The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

126 posts Page 3 of 9
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 Next
Re: Any Americans in the house?
06 Mar 2013, 01:32
From Texas. My wife is a relentless knitter, too.
06 Mar 2013, 02:04
Hi Dbrady! Hi Garyd! Welcome!

That's the key for me - I just have to get through *today*. Usually that's just about three to four hours of willpower exercised per fast day - about six to eight hours per week! I can actually do that :-D I often don't get hungry until about 2 or 3pm (about when my son gets home from school and wants a snack :-P ) Then we eat at about six and I'm good all evening.
06 Mar 2013, 07:28
tompan wrote: I know I must be an American since I have no idea what all these stones are that other people are talking about! Still trying to figure out the metric system. Sun has fried my brain so I'm counting on IF to generate/repair some neurons! :cool:

:lol:
1 stone = 14 pounds
1 kg = 2.2 pounds
06 Mar 2013, 09:43
Welcome Dbrady, don't worry we have just the same problems here in good old UK and need it just as much. I am four weeks down the line and have lost a average pound a week. I eat well on feast days but don't go mad. I have found it very easy and actually look forward to fast days now. Good luck, three weeks will soon go.
Maybug77
06 Mar 2013, 12:32
OMG how'd I miss that hilarious post from Tompan? LOL Welcome!

Yes, google is your friend when trying to translate English from another country. Just wait until you attempt to make your first recipe from an English site, and you realize how intriguing the conversion are LOL!
06 Mar 2013, 12:38
Would somebody please tell me if there is anyone I can say "YEE-HAW" too ? I soooo want to :)
06 Mar 2013, 13:07
Born in raised in Rhode Island, but living in Philadelphia for a long time now. I've spent some time in the UK, enough to have acquired a taste for Scotch eggs and Marmite, not together. And of course I really acquired a taste for fine British ales, which probably has something to do with why I'm in this forum in the first place.
06 Mar 2013, 13:32
Welcome Ubizmo!!

LOL Bee -- feel free to say it to me. I'll laugh with you, not at you ;-)
06 Mar 2013, 14:15
Bee wrote: Would somebody please tell me if there is anyone I can say "YEE-HAW" too ? I soooo want to :)

:lol: :lol: Let's all say it! YEE-HAW!
06 Mar 2013, 14:19
Hi Everybody!

I am 69 years old and live in Tulsa,Oklahoma USA

Had my first fast day yesterday and everything is fine so far,hope to lose 30-40 pounds and to get rid of my persistent stomach fat!

Fred
06 Mar 2013, 20:36
Welcome Fred! Oh my, every time I hear Oklahoma, the first thing that springs to mind is the roommate I had from Oklahoma who made what she called "Okie Ham" with redeye gravy. It was genius.
09 Mar 2013, 20:41
Hi, we live in Orange County, California, quite near to Disneyland. Been in the States for 30 years approx, originally from London - Eltham SE9 to be exact.

So happy to see this new British Invasion - the 5:2 diet - just started - yesterday was my first fast day and it went quite well. I'm hoping it gets better with time.

Get back to the U.K. every couple of years and still feel quite English when I am there - although everyone there thinks I have an American accent!!!! Everyone here can immediately tell I am English !!!
10 Mar 2013, 18:59
LOL that's awesome - best of both worlds?
10 Mar 2013, 19:34
I am American and today is day one for me. A friend of mine saw the info on ABC Nightline and I started to look up info about it. I am very excited to try this. I am fasting today.
10 Mar 2013, 19:35
So glad you found us :-)
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 Next
126 posts Page 3 of 9