The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

50 posts Page 3 of 4
Re: FITBIT CHAT FOR October
17 Oct 2014, 16:36
It could just have been a coincidence of course but as I went to bed without a mark on me and hubs assured me he didn't whack me in the eye during the night it seems like a logical explanation. Anyway, I'm now taking my fitbit off at bedtime as I'm not particularly bothered about having my sleep patterns monitored.
Pity it didn't wait to happen for a few weeks as I'd have looked a suitably scary sight for Halloween!
18 Oct 2014, 13:12
Hello,

I hope your eye is back to full health now!? :$

I can't believe you are easily acheiving 12000 steps! I will be so short of 10000 I'm sure when my fitbit actually arrives!! eeeekkk!!
You must have a different app to me as I don't get a calorie graph in fitbit after logging food in MFP?... I love a good graph!! ;) LOL

jb x
18 Oct 2014, 22:09
juliebulie10 wrote: Hello,

I hope your eye is back to full health now!? :$

I can't believe you are easily acheiving 12000 steps! I will be so short of 10000 I'm sure when my fitbit actually arrives!! eeeekkk!!
You must have a different app to me as I don't get a calorie graph in fitbit after logging food in MFP?... I love a good graph!! ;) LOL

jb x

Have you allowed the two to sync Julie? Hit the calories eaten and calories left on your dashboard. (On my phone app)
20 Oct 2014, 09:25
Hhhhmm,.... I have tried that Caroline, and I do get a graph, but not the nice bar chart graph in your picture... I have a samsung galaxy S5, perehaps its the difference depending what phone you have apple/android I'm guessing?.... never mind, its not the end of the world!! :)
I just want my fitbit to arrive!! x
21 Oct 2014, 12:26
I liked the look of @carieoates's graph as well, having just started logging on MFP again for the first time in ages. I can confirm that the Android app doesn't display in the same way, but it does on my iPad.
21 Oct 2014, 14:50
SianS wrote: I liked the look of @carieoates's graph as well, having just started logging on MFP again for the first time in ages. I can confirm that the Android app doesn't display in the same way, but it does on my iPad.

There you go Julie @Juliebulie10, we have the answer. So Sian @SianS, have you found that the logging is helping. I'm amazed sometimes now little I eat and visa versa.
21 Oct 2014, 15:16
Logging food certainly helped me when I started off on 5:2 and then again when I got stuck in at the start of 2014. I just checked back and I stopped logging food at the end of March, which marks the point at which my Tracker starts going upwards (funny that!). For me it really is about being aware of what you're eating, and taking responsibility for it.
On a positive note the MFP app seems a lot more user-friendly now, so I'll be able to log from my phone or my iPad as well.

Edit - so much for user-friendliness, I can't see how to look up calorie values of foods on the mobile app, is it just me?
21 Oct 2014, 17:46
I just found a glitch if you sync Fitbit and Map My Walk - it reduces your Very Active Minutes!
We had a brisk walk between showers this afternoon and I was delighted that my phone showed I had 70 Very Active Minutes. After a bit of techie faffing about, I managed to sync Fitbit, MFP and Map My Walk. Great, but it knocked my Very Active Minutes down to 6 for today. When I looked at the leaderboard my VAM for October were an average of 11 mins in 35th place. I have since un-synced Map My Walk and my VAM for October are up at 41 mins average.
No more fiddling about for me!
21 Oct 2014, 19:08
SianS wrote: Logging food certainly helped me when I started off on 5:2 and then again when I got stuck in at the start of 2014. I just checked back and I stopped logging food at the end of March, which marks the point at which my Tracker starts going upwards (funny that!). For me it really is about being aware of what you're eating, and taking responsibility for it.
On a positive note the MFP app seems a lot more user-friendly now, so I'll be able to log from my phone or my iPad as well.

Edit - so much for user-friendliness, I can't see how to look up calorie values of foods on the mobile app, is it just me?

Don't you just hate it when that happens.
Big + at the bottom. On mine
21 Oct 2014, 22:12
I was averaging 11000 steps in July and August when it was warm and dry, but now with the change of weather, my step count is declining. It was horrible weather yesterday and I hit an all time low (excluding illness) yesterday of 2053! I know the answer is to get a dog, but that isn't possible. I already have good outdoor gear, I just need to get it into my head that I go out whatever the weather! Or move to warmer climes...
22 Oct 2014, 07:52
@Annurca sometimes it is much nicer when you get outside than it looks from the inside. I read a funny article about a website called Borrow My Doggy, I haven't looked into it as I'm allergic to dogs but it might be of interest. :smile:
22 Oct 2014, 08:00
@SianS I know you are right! Once you are out in the weather, being battered around by wind and rain can be quite exhilerating. I just need to get out in it! Maybe set a time rather than waiting for a window in the weather that isn't going to come.
The Borrow my Doggy idea is interesting...
22 Oct 2014, 10:51
:bugeyes:
I might as well tell you all.......
I'm almost certainly entering the cambridge half marathon sunday 8th March 2015 :bugeyes:
22 Oct 2014, 22:46
Caroline, @carieoates, you do love a challenge don't you! Well done for setting your sights so high! :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
The rest of us will never get our steps anywhere near yours with all the training that you will be doing! I think I've done well if I manage over 5000 a day and sometimes it's not even that much! :shame: Well, anything is better than nothing, right? :frown:
23 Oct 2014, 09:55
YEY!! Caroline, that's fantastic! good luck with that!! :)

I'm so excited as my fitbit arrived yesterday and I'm all synched up!! Loveing everything about it at the moment!! :)
x
50 posts Page 3 of 4