips and creamed leeks. Sprouts? I hear you all cry.... already done and have been boiling since end of January, with a good pinch of bicarb to keep them nice and green.... luuverly.... :victory:
Mmmmm, overcooked sprouts, can't beat 'em :smile:
Yes, please Bucks Fizz for me, any time of the day or night! Sweet potato as well as roasters are on the menu at camp, but no Danish style red cabbage unfortunately; I am quietly confident that soggy sprouts will be on the menu. I shall provide piccies!!
Do you think those sprouts will be ready by the time @Manderley's birds have finished roasting @Pennyforthem? :shock:
I loooooooove sprouts, with some bacon and apples :heart: Even if I like them they are festive vegs and I only eat them at Christmas, like foie gras :razz:

@rawkaren Do you have something like mulled wine/cider or eggnog with rum ? That would be great for those with a bit of a stomach/flu bugs :cool: :razz:
carorees wrote: Do you think those sprouts will be ready by the time @Manderley's birds have finished roasting @Pennyforthem? :shock:

I'll microwave them for the last hour, to ensure they're at just the right consistency, then :grin:
Manderley wrote: I loooooooove sprouts, with some bacon and apples :heart: Even if I like them they are festive vegs and I only eat them at Christmas, like foie gras :razz:

@rawkaren Do you have something like mulled wine/cider or eggnog with rum ? That would be great for those with a bit of a stomach/flu bugs :cool: :razz:

Eggnog sounds lovely and warming. A few festive spices added too ok?
as long as you add rum, I like every spice you could put in the eggnog :cool:
Oh, please save a LARGE strong one for me :cool: it's been a bit of mad weekend and I'm leaving for Lancashire in 20 mins. Might catch you on the train. I wonder if Virgin trains are serving champers. :wink:
How is the party going.. The US'ers must be ready for a big "last night".. whilst all the Aussies and soon the British will be dealing with hangovers.

Did everyone like the Christmas cakes I supplied. ?
I had the funniest coincidence today. Everyone here has been waxing eloquent about sweets they are having - or wish they were having - for the holidays, and mostly they are nothing I've even heard of. Today while waiting for a table at a restaurant, I wandered into a cute little kitchen shop. There were racks of imported goodies, and there they were! Quality Street, Cadbury Roses, Dairy Milk, and lots of other things that I have been hearing about for months on the forum. I did not buy. Am standing strong. I'll sample here at the virtual party. :smile:
Between you and me @Wendyjane, the memory is better than the taste! I was never a Cadbury fan so you aren't missing out too much if you like Lindt or some of the other better brands out there. Having said that, if someone sticks a tin of QS under my nose at this time of year who am I to refuse? :oops: .
Tasty cake JR, I also have a fruit cake here made by one of my colleagues which I am saving until the rest of the vultures have gone home!!
Well I like the purple ones - and the green ones (QS or Roses can't remember which! )
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
176 posts Page 10 of 12