The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

60 posts Page 2 of 4
Re: FITBIT Chat For SEPTEMBER.
10 Sep 2014, 12:30
Wow, that's weird Belindab. My One has never done that. I hope support gets you sorted that way.

In the meantime, you can always add the 5000 steps back in on the website. :-)
11 Sep 2014, 12:28
Oh thanks for that suggestion Tracie, I will see if I can do that :-)
11 Sep 2014, 12:57
I think what happened was that I was trying to use the new feature that links in with GPS and tracks your run on the iPhone app- but I didn't actually get the activity properly started and it was only when I went to tell it I had finished that I realised - so it recorded 37 seconds of running and that wiped out the steps total from the actual run.... I can see that activity on my Activity History and it is at the same time as my Runkeeper log. I'll give it another test tomorrow and see if I can make it work properly!
11 Sep 2014, 14:44
My fitbit steps will be reduced for the next week because I am in Germany looking after my two granddaughters while their parents are away. It is much more difficult to find time to go for a walk with them as they tend to dawdle but I will do my best. :smile:
When I get home it will also be tricky because on Monday we had to have our lovely, eleven-year black labrador, Susie, put down because she was diagnosed with cancer of the liver and spleen. We could have put her through chemo and radiotherapy but there was no cure, so we felt that we preferred her to go with dignity and while she was still relatively fit. We brought her home for the afternoon and she had one last walk and lots of treats and cuddles and then we went back to the vets and waited with her while she went into her last, long sleep. :cry:
My husband and I went for a walk without her on Monday evening and it was very hard, so I don't know if I will have the heart to carry on with the walking, or not, when we get back home. Watch this space. :frown:
11 Sep 2014, 15:53
I'm so sorry, @StowgateResident! You made the right choice, though.
Hope you'll enjoy your granddaughters, and not worry about your steps.
11 Sep 2014, 16:46
So very sorry Valerie @Stowgate Resident. Enjoy the grand kids. :heart:
11 Sep 2014, 22:57
Oh @stowgateresident that is so so hard. My walking companion is my 10yo golden Lab, and I don't know how I'll cope when she dies. Enjoy your time in Germany, and being with your Grandkids will help you deal with the initial pain.
11 Sep 2014, 23:00
I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew with my 500,000 steps for the month. I'm right on target now, but I've realised I have 2 days where I'll be commuting 2 hours each way for study, so will be pushed to get 10,000 steps those days, let alone the 16,666 I need to average to reach the target. I might have to factor in a couple of all day hikes to compensate. *looks frantically through diary to find free days, has a cup of tea instead*
11 Sep 2014, 23:42
I feel for you Stowie, and am very upset for you as we did the same, but with two. It was a long time before we could go walking around our property without getting upset. As you say, it was better that she went with dignity. Much love. Deb x
12 Sep 2014, 03:20
How can I compete with you all when it just rains and rains? Very frustrating. It is the anniversary, not just of 9/11, but of our big flood here last year. So fitting that it should rain this year for days on end. It's also getting in the way of my C25K progress. I have no desire to pay to go walk/run on a treadmill at the gym, or walk/run in the rain, so let's just hope it clears up soon....
12 Sep 2014, 21:35
Sorry, but I'm having trouble adding doodlepuppet and Belindab. I've done what I usually do but they're not getting any notification, it's a closed group being invite only by a member.
Any new member who can remember what happens please enlighten me as I've been here over a year now.
Please bear with me we will get there in the end.
Must be an email from fitbit not fast day,
13 Sep 2014, 09:02
Hi, thanks I have the invite now and have clicked on the link so should now be joined! Thanks very much. Don't know where it went perhaps for a walk haha. The email I received came in from you carieoates with the link included. Going to enjoy being part of the group I think but not sure I will ever make number 1!!! Thanks again
13 Sep 2014, 09:53
DoodlePuppet wrote: Hi, thanks I have the invite now and have clicked on the link so should now be joined! Thanks very much. Don't know where it went perhaps for a walk haha. The email I received came in from you carieoates with the link included. Going to enjoy being part of the group I think but not sure I will ever make number 1!!! Thanks again

That's great. DoodleP. @DoodlePuppet
Glad I wasn't doing something wrong. Now Belindab @Belindab, what's going on :?: have you got in yet?
15 Sep 2014, 11:35
@DoodlePuppet
Welcome and don't worry about your placement, it is just motivating to be within a group! Runners like me have an unfair advantage and is easy to be at the top when you run as you do so many more steps. Yesterday I ran a 40km trail race and did 54000 steps as a result - it isn't something I do every day!
15 Sep 2014, 11:58
I'm in now thank you! How about you @DoodlePuppet?

I did a test again this morning with the new activity tracker on the Fitbit app - I was also using Runkeeper at the same time. The fitbit tracker was pretty hopeless - it missed a section, then picked up again, then it stopped completely when I was about ¾ through. So my registered steps on my device were over 5000 but the activity tracker showed only about half that. The interesting thing was that when I synced, the number from the tracker overwrote what I had on my device (and on my dashboard). I eventually deleted the activity - and voila, after the next sync my device went back to what it had registered itself.
I'm going to try reporting this to fitbit, but my advice would be - don't use the activity tracker!
60 posts Page 2 of 4