The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

638 posts Page 33 of 43
Previous 1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 43 Next
Pleased you are so happy@janeg
Which area are you returning to?
Thanks @Merlin Home to west central Scotland :grin:
Best of luck to you @janeg, if you're happy I'm happy.
Ta muchley @carieoates enjoying spreading the happiness :lol:
Great news janeg! x
Great news @janeg!
I was doing a bit of sorting out and came across some old dressmaking patterns from the early 1980s. I was interested to note the size guide.

Size 14 was bust 36, waist 28, hips 38 inches

Today, those measurements are a size 10 in most shops!!

I was a size 14 in the 1980s and size 10 now. Glad to know I'm back where I started! But goodness me what a change in dress sizing over the last 35 years!
Are you sure that's right Caroline @Carorees only I've always bean a 14 (can't seem to get down to 12 but refuse to go up to 16) and I certainly don't have a size 28 waist! I guess it depends where you shop. I'm a Next girl myself
@janeg I'm so pleased for you. You must be so excited. And what a great time to "come home"...Spring time!
thanks to everyone wishing us well for coming home. Feeling the love !
I imagine the measurements for size 14 are about right. I was always a size 14, but had a very slim waist , and remember waistbands being absouutely enormous. I needed a size 14 for the hips and bust. I'm now between a size 10 and 12, but have a much larger waist measurement than in the old days. My bust is just a tad smaller than then.
Good to hear janeg! Whilst I may be heading to a sandpit in the opposite direction! Maybe. Haven't finally made a decision yet, and things do move very slowly over there.
At least you will be going from a scorching summer to a more gentle Scottish one!
That's great news @Janeg, fingers crossed all goes well for your move :0)
https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?fea ... bHfr48#t=0
This is ONLY 43 seconds long but the last few seconds WILL make you laugh out loud :lol: xx
nursebean wrote: Are you sure that's right Caroline @Carorees only I've always bean a 14 (can't seem to get down to 12 but refuse to go up to 16) and I certainly don't have a size 28 waist! I guess it depends where you shop. I'm a Next girl myself
@janeg I'm so pleased for you. You must be so excited. And what a great time to "come home"...Spring time!

Yes the pattern was bought in 1981 and was a size 14. These are the measurements quoted on the back:
Same vanity sizing in sewing patterns going on here in the US @carorees. My measurements today make me a size 12 (US) but the same measurements on patterns from the 80's make me a size 14. I've been shopping for retro trouser patterns to make some exercise and casual trousers that come all the way up to the waist--can't abide the current styles. The below-the-waist style has been around so long now that my preference has become extremely rare in resale shops, so I must make my own. :frown:
Previous 1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 43 Next
638 posts Page 33 of 43