The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

53 posts Page 4 of 4
Had a message to say that my Surge has been shipped. Think you will get yours before I get mine @Carieoates as it can take 5-7 days to ship something across the US.
My walking buddy has a sore paw, so she's only been getting one (short) walk a day. Neither of us are very impressed with that :bugeyes: Happily it's getting better, so I think it's back to two walks again today. I have walked a bit without her, but have to sneak out, and it's also not nearly as enjoyable.
rawkaren wrote: Had a message to say that my Surge has been shipped. Think you will get yours before I get mine @Carieoates as it can take 5-7 days to ship something across the US.

I was getting a bit impatient Karen. But....
I am at work and my surge has been delivered to my house. It's in my greenhouse apparently.
Needless to say I will be back to show you all later.
image.jpg
Surge day 1
Best thing I ever did was joining this forum, thanks to @GoLinda and @SianS I bought my first fitbit back in August 2013. Now look at me go
My first full day with fitbit surge, work, exercise class. Only probs is a I had to charge it early Eve.
cool! how does the calorie thing work? does it interface with something like MFP or do you log cals on the fitbit?
carieoates wrote:
image.jpg
Best thing I ever did was joining this forum, thanks to @GoLinda and @SianS I bought my first fitbit back in August 2013. Now look at me go
My first full day with fitbit surge, work, exercise class. Only probs is a I had to charge it early Eve.

You may have to change your name to GoCarioates :victory:

Keep us informed on how you like the surge. They don't sell the one any longer and I will have to buy something to keep me motivated. It will be interesting to know how often you have to charge it as well.
My Surge has arrived! My first activity will be sleeping :lol: as it is still charging up. I will also set the silent alarm. The text messages/alerts that come through on the watch are great as it will save me from looking at my phone in meetings. :oops:
Looks like I have a whole new community and way of exercising to learn!
@Maryann, you can upload cals using MFP which I prefer as it has most of my regular meals, and recipes on. You can also upload using the fitbit app as it has a list of foods and a bar code reader now which I hadn't spotted before. I get more active mins with the surge it obviously gets to know your heart rate and decides when you're moving more,
The text notification was fun to get to know, it stores them (I don't know how long and how many yet) and even tells you when a text you've sent hasn't gone through. It disappears off the screen if you look at the phone though so then you have to get them back via settings, I love the silent alarm, but had been using that on my flex . It did irritate my wrist at first but now it's fine, and it gets caught up on my tight sleeved tops as its square.
So far I love it and am hoping you can buy different straps eventually. There are visible screws on each side so maybe......
Have fun @rawkaren, pm me your email address and I will add you to our group on the fitbit site. Don't forget it's invite only so don't look at any others on there with 5.2 in their title it isn't us.
53 posts Page 4 of 4