The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

53 posts Page 3 of 4
So fun to get my fitbit yearly summary today! I got the fitbit on Jan 1, 2014, so the summary is almost exactly my first year with it. I think I didn't set it up till the 4th, so no wonder Jan 3 was my lowest step day - it was probably 0 steps. :smile:
Well, I'm posting it just cause I'm proud, even though some of you will have millions more steps than me.
wendyjane wrote: So fun to get my fitbit yearly summary today! I got the fitbit on Jan 1, 2014, so the summary is almost exactly my first year with it. I think I didn't set it up till the 4th, so no wonder Jan 3 was my lowest step day - it was probably 0 steps. :smile:
Well, I'm posting it just cause I'm proud, even though some of you will have millions more steps than me.

Wow what a year you have had aswell. Running wise, you've done better than me, but this year I'm getting back to it. I'm determined that's for sure.
Fitbit alert!
In last night's Horizon program who else spotted the couple who ran the B&B wearing a Flex? :smile:
SianS wrote: Fitbit alert!
In last night's Horizon program who else spotted the couple who ran the B&B wearing a Flex? :smile:

Missed it. See several celebs with them nowadays too.
carieoates wrote: I've just ordered the fitbit Surge. Yippee. Have also sold my flex plus the pack of additional straps I have.

I too have been inspired to order Fitbit Surge and finally join this community! They had the large wrist size ones in Target, but nothing in small. It's on back order here - 3 weeks approx.
I still use my Jawbone but its a bit of a pain that you don't know how you are doing unless you plug it into your phone, so time for an upgrade.
rawkaren wrote:
carieoates wrote: I've just ordered the fitbit Surge. Yippee. Have also sold my flex plus the pack of additional straps I have.

I too have been inspired to order Fitbit Surge and finally join this community! They had the large wrist size ones in Target, but nothing in small. It's on back order here - 3 weeks approx.
I still use my Jawbone but its a bit of a pain that you don't know how you are doing unless you plug it into your phone, so time for an upgrade.

Yes yes yes
Can't wait to welcome you to the extended family Karen. Also can't wait for mine to drop through my letter box. No doubt yours will get to you first in U.S., and im dissapointed with the lack of colours as love the purple. But black will go with everything.
I might be joining you guys in fit bit land soon. I read about the new fit bits with a heart rate monitor that will be coming out soon, and I am quite curious. I have been wanting a heart rate monitor for a while, and now with all of my injuries I think it will be a good idea to track my number of steps.

P. S. It's the Charge HR I'm interested in.
Well I'm joining you all too. Got my frequent flyer email today wth Fitbit sale on, so bought flex with points and A$27 (about £12), as I rarely use those points, I'm most pleased. I'm actually most interested in the sleep function as I have had bad insomnia for the last few years. Though since returning from UK I have slept like a log most nights (usually with magnesium). Anyway I love a toy, so be fun to get it in the post soon. Then I have to learn to use it :-)
MaryAnn wrote: I might be joining you guys in fit bit land soon. I read about the new fit bits with a heart rate monitor that will be coming out soon, and I am quite curious. I have been wanting a heart rate monitor for a while, and now with all of my injuries I think it will be a good idea to track my number of steps.

P. S. It's the Charge HR I'm interested in.

I was going for that one then saw that the surge does text and caller id so I can check my watch when my phone rings to see if I want to answer it. My mum says I could say beam me up Scott into it,
Just let one of us current member know your email address when you get it and we can add you to our closed group. Don't search for us on there as it's not us, we're invite only.

Yay the family is growing again.
Let us know how you get on with the Surge those of you who are going for it! I'm quite happy with my One for the time being - if I invest in anything else it will probably be in another GPS watch which measures heart rate on the wrist instead of having to use a band around your chest (which always falls down with me and is a PITA).
If you change your Fitbit for a different model, do you keep all your historical data? I've never really looked at it before but have done 8076 kms since getting my One in June 2013. I'm on my Africa badge at the moment.
I still can't understand why people don't wear them - they really are great motivators for getting and keeping you moving.
Just looked at my year in review, and I averaged over 10kms a day, and walked 5.43 million steps. Wow! That's a lot of walking. It's been so therapeutic, my Mum died in January, and so many of those kms were done with tears streaming down my cheeks. Much better than alcohol to help the grief :wink:
KataMac wrote: Just looked at my year in review, and I averaged over 10kms a day, and walked 5.43 million steps. Wow! That's a lot of walking. It's been so therapeutic, my Mum died in January, and so many of those kms were done with tears streaming down my cheeks. Much better than alcohol to help the grief :wink:

Bless you Katamac
Ooh you guys are doing so well! I'm so close to actually getting a Fitbit now! Just not sure of the model because I'm a bit flummoxed by the choice!
Golarne wrote: Ooh you guys are doing so well! I'm so close to actually getting a Fitbit now! Just not sure of the model because I'm a bit flummoxed by the choice!

Ok how much money do you want to spend?
Do you want to monitor your heart rate, do you mind it being on your wrist?
Do you want to have it clipped to your clothing?
Do you want to see the step count in the fitbit?
Do you wear a watch?
Have you got a smart phone to load app onto? If not they give you a dongle for your PC?
Don't worry we will sort you out.

I am not coping very well having to wait for my surge.
I've had a one and a flex. Maybe start with a one or zip except zip needs a battery the others you charge via a USB.
Surge is now in the UK and will be with me this week.
Excited is not a big enough word for me at this moment.
53 posts Page 3 of 4