The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

60 posts Page 3 of 4
Re: FITBIT Chat For SEPTEMBER.
15 Sep 2014, 21:12
Hi I'm here , have sore feet today. Went on a 26 mile kilt walk for charity yesterday and managed to come home with 7 blisters on my feet! Thankfully the body they are attached to didn't fair as badly haha. Feet do hurt though! Defo not going to manage 10.000 today between meetings and sore feet! X
15 Sep 2014, 23:27
That's fantastic - good job :-)
17 Sep 2014, 08:30
Wow, that's a lovely long walk. Bugger about the blisters.
17 Sep 2014, 20:50
I'm not getting anything like 10,000 steps most days but I am doing an exercise class 3-4 times a week so I hope that makes up for it :confused:
17 Sep 2014, 21:34
Hi it was a beautiful walk, part of the speyside way, with lots of others all in good form. My friend took her wee westie and he was a real star of the show even earned his own medal! Have managed over my 10,000 the last 2 days and even did a metafit class on Tuesday, blisters and all. I confess I am a fitbit addict! Happy stepping x
17 Sep 2014, 22:30
Just reading an article about actress Penelope Wilton in "Woman and Home" - she says she walks with her sister nearly every day, from Holland Park or Kensington Gardens, through Hyde Park, Green Park, St James Park then to Borough and back - that must clock up a tidy few steps! Wish I had the time!
18 Sep 2014, 01:30
Well if you can find the time and energy I do think walking can be a huge help. I haven't lost any weight in the past month or so, but a number of people have remarked I look thinner and my clothes are looser. And by golly, my face is a lot more like an oval now, and less like a big circle ;-)

I like that the fitbit keeps me going even when I really, really, really don't want to do it.
21 Sep 2014, 17:07
I have had a busy day and am really annoyed I forgot to wear my fitbit until lunchtime ! Aaagggh ! However, I am still motivated so that's good. Dog lost her ball on our walk and I'm slightly tempted to go and look for it, but am too knackered ! Dog is now snoring in the corner and not worried .... A good reason for another walk tomorrow. :oops:
23 Sep 2014, 16:23
Hi Caroline
I am new to this website and have had a fitbit for about 6 weeks - love it!
Am I still able to join you guys for September or as it's late, perhaps you might consider another group for October?
Kelly
x
23 Sep 2014, 22:27
It's just a place to chat about fitbitting, Kelly. There will be another thread created for October, for sure. Welcome!
24 Sep 2014, 16:23
wendyjane wrote: It's just a place to chat about fitbitting, Kelly. There will be another thread created for October, for sure. Welcome!

Thanks Wendyjane. That sounds good. :grin:
I had assumed you were all "friends" on fitbit whereby you were in a league or saw one another's steps etc. :confused:
24 Sep 2014, 16:46
Kelly25-tr wrote: Hi Caroline
I am new to this website and have had a fitbit for about 6 weeks - love it!
Am I still able to join you guys for September or as it's late, perhaps you might consider another group for October?
Kelly
x

hello Kelly . We have an invite only group on the fitbit site. Just pm me your email adress and I can add you.
24 Sep 2014, 19:05
Argh @MrsTee, isn't that annoying? I've done that a few times and I'm always amused at how annoyed I get at myself for forgetting it.
I'm well on target for my step goal for the month, only 73,000 steps to go.
25 Sep 2014, 20:58
73000 sounds miles, katamac !
Good idea though, a monthly target.
25 Sep 2014, 21:20
I have had a couple of weeks where my steps have been quite low (my target is only 7500 anyway) but while I was in Germany I managed a walk to the local castle while the children were in school one morning and a walk round the area surrounding my daughter's house one evening after the children were in bed. Since I have been home it has been difficult to summon up any inclination for a walk - somehow it seems much more enjoyable if you have a dog for company. My husband has been very encouraging and has joined me most days but our walks tend to be shorter than when we had Susie to accompany us. I suppose that I will get used to it, in time. At least I am still doing some walking!
60 posts Page 3 of 4