The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

45 posts Page 3 of 3
Re: FitBit Chat for December
16 Dec 2013, 19:26
I'm still bobbing about at number 28, but I had to go to the 'old' forum to find it.
16 Dec 2013, 19:32
SianS wrote: Oh Caroline the boob blister - I don't have one (yet) but I must say I find the One less comfortable to wear than my Zip. Does anyone have any ways to make it more comfortable?

Don't worry it'll soon be ok. :confused:
16 Dec 2013, 19:45
I don't wear my on my bra, it showed through my clothes, so I just wear it clipped in my front pocket or on my waistband if no pockets.
18 Dec 2013, 06:46
I wear my One on the bra, front and center (between the girls) and facing so the display is on the inside of my bra. I do it that way so the bulkiest part is in the cleavage and the flat part of the clip is facing out toward my shirt. It doesn't show through and there isn't any bump or bulge.
18 Dec 2013, 06:59
I didn't realise the fitbit added a lot of steps when you drive...is it that important as I live in the countryside and do quite a lot of driving. I do quite a lot of walking and running too, but am concerned that the driving is adding a lot of extra steps.
Good luck with your half marathon Go linda! I'm hoping to do my first in March 2014. at the moment I'm doing 10k races in around 46 mins so would be very hoping to do a semi in under 1 hour 45 mins.
18 Dec 2013, 14:22
I only record my driving when it's more than 15 mins since local driving doesn't really involve many elevation changes. When I drive round trip to my mom's (2+ hours) the fitbit will record a few thousand steps and as many as 43 floors.
31 Dec 2013, 05:25
Dear Fitbit:

I'm sorry December offerings have been so meager. I blame the weather...and on those few sunny days, I blame the busy season. While I hope January feedings will be more plentiful, know that I still think of you often and yearn for our long walks again.

Hope to see more Fitbit chat in 2014! I may have to resort to indoor walking on the treadmill, ugh!
31 Dec 2013, 07:17
Well said GoLinda, I got my weekly report this morning and every measure is down on last week. So the first of my resolutions is to feed my Fitbit more and my face less.
Happy New Year :smile:
31 Dec 2013, 12:02
I was interested to see @Betsysgr8 reporting that Fitbit recorded steps and floors when driving. I've just checked back on some days when we've done long drives, and my One doesn't do this. I wear it on my bra, but it didn't record when on my hip either, or the time it travelled by accident in a suitcase.
I don't know if it makes a difference, but wondered if your sleep setting was set to sensitive, and if that made a difference perhaps?
I know I would find Fitbit alot less useful if it recorded during car travel, and wonder if it is worth reporting back to the makers to see what they say.
:cry: I've just worked out I need to do 29501 steps today if I am to average my target of 10000 during December. :cry: I don't think it's going to happen...
01 Jan 2014, 08:41
In a highly symbolic move, my first act of 2014 (at 1 AM) was to order a fitbit one. It should arrive on Saturday, and then "all" I need to do is to figure out how to use it and how to join your group. @Umleila, I saw a reference in this thread to you having started the group. What do I do to play with you all? :smile:
01 Jan 2014, 08:48
Good morning Wendyjane...what are we both doing up at this hour? I hope you love your
FitBit as much as I do! I started 5:2 about the same time as I started feeding my FitBit.

You just have to send your email address to any of us on the group and we can send you an invite from the FitBit Group site. Just holler if you have any questions!

Best of Luck...and I guess I should start the January Chat.
01 Jan 2014, 08:59
Thanks, Linda!
Now I'll go to bed. Was kind of waiting for the young uns to get back from their evening out. All we did was watch the ball drop on TV. Snooze....
01 Jan 2014, 18:59
Hi Wendyjane it's a good job you tagged me as I've not been coming on the forum as much as before. I usually just check in to update my stats now.

Anyway congrats on your new fitbit. If you send me or anyone else in the group a pm with your email, we can join you up.

I notice for the first time ever I'm number two on the group but I put that down to me being teetotal and not celebrating Christmas while everyone else is, but I'll take it anyway :)

A belated merry Christmas to everyone and best wishes for the new year xxx
01 Jan 2014, 22:59
Woohoo well done Umleila! I can't see the modernised due to internet issues, but clocked up a new record of 30,000 steps yesterday. Benefit of an early night instead of a party on NYE :)
Wendyjane, great impulse buy, I am still so in love with my flex months later.
01 Jan 2014, 23:56
Well done wendyjane for buying a fitbit. I boight one for my hubs for Xmas and the fight/competition has begun, god help him when I get back to normal. In excess of 12k steps a day that'll shut him up.
45 posts Page 3 of 3