The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

1467 posts Page 18 of 98
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 98 Next
Re: Are there any runners here?
10 Jun 2013, 18:18
Oh no! Can you laugh about the irony yet? (probably not......)

Take your time, recover well, sending healing vibes.
10 Jun 2013, 19:56
Wondered what had happened to you Mark - you have had some bad luck there, hope you get over your problems quickly and start "hitting the trail" figuratively rather than actually!
11 Jun 2013, 14:14
I was looking for the site Pete mentioned weeks ago which turned out to be called Runbritain, and I found RunEngland first. Are they in any way connected?
11 Jun 2013, 16:24
I think so, but I don't have anything to do with RunEngland - runbritain will allow you to claim a handicap based on your parkrun performances and rank you in order of age/gender/overall for the UK, and produce graphs to show your improvement and comparisons with others who have registered. The current top runner is Mo Farah, who is quite famous...
11 Jun 2013, 17:36
....hmm the name rings a bell :like:
11 Jun 2013, 18:22
http://runbritainrankings.com/runners/p ... eid=597454

Hey that's pretty cool! My handicap has gone from about 34 to 23.4 - impressive graph!
11 Jun 2013, 20:01
I have just registered for runbritain too - handicap 30.6. Sounds about the same as the golf handicap I used to have
11 Jun 2013, 21:26
Linda - the 27th of April must have been terrible conditions in N. Ireland to get such a high difficulty rating. It is a bit strange just how this is calculated, and you can run a PB but it does not account as your best run...
Annoyingly, I have an ongoing rivalry with a chap who ha just moved into my age category (but a year younger) - all my counting times are better than all his but he gets a lower handicap, and I am beating him by about 68 - 18 head-to-head!
It all adds to the interest, though, and if you search runbritain for Peter Meads you will see my progress since 5:2 began in February!
11 Jun 2013, 21:39
The nice thing about keeping a blog is, I can look back and see what my thoughts were that day!

http://dancingatlunacy.wordpress.com/20 ... n-8-to-go/

It was a pretty good day weather wise - dry but not too hot, no rain or ice. Might be a mis-record on the conditions (what do all those SSS things mean anyway?)
15 Jun 2013, 09:38
Good Morning parkrunners, I hope you had a good one today.
My run felt quite fast and a light shower in the first km was pleasantly cooling, my phone app played up at the start so I'll wait for my official time before posting it on here :smile:
15 Jun 2013, 10:58
Hi Sian and the rest of you - I managed another improvement today, 5 seconds off last week for 23:04, which is my best time since March 2012. Really went for it in the first mile, had convinced myself by 2.3 that I was going to blow up but managed to hang on and finish with a reasonable sprint up the last hill. Disappointed not to sneak under 23 minutes but there are always grounds for disappointment if you are that way inclined! Deb managed to exactly match her PB of 27:48 and is equally disappointed (but she is a year older this week so gets a better percentage in age-grading!) so it does look as though the Weds interval 400m sessions are paying off (just as well, they are horrible!)...
15 Jun 2013, 11:22
Fanfare time !!!
New PB for me 30:09, I'm not sure where it came from having been lurking around 32:14 - 32:16 on my last 2 outings, I must be running faster :smile:
15 Jun 2013, 12:36
Brilliant - that is going to knock a big chunk off your handicap!

Well done!

Update 17 June - my handicap now 14.4, down from 15.3 at the start of the month - as the result of the last two runs. Woot! Also I have a decent runner offering to act as a pacer next week for run 99 so there will be no excuse for a less than excellent performance...
17 Jun 2013, 06:18
Well done all! No park run for me this weekend as I was in Reims - but I did enjoy a Sunday morning run along the canal - La Coulee Verte. Lots of fellow runners, cyclists, dog walkers, roller bladers enjoying the sunshine.
18 Jun 2013, 09:14
Hello All,
Can I join in? Just joined the forum and have been running (slowly) for a couple of years and toying with park runs but haven't tried one yet.
I think confers would be my closest so going to site to sign up now.

Thanks for the inspiration!
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 98 Next
1467 posts Page 18 of 98