The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

25 posts Page 1 of 2
I'm crazy and I know it.
21 Aug 2015, 11:18
Many of you have known me for several years now and I'm asking for a massive favour.
On 13th September I am taking part in the Great North Run, I have only been running since I joined this forum and you have all witnessed my progression.
Now I am asking for sponsorship as I am doing this to raise money for a charity my friend is deeply involved in. Sadly her 19yr old son took his own life last November and the charity is called PAPYRUS which raises awareness of the biggest killer of young people. It helps young people in universities to cope with stress and hopefully prevent more young suicides. I hope that I can run the half marathon and I assure you that I will cross the finish line, and that I am training hard to do so.
Thank you in advance.
https://www.justgiving.com/Caroline-Oates3/
Re: I'm crazy and I know it.
21 Aug 2015, 11:49
I think you are awesome Carieoate!!!! Never in this lifetime could I do that. :heart: :like:
21 Aug 2015, 12:14
That's fantastic you are doing that. OMG your poor friend!
21 Aug 2015, 13:13
Thinking of your friend Caro..how sad for her to lose her son
How lovely of you to do this - will sponsor you next week,can only afford a few quid right now,but will go to the link on Monday x
21 Aug 2015, 15:16
Done it, @carieoates! Good luck in both your run and your fund raising! :heart:
21 Aug 2015, 15:50
Done! Lots of luck...I'm sure you're ready for it! :clover:
21 Aug 2015, 16:53
Oh Oatesy what a wonderful thing to do. Your poor friend. Like Candy I will pledge when money is in!
How's the training going?
21 Aug 2015, 17:46
Im feeling very emotional about this one. Firstly because he was the same age as my son, secondly because I'm friends with his mum and thirdly because this has almost consumed me, my energy and determination. I haven't done a full proper fast for ages now and I am not getting on the scales. I'm still skipping breakfast if I'm not staying in a hotel (can't waste that cooked breakfast now can I) but yesterday I burned nearly 1000 calories during my training run. That's without breakfast and without carb loading.
Thank you to everyone who has pledged and sponsored me so far I feel blessed to have such great people behind me. You can look out for me on the start in at the back with the pink wave which is for slow runners and beginners.
Once again thank you.
21 Aug 2015, 23:59
@Carieoates done - with you my lovely, thanks for running for our young ones and a big hug to the family and you. :heart: xx
PS I would come cheer you on but I'm abroad, so look forward to some pics.
22 Aug 2015, 00:44
I'm still trying to figure out where the crazy is. Good luck on your run, carieoates! It's a good cause.
23 Aug 2015, 15:39
Done. Good luck with the rest of the training and the run itself. you are such an inspiration xxx
23 Aug 2015, 17:00
Done. Such an important cause. Good luck to you with the training (I'm doing a HM in October) and with the run itself.
23 Aug 2015, 22:14
Caro,my old age state pension has just gone into the bank ! :lol: ...
so ive been along to visit Justgiving..
Good luck with the training :like: :clover: xxx
25 Aug 2015, 11:33
Wow I'm over target already, thanks everyone.
27 Aug 2015, 00:15
@carieoates great going, time to raise your goal, just a wee incy bit :like: :heart: :victory:
25 posts Page 1 of 2