The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

638 posts Page 42 of 43
Previous 1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 Next
@Azureblue Oh my.... I hope everything is resolve soon :clover:

@Callanthe I am a bit of a control freak and like to go to the tattoo shop "prepared". For my 2 other tattoos I went with exactly what I wanted and I am still happy about them more than 10 years later, I want the same thing for this one :smile: It's not that complicated, I want a M, a H and 6097 and a font which could be like a tribal thing. I have a clear image in my head difficult to explain. I will have a good look at the link you gave me, thanks !
@Manderley I understand, I'm the same. I have two tattoos, the first is the exact image I brought to the shop. It is about 8 years old and will be adjusted in a few weeks for the different style (from tribal to something more colourful). And the second is fresh from this year, watercolour style bird - I brought the image and we adjusted it directly in the shop and it went fantastic.
@wendyjane, I thing that website which @Wineoclock found by google is suspect. It mentioned discredited right wing historian, Keith Windshuttle, who is known in Australia as someone who tries to deny the attempted genocide of Aborigines. I have never heard Sally Morgan's story disputed before, and, as I said, it is a respected book, studied in schools. There were a lot of sexual relations in remote Western Australian cattle stations between white and black which some people would like to deny. Nevertheless, it happened. You can imagine the power relations in such unions!
@Sallyo that's just proves I should read things properly :frown: . I just thought I was posting a reference to another book about the subject. I will now have to get the first book and read it. Thanks for sorting that out. :grin:
Continuing news:
the car broke down for the third time yesterday and was towed back to the garage for further investigation and head scratching. Really lost confidence in it now :0(
Our new boiler will be started on its 3 day fix on September 1st :0)
My weight spiralling up like an untamed beast :0(
OH diagnosed with a very under active thyroid and thyroxine started, so that will hopefully solve a lot of his symptoms from the last year or two :0)
August has proved to be a very taxing month.
Roll on September :clover:
Only a week to go before rotten ole August is over AB @azureblue! hope September will be better..at least from 3rd Sept when boiler will be fixed. Sending some hugs ((((((())))))))) hang on in there! XXX
Oh, @Azureblue, what a tiresome month you're having - but some good news in there with the identification of the cause of your husbands symptoms. Hopefully, his new medication will bring about a successful resolution.
The car thing is a real nuisance, especially when the garage can't even put a finger on the cause of the problem. Have you had the car long?
At least the month is nearly over and with the installation of your new boiler you'll be ready to face the autumn chill and get rid of those few pesky pounds! Meanwhile, chin up and carry on, carrying on! :smile:
Thank you for your kind words my dears :0)
Our car is 7 years old though we have had it for 4, and is a proper conundrum. Having spent money on it we feel we should plough on with it but confidence is low. We await the garage's phone call :0@
On the plus side I'm doing much more walking and even OH has joined in since yesterday, I'm taking that as a positive sign that his new tablets working :0)
Onwards, onward rode the 500!
@Azureblue perhaps the car was a Friday model :wink: well they do say .... I think my fridge/freezer is one :shock:
Pop into the walking tent with OH .... it's in need of some love. x
@Lizbean, where has your avatar gone? It was here earlier! I do enjoy your little waving person! :smile:
@StowgateResident strange, possibly past sell by date? I can see me .... though Peony seemed to be missing her crown yesterday ... possible blip mo.
@Lizbean, it came back later in the early evening - very mysterious! Pleased to see it back! :grin:
Lizbean wrote: @StowgateResident strange, possibly past sell by date? I can see me .... though Peony seemed to be missing her crown yesterday ... possible blip mo.

Hmm...you're right...where's the little blighter gone? Shows what happens when a person posts far too intermittently! Ah well, I'm bored of trying to recover from a vertigo-inducing virus...it'll give me something to work on that doesn't require sitting upright.

Update: He's back! Woot! Had to renew the link...took me forever to find the little chap again! :victory:
I'm glad he'sback @peonyblue...he's a little cutiepie!
Hehe! My friend went into a shop yesterday and addressed a question to a cardboard cutout!
Another friend said she once approached a dummy dressed in a suit and asked it what floor the menswear was on!
We are all going loopy! X.....Image
*whispers hesitantly*
The car has been back a week and worked every day!
The new boiler started a week ago and we are toasty warm!
OH seemed a little more himself yesterday!

I like September :smile:

My weight 76.0 kgs
*blows raspberry*
Previous 1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 Next
638 posts Page 42 of 43