The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

1467 posts Page 24 of 98
Previous 1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 98 Next
Re: Are there any runners here?
03 Aug 2013, 17:51
I think mine was under 30, but possibly not under 29. My son called me as I was approaching the finish line - I was listening to music via my phone so the call came through - so there's maybe a few seconds there. The annoying thing was, I was chatting away to him as I walked back to my car, only to remember when I got there that I'd left my car keys in the biscuit tin up by the finish line!

Yes, I'm tempted to volunteer either next week or the week after.
03 Aug 2013, 18:21
29:25, by the looks of it! Not bad in the circumstances...
03 Aug 2013, 19:57
He was phoning to tell me he'd passed his theory part of his driving test, so it was good news!

In my head if I'm under 30 thats good, under 29 that's great, and I'm still working towards under 28!
10 Aug 2013, 09:59
Good morning parkrunners

I hope your runs went well, I Marshalled this week got to wear a Hi-Vis top :smile:
10 Aug 2013, 10:12
Dammit, that's the second week ina row that someone has rung me AS I'M CROSSING THE FINISH LINE!!!!!

And this time it was my husband (who KNOWS I ParkRun every Saturday morning - he's away this weekend on a biking trip)

Anyway, whatever buttons I pressed, I've lost my MapMyRun records, which is annoying me more than a little.

I'm pretty sure my time was under 30 mins, but probably not under 29. Will just have to wait until the official time is published later on. And now I'm going to sulk for a while.
10 Aug 2013, 10:24
Linda isn't it a pain when the tech plays up. Can you get your MapMyRun data back from the website?

Stamp your feet to enhance the quality of your sulk :smile:
14 Aug 2013, 21:07
Had a very nice surprise ending at last Saturday's half marathon beating my previous race time by a full 37 minutes. Of course, I walked the two-month's prior race due to an injury and this time - for the first time ever actually - I ran/walked to get back into my average times of faster, now much older, races. And no new injuries nor re-injuries to report either. Because of this WOE, it seems that the (now former) lead in my ass (arse) is finally reverting back into relative fleetness of foot. Yay!

Also had an opportunity to research "age adjusted results" from an article in Runner's World. The following link may be of interest to forum runners who'd like to apples-to-apple compare their ParkRun times (for example) to those of other members irrespective of age or gender. Enjoy.

http://www.marathonguide.com/fitnesscal ... valent.cfm
16 Aug 2013, 07:19
Well done ADF, what sort of time are we talking about for the half?

Parkrun results always quote age-graded percentages as well as absolute times - this means my wife sometimes gets to beat me - I use the WMA age-grading website for calculations of other events, Howard Grubb did all the stats.
16 Aug 2013, 07:36
Good Morning Pete,
How is your wrist?
16 Aug 2013, 08:02
it's OK I think, still in the temporary cast which has been spoiling the holiday a bit but no pain. Have jogged a few times but very hot here. Hoping the fracture has knitted enough that they say I don't need the full cast - will probably see clinic on Monday. Thanks for asking!
If your new avatar pic is current - wow! You have done well...
17 Aug 2013, 10:11
Anybody parkrunning today.

I had a goodish run under 30mins not sure how much under though.

Melanie I hope your tech didn't let you down this week :smile:
18 Aug 2013, 07:48
Tentatively dipping my toe in this running thread, after 5 months off running and the past 2 weeks running short intervals, I ran 5km today! Am knackered though.
18 Aug 2013, 08:06
Waratah, 5k is a good start!

The doctor told me I could run with my cast on, but I can barely lift my arm, so I'll wait til it's off to start again. I miss it, though.
20 Aug 2013, 13:32
Hey guys

I ran 6miles last night, will be doing 6 again tonight and 13miles tomorrow night. Aiming for Dublin Marathon again this year. Fasted yesterday and fasting again today and have to say I feel very weak. Going to eat at 5pm (before 7pm for run) and hope that helps
20 Aug 2013, 14:15
Hi jmousey,

I hope your run tonight goes well it is pretty warm here in SE England. I ran about 7km this morning and wished I had gone out earlier. I'm not running at anything like your level but find it harder to run the day after a fast. :clover:
Previous 1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 98 Next
1467 posts Page 24 of 98