The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

60 posts Page 4 of 4
Re: FITBIT Chat For SEPTEMBER.
25 Sep 2014, 21:29
Such a hard adjustment @StowgateResident. Walks just are so much better with a furry, tail wagging friend.

Down to 55,559 @MrsTee, so will be below 50,000 by the end of the morning. Count down is on :)
26 Sep 2014, 15:46
I really feel for you, @Stowgateresident, it isn't such fun without your furry friend is it ? And it will take a while but I bet you have lots of happy memories to comfort you. Just back from my Friday walk along fields and down onto the beach and I'm a bit mystified. I walked fast for about an hour while the dogs ate disgusting stuff left by sheep and cows, chased rabbits and investigated the high tide line. However my fitbit says I've only done 11 mins active today ! How can that be ? My kegs know better and I've already treated myself to a home made toasted tea cake ..... (shhh, don't tell, I had melted butter on it too ) and a mug of tea. Yummy. Oh well, I'll have a sulk and carry on as usual !.... Hopefully somebody else will eat the rest of the tea cakes or I'm in danger of helping myself to another one , the kitchen smells of toasted tea cakes, help !
27 Sep 2014, 00:04
I would happily come and rescue you from tea cake if I was closer :)

Do you have a flex or a one @mrstee? A while back my flex suddenly jumped my active minutes up (I don't think I'd changed speed of walking), and now, maybe a month ago, it seems to have decreased them a bit. Again, I don't think I'd changed my speed of walking. Maybe they change how they calculate it? Or something?
27 Sep 2014, 03:38
My husband has a flex and I have a one. We will go on the same walk, at the same pace, and his will register many many more active minutes than mine will. It's frustrating, but I've learned to ignore it.
27 Sep 2014, 04:35
Ah, that's interesting Tracieknits, and I've suspected my Flex might be over registering active minutes, because I only walk, not run, yet my active minutes are normally high.
27 Sep 2014, 10:59
Thank you @KataMacand @mrsteefor your kind comments regarding Susie. I tend to ignore 'active minutes' because they seem to bear no relation to my actual activity, except that if I am walking more briskly for part of my walk, I may get some then. I'm not even sure that it counts my steps accurately but I'm happy with that. At least I am getting off my bottom and actually moving - even if it is still rather reluctantly! :smile:
27 Sep 2014, 14:48
I have a little fitbit zip, which I like as I can have it clipped into my pocket. I know I'd get wound up if I tracked my sleep too, and that would keep me awake !
29 Sep 2014, 04:41
woohoo, got my 500,000 steps with a day and a half to spare. :lol:
29 Sep 2014, 06:27
Well done KataMac that's fabby, you've done really well!
29 Sep 2014, 15:52
Well done Katamac !
29 Sep 2014, 21:09
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: Congratulations, @Katamac, what an achievement! :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :victory: :smile: (I'm pleased if I manage to make my 7500 a day target! :shock:)
29 Sep 2014, 22:00
:grin: Thank you, feeling very pleased that I got there :grin:
29 Sep 2014, 22:16
I shall never be a prizewinner on account of my steps (although when I have lost a couple more stone I hope to resume jogging, which might help!). However, if I continue working away from home, shunning taxis and getting hopelessly lost (as per tonight in Manchester!) I do clock up more than I otherwise would!

Will be mainly on foot the next 3 days so will be interesting to see how I do!
30 Sep 2014, 00:13
Wandering around lost is certainly one way to clock up some steps @Madcatlady! You could try a personal goal for a week or a month? That really spurred me on this month.

And this morning, I found a way of clocking up a lot of steps (which aren't really steps) - boxing class at the gym. Sure most of them were upper cuts/punches logging on my flex rather than the brief runs around the room ;)
30 Sep 2014, 19:25
By the way, just had my first fitaversary - one year using my fitbit! I have enjoyed every minute of it - I can't imagine life without it and this forum! When I first started, I think I was the 26th person to join - and my goal was to be in the top 20. I am now in the top 10 mostly and couldn't be happier. Cheers all!
60 posts Page 4 of 4