The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

126 posts Page 1 of 9
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 Next
Any Americans in the house?
16 Feb 2013, 03:06
Hubby (BruceE) and I are in upstate NY. We found this diet because we regularly read the Guardian newspaper online.

Anyone else?
Re: Any Americans in the house?
16 Feb 2013, 18:10
We're not American Tracie, but my wife (hippy_phippy) has relatives in the US. They call themselves her family of choice, they live in Wauconda, near Chicago and in Arizona.

After leaving school in the UK at 16 she went to stay in the US for a few years, went back to school and got her High school dip. She returned to the UK a few years after college.
16 Feb 2013, 19:44
Thanks! :-)

It's a shame my countrymen aren't more on board with this diet. I'm thinking it's rather awesome.
17 Feb 2013, 00:04
Hi Tracie, I'm not American but I'm in the US (married to one :). I agree, its pretty awesome. We should spread the word :)
18 Feb 2013, 21:09
Hiya :) I'm an American living in the UK. None of my friends back home have heard much about this. The cynic in me says it probably won't become big there until someone figures out how to market it- maybe an infomercial, and/or a line of foods marketed specifically for it.

Fingers crossed that it spreads around via word of mouth. ;) Should pick up from there.
19 Feb 2013, 02:27
I guess you're right about that -- without a marketing machine, how are Americans supposed to take this seriously?!?!?!

;-)
19 Feb 2013, 07:34
Not American but I lived in Los Angeles for 4 years, returning to the UK 1 1/2 years ago. The American friends I have told about this diet have met it with complete disbelief and have been warning me I might collapse :). It will catch on there eventually, I think, but you are right about the marketing machine.
19 Feb 2013, 14:30
Hi I'm not American but I love the word...awesome !
19 Feb 2013, 14:48
LOL we do tend to overuse it a bit, huh?
19 Feb 2013, 16:46
I'm American!! Live in New England. And have all my life.
19 Feb 2013, 17:48
hah Bee keep on bein' awesome! :D

Funny, I think "amaaaazing" took over from awesome for a while, I feel a bit old fashioned saying awesome now. Up there with things being 'cool'. Are things still cool? I don't know. Crap I'm old. :)

Tracie I have family friends up in Saratoga Springs (note I still say "up in", as if you're anywhere above my current location, in the middle of England!) They love it there. I hope to visit someday.

Smartin- My mum lives in RI! Love NE, spent all my summers there when I was little, with my grandparents..
19 Feb 2013, 19:04
I can get a little down on the US sometimes, but I have to say I think my little Saratoga Springs is fantastic. It's a little American homage to the city of Bath, imho, only spread out like you'd imagine an American city to be. We do have hot springs and lots of georgian architecture, but alas no medieval cathedrals. ;-)

And at 46, I'm way past knowing what's cool. My 12 year old does say "sick!" a lot when he's trying to express that he likes something.
19 Feb 2013, 22:07
American born and raised here in Pennsylvania :)
20 Feb 2013, 07:37
I refuse to use the word awesome as it can only be done justice when said in an American accent and sounds silly coming from my mouth :)
25 Feb 2013, 12:51
Yay Dxtra30!

Louise - that's hilarious :-) I never thought about that.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 Next
126 posts Page 1 of 9