The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

50 posts Page 2 of 4
Re: FITBIT CHAT FOR October
06 Oct 2014, 15:54
Welcome to @skippy! I've dropped off on the "active minutes" due to having visitors and only managing slow walks, but I've tried to keep going. I hope you get on well with your zip, I find it's like having a nag in your pocket, spurring you on to do a bit more ! Excellent motivation.
07 Oct 2014, 06:50
@juliebulie10
I am in the same boat as @Annurca
My fit bit makes me move more. It motivates me. Since buying it in August, I have lost weight at a faster pace than I ever had previously. I want to buzz everyday and I will move until I do. My main goal is set to "calories burned" which works well for me.
My advice is "Buy, move, enjoy and love the results!"
Kelly
07 Oct 2014, 18:28
You all make me feel very lazy! I am enjoying my Fitbit and do get a sense of achievement on days when I hit my 10,000 steps but that is not very often to be honest. I don't mind walking and if I have any errands to run in town I always walk instead of taking the car and often go "the long way round". I just find it difficult to get the steps in if I have nowhere to go /no reason to go for a walk. I really need a dog but the 9 cats would not approve!
07 Oct 2014, 23:50
:grin: @madcatlady no, I don't think the cats would approve - I suspect the dog would be run out of town pretty quickly. But a dog definitely helps - 2 dog walks a day, and that's my 10,000 steps already.
08 Oct 2014, 06:53
Hi ladies,
I am defo a 'tracking/reward' type of girl!! So looking forward to getting my flex. I had it delivered to my mum in the UK and so then I'm waiting for it to arrive to me in KSA :)

Do you need my email address to be able to add me to the 'fastday fit bit leaderboard'? I'm guessing I need to register my account in fit bit first....... Is it quite easy to set up?

Bye for now xx
08 Oct 2014, 07:00
I'm on holiday in Jordan at the moment and the day we walked round Petra I clocked up 18,100 steps!! That is on the 'pedometer' that is inbuilt in my phone which was in my handbag all day so was thrilled to see this, although my calves were killing for about 2 days after this!!
This is the reason why I want a pedomoeter I can wear as during a regular day, I don't have my phone with me all the time so I usually don't even bother looking at the results on my phone day to day as its not a true count of my steps!

X
08 Oct 2014, 08:24
@skippy pm me your email adress and I will add you.
Make sure you follow the email link and not look for us on the site as there are others and ours is an invite/closed group only.
Looks like we may have our 60th member everyone.

:victory: :victory: :victory:[/quote]
Please could you add me too? I will pm you as well
Mousie
08 Oct 2014, 11:30
juliebulie10 wrote: Hi ladies,
I am defo a 'tracking/reward' type of girl!! So looking forward to getting my flex. I had it delivered to my mum in the UK and so then I'm waiting for it to arrive to me in KSA :)

Do you need my email address to be able to add me to the 'fastday fit bit leaderboard'? I'm guessing I need to register my account in fit bit first....... Is it quite easy to set up?

Bye for now xx

Pm me your email add. And I can add you.
14 Oct 2014, 19:39
Hello,

So, I'm still waiting for my fitbit to arrive in the post... but in the meantime, I have downloaded the app and have been getting used to logging my foods and water etc..... I'm going to have to ask you guys for some help understanding the numbers though I think??!

I''m about to go to bed after a food day, I have logged all my food (even the '0' for black coffees) and I've had 1,243 calories, I am 'in the zone' (green), burned 1,443 calories (guesstimate) had 3,036lms water but yet it STILL says I'm 179 calories over target???? How can I be both 'in the zone' yet have eaten too many calories??... i have it set so that my aim is to lose 1.5lbs a week....

Thanks for any help :) hope the flex arrives soooonn!

JB x
15 Oct 2014, 11:56
juliebulie10 wrote: Hello,

So, I'm still waiting for my fitbit to arrive in the post... but in the meantime, I have downloaded the app and have been getting used to logging my foods and water etc..... I'm going to have to ask you guys for some help understanding the numbers though I think??!

I''m about to go to bed after a food day, I have logged all my food (even the '0' for black coffees) and I've had 1,243 calories, I am 'in the zone' (green), burned 1,443 calories (guesstimate) had 3,036lms water but yet it STILL says I'm 179 calories over target???? How can I be both 'in the zone' yet have eaten too many calories??... i have it set so that my aim is to lose 1.5lbs a week....

Thanks for any help :) hope the flex arrives soooonn!

JB x

Hello
I personally log everything on MFP which syncs with my fitbit.
15 Oct 2014, 19:12
Hi Caroline,

thanks for that - I've installed MFP (again!!) and will track stuff on MFP instead then as that then transfers to fitbit doesn't it?...... wowzer... nothing is straight forward is it?!?!

Thanks again,
JB x
16 Oct 2014, 17:52
I went out this morning without my Fitbit, realised I didn't have it, came back, got stuck into some serious gardening and only remembered the Fitbit when I was much too mucky to go and get it.
Half a day's data lost, why does that bother me so much? :bugeyes: :bugeyes:
17 Oct 2014, 10:46
image.jpg
MFP graph.
SianS wrote: I went out this morning without my Fitbit, realised I didn't have it, came back, got stuck into some serious gardening and only remembered the Fitbit when I was much too mucky to go and get it.
Half a day's data lost, why does that bother me so much? :bugeyes: :bugeyes:

I would be bothered too Sian.

So how are the fitbit gang doing this month. More new members ......yay.

IMPORTANT.......for MFP users...
I've just discovered that when logging my food on my fitness pal it's now syncing it with fitbit giving a lovely graph, for those who like graphs and numbers here's mine.

I have been very successful the past three weeks and I put it down to meticulous food logging, sorry for those who thought that IFing meant no cal counting but I am proof that it can slip too easily in the wrong direction.
17 Oct 2014, 10:59
I love my fitbit to bits and each week I'm trying to improve on my previous week's steps but had a scary experience this week. I sleep in a really weird position, flat on my stomach with my arms above my head and my elbows out to the side and to my horror woke on Wednesday this week with a massive black eye! My eyelid was a horrible deep purple and I could see that a tiny blood vessel had burst in the middle of my lid. I was in no pain, had no headache or other symptoms but thought it best to get it checked out so took myself off to the medical drop in centre where they decided that somehow during my sleep I must have lain on my fitbit causing the burst blood vessel and bruising! Pleased to say that two days later the bruising is beginning to fade but still glad it's a lovely sunny day so I can wear my sunglasses when I go out!
17 Oct 2014, 16:25
Ooh @callyanna. That's so funny. Put a smile on my face that's for sure. Black eye caused by fitbit. That's gotta be a first.
I was thinking about upping my goal to 13k steps a day. Recently I've been hitting 12k before going to my exercise classes on my work days. Wil, wait till after half term I think. Unless I do some running during the hols that is.
50 posts Page 2 of 4