The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

176 posts Page 7 of 12
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12 Next
I will bring my lemon slices for desert. I make them with lime juice rather than lemon and they taste fresh and summery for our hot Christmas here. I invite you all for a dip in the swimming pool too with a glass of bubbly. :smile: :wink:
Now you've got the idea Pariah!!! With my mulled wine sorbet and christmas pudding icecream we should have some lovely hot weather puds!!
Voting has now closed for cocktails. We will be having:
Finest champagne rose
G&T made with gin, anise tonic, apple-celery juice, spiced fennel salt rim, lemon ice and a sprig of fennel for a festive garnish.
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
We just need to figure out what wine to have with the meal. Suggestions please!
Sadly only drink white these days. So a good sancerre or chablis. But I know @Debs will have some ideas ...
Yay for the choices ! X
I love chablis too @SilverDarling or Pinot Noir or Sauvignon.
And Merlot! Chianti,or any soft red..hic! X
Is there an official RSVP list so we an get catering right?

im coming

it is this weekend isnt it?
Yes, this weekend! Can't wait!

We're relying on the Aussies to get the party started. What time will you be ready? I hope @rawkaren has her cocktails chilling in the fridge so you don't have to wait for her to get up to make them. @manderley had better get some of those birds in the oven now so they'll be ready!

I have done nothing to prepare but will attempt to ice the xmas cake in time for the end of the event.
Pariah wrote: I will bring my lemon slices for desert. I make them with lime juice rather than lemon and they taste fresh and summery for our hot Christmas here. I invite you all for a dip in the swimming pool too with a glass of bubbly. :smile: :wink:

Sorry you lot I'm going to @Pariahs. Xmas in a hot climate is different.....still nice.
Well, OH has started his Chrissy holidays now, so I am ready to party! Have already had second glass of wine.... Can't recall how long it is since I have had a second glass! But I am sure I could still manage a cocktail when they are ready. :)
Not sure what time we are supposed to start the forum party tho?? As I am on washing up, I don't suppose I have to do anything quite yet.
I was actually hoping that our party would be on Christmas Day (tho I appreciate the difficulty of that) cos I would have had a wonderful photo of washing up at mum's - with her Christmas dinners, if she can use 3 pans rather than 1 she will, and she doesn't have a dishwasher - it almost takes me longer to wash up than it takes to cook the dinner. We do have a English Christmas meal too, whatever the weather, not an Aussie one.
PS Its hard to believe that Christmas will be over for this year in a week...
Ssure, I am planning to kick off here in WA with an early Bucks Fizz about 6am when I get to work. Yes, me is working :cry: but I shall have a small brekky as I shall be saving myself for a festive muffin mid morning sith coffee. Lunch about 12pm, I'm thinking a nice seafood salad with some crisp reisling or maybe a glass of bubbly or three, and red wine sorbet for dessert.
Mid afternoon, a slice of Xmas cake with a mug or three of tea in preparation for Rawkaren's cocktail extravaganza and a sample of everyone's party dishes!!!
Well I've prepared a mountain of vegetables - sprouts, potatoes, parsnips etc. I've also made several veggie main course meals as I can't remember if anyone else has. I've been sneakily trying out some of the cocktails and I'm felling very merrey, hic. my Chiistmss hat keps fallin offf. Carnt wayt till paty strts. hic.
After last year I am more than ready ! Gooses, ducks and turkeys are going in the ovens (yes, I have 3 :grin: ), different stuffing are about to be made, some inside the birds and some outside and, as I fast the 24th, it will be no problem to serve the birds, whatever the time zone :wink:
Off to bed now. Left some drinks on ice for my antipodean friends. @Debs mind the bar for me and don't drink it all :lol:
I expect the party to be in full swing by the time I get up.
Who is handling the music?
Well, I think we should start with some Carols!

The "Best Christmas Songs 2014" https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b7K0k9KCcEI

Or more traditionally the Kings College Cambridge choir:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7HItFqKBAQE

Or from some Aussie Carols by Candlelight, here is the Halleluiah chorus https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G3DIsy6aZI0
@rawkaren
Bed? Don't think so :grin: you are on stage :wink:
http://www.elfyourself.com/?mId=63242457.3
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12 Next
176 posts Page 7 of 12