The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

60 posts Page 1 of 4
FITBIT Chat For SEPTEMBER.
02 Sep 2014, 06:30
Here we are, September already, the fitbit community is growing fast.

Welcome to all of our newbies and happy fitbitting, for this Spring and Fall season.

I had a great few days at the end of last month in London having my biggest step day ever of 25k steps and my feet knew it too. :oops:
Re: FITBIT Chat For SEPTEMBER.
02 Sep 2014, 10:31
Thought i would join in as I try to up my incidental exercise as I mostly do HIT and weights. Lousy effort yesterday as I was in a car most of the day but got to 10,000 today just by being out on site doing inspections!
I'm also using it to see how broken my sleep is, very!
02 Sep 2014, 13:42
This week OH and I are visiting my Mum in Pembrokeshire and are planning to take advantage of the lovely weather to walk every morning (leaving the rest of the day to be with Mum). After a very nice 5mile walk this morning I'm already on 16,500 steps :smile:
04 Sep 2014, 22:51
:grin: SPRING :grin: oh I hate winter cold! My goal for this month is to get 500,000 steps. It's an average of 16,700 a day, so going to be full on. But the sun is shining and my motivation is back, so it's a good time to do it.
05 Sep 2014, 00:23
Well thanks to my vacation last month, I got a much higher average step count in. 9K is actually an improvement. I did 40 flights of stairs on the day we visited Le Mont St Michel!!

My thyroid seems to be doing better, but I'm waiting for the results of my last bloodwork. Just finished up my 10K for today and although I'm tired, I feel good about it.

I was thrilled to not really gain any weight over my two week vacation, which is shocking considering how much I ate!! Pastries and croissants every single day. *and*, not or. ;-) So I guess it really is the exercise that's key after all.
05 Sep 2014, 15:37
I just had a look at the leaderboard and can't quite believe I'm in the top 3 across the board. I'm going to enjoy it while I can because the next 3 days will not have any long walks, and I'll slide slowly back down :smile:
@KataMac what a good idea to have a monthly target :smile:
05 Sep 2014, 19:44
Hello everyone, @tracieknits well done you, it sounds like you had a fab holiday and a lot of stairs ! @sianS it's a great feeling having done so many steps before lunch isn't it ? Now the schools are back I should be able to keep up my good start this month. I have just decorated my daughter's bedroom so not a lot of walking has been done - just covering myself in lilac paint ! Can't keep up with @katamac though ! The last few days I have been trying to keep up with @marieke, it really keeps me motivated when we are all close together !
06 Sep 2014, 08:14
Great start to everyone particularly you top of the board lot. :wink:
06 Sep 2014, 08:17
woohoo! my best total so far yesterday 15,567 steps! Wasn't all that difficult either but will be taking things a bit easier today I think.
09 Sep 2014, 12:51
After months of whinging and whining about how it's too hot to walk outside, I finally get to whinge and whine that it's too COLD! It's 55F/13C which means I can't wear my fitflops and I have to put on a sweater. One more cup of hot coffee and I'll go.

I don't know if anyone here likes to play video games, but there's a cute app out there called FITrpg, which "gamifies" your fitbit. It turns your exercise into character "attributes" and allows you to complete quests and battle bosses. It's cute and diverting. And it's a bit of motivation :-)
09 Sep 2014, 23:09
That sounds like a very cool app. I'm not really a gamer, but something like that makes me want to be.
10 Sep 2014, 09:01
Hiya all - I'm a pretty new fitbit one owner. I don't know what happened this morning, I did my c25k run and it showed I had done over 5000 steps, now all of a sudden it has me down as only doing 657! Frustrating! Is there a group to join? How do I find you?
10 Sep 2014, 09:13
@belindab Was it the actual device or the website that showed 5000 steps and then dropped them, or the computer?
If the little dongle isn't plugged into computer properly, steps register on the actual Fitbit, but not on the computer, and that has caught me out before. Beyond that I'm stumped...
And jumping into the C25K thread...you are one or two runs ahead of me I think. I'm due for my 20 minutes this morning, but my ankle is not quite right, and so I'm not going to think of it as a failure if I decide to turn it into a repeat of the previous run.
I'm sort of looking forward to the 20 minutes now! It's always seemed like a massive milestone, and it's here now, today, THIS MORNING!
10 Sep 2014, 10:10
It was the device that showed them and now doesn't... :-( I've enabled support to see what they say.

Hope your ankle holds up! Have a good one :-)
10 Sep 2014, 11:59
Belindab wrote: Hiya all - I'm a pretty new fitbit one owner. I don't know what happened this morning, I did my c25k run and it showed I had done over 5000 steps, now all of a sudden it has me down as only doing 657! Frustrating! Is there a group to join? How do I find you?

Pm me your email add and I will add you.
Not sure what happened to your steps though.
60 posts Page 1 of 4