The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

1467 posts Page 19 of 98
Previous 1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 98 Next
Re: Are there any runners here?
18 Jun 2013, 09:44
Well done Mrsmicmac, when I signed up I was afraid I'd be the oldest, fattest , slowest runner and it turned out I was none of these even on my first outing with a time of 37:40.

Melanie - Reims sounds lovely, and of course anything along a canal has the added attraction of being flat!

Just back from a run, a friend called in for a coffee so I was later than usual going out, very warm and muggy and not a great time, but at least I did it so the Smug Factor will carry me through my Fast :smile:
18 Jun 2013, 19:15
*chortle*

I had a bit of a panic tonight as I realised the race is tomorrow, and I'd not got my pack, time chip etc! I'd been expecting a reminder email or something.

My husband scared me even further by asking me if I was sure I'd actually registered! I was able to find the registration email, which DID say, pack pick up details on the website, and I was able to pop along to the leisure centre tonight and get the bag. Bit of a kerfuffle when she asked me what my race number was - I didn't know - tried to read my emails on my phone - couldn't find it - saw that the names were in alphabetical order so asked if she could find me from my name.

She could. And my race number is.......1

Yes, I'm number 1! I must have registered (3rd January) as soon as they launched this year's race. Clic Sargent have been brilliant at support, and have sent me iron-on letters so I can have my name on my T shirt. So with my name, and my magic number, I should get lots of support from onlookers :-)

Still time to donate - over £300 raised so far!

http://www.justgiving.com/Linda-HarleyGillespie
18 Jun 2013, 19:55
Good luck Melanie! :clover:
18 Jun 2013, 20:01
Good luck Melanie :clover: What time do you start? Hope the weather is kind. sending hugs :smile:
18 Jun 2013, 21:08
6.45 in the evening - forecast is good - warm and sunny!
18 Jun 2013, 21:16
Melanie Cheeks wrote: 6.45 in the evening - forecast is good - warm and sunny!

Good luck Melanie!
19 Jun 2013, 22:13
I'm getting a bit concerned that we have not had Melanie's 10k run report yet - could it be she is still in the pub celebrating her victory - or survival?
20 Jun 2013, 06:19
Half-marathon, if you please!

The weather was glorious - almost too warm. I found it difficult to drink water at the stations, so near the end of the race I was feeling a little light-headed. I walked a few of the steep hills. And as I turned into the finishing line I could see the elapsed time just reaching 2 hrs 30. So I reckon my chip time will be sub that - I'm delighted with that as my first half-mar time.
20 Jun 2013, 13:29
Good Job Melanie!!! I am totally in awe that you have built up to a half marathon in such a short time as it seems an awfully long way to me. :smile:
20 Jun 2013, 16:37
That's a fantastic time Melanie! I'd be screamingly happy to finish a half in 2:30. Best so far was 2:45 and that was several years ago.

You now have a very enviable personal best for the first time out.

Congratulations!
20 Jun 2013, 18:20
Official chip time: 2-29-21.

Feeling pretty good today, still those runners high endorphins galloping around my system!
20 Jun 2013, 18:24
Fantastic, Melanie! I did my first Half last year and think it was around 2:50. How cool to come in right under the 2:30 mark!
22 Jun 2013, 10:38
Well, a few weeks ago I would have been delighted with 23:34 for parkrun but today I am disappointed, having been on a roll for the last couple I wanted to break 23 minutes and I had an experienced pacer to keep me company. The usual problem, get to 2.3 miles in a good time but run out of steam for the last bit. Outsprinted to the finish by a chap 5 years older that I thought I had the measure of...
That was parkrun 99, next week 100 and a new tee-shirt/jacket hopefully and maybe another chance to break 23 mins.
Today was the first time the whole family turned out to run, but unfortunately Deb only managed halfway because she has laryngitis and should not have run at all, big lad AJ blew up and has painful shin splints for running too fast in training and little Rob managed to just get round without losing his breakfast having never run anywhere in his life, preferring sleeping to running...
I hope next week works out better and the whole family can at least finish - preferably with a few PBs as well!
22 Jun 2013, 11:22
Oh dear, sounds like quite the family outing!

Wet and windy here in Norn Irn - no PB as I found it hard to run downhill on the slippery surface, but still in the 28 minuteseses. Off to Disneyland Paris next week, so no running for a few days.
22 Jun 2013, 15:49
http://dancingatlunacy.wordpress.com/20 ... ce-is-one/

And here's my blog report of Wednesday's race - photos courtesy of my wonderful supportive husband.
Previous 1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 98 Next
1467 posts Page 19 of 98