The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

48 posts Page 3 of 4
Re: Hula Hooping
01 Jun 2015, 15:24
Whoo, couldn't do that on a fast day!
02 Jun 2015, 11:54
I think that I would need a couple of weeks practice (and a much larger hoop) before I could do that @P-JK! Actually, I would settle for being able to do more than a couple of minutes of standard hooping without running out of breath, so I'm with you on that @rawkaren!
@David F, of course men can do it - and there's not even any instructions to not read! Good videos available though!
I'm off to the shed to get my hoop out and dust it off - right now!
02 Jun 2015, 14:39
I really want to buy a hula hoop now, I really really do... Might have to pop to a sports shop tomorrow lunch time.

I'm a bit worried it will end up hanging on the unused exercise bike as has already been mentioned, but I'm hoping the entertainment value of getting friends and family to give it a go will keep me motivated for a little while.

I'll check back in here to let you know how I get on...
02 Jun 2015, 18:29
I'm sure I could do that if I had a bigger hoop and a lot of attitude!!!!
I will be checking in to make sure you are hula'ing. Boys and girls welcome, the more the merrier.
02 Jun 2015, 18:48
Hope I can get one in Doha!
02 Jun 2015, 19:00
@Debs, if Doha don't sell, I'll pick up a pack you up hoop in London. :wink:
05 Jun 2015, 06:00
Hi Lizbean,
Thank you for that, I put a post on FB Doha and have found places to buy them here so I am going to give it a go!!!!
05 Jun 2015, 19:06
Hey everyone! My 40" one arrived today. It's brilliant and I command you all to rush out and get one :lol:
11 Jun 2015, 11:01
I got my hula hoop at the weekend :victory:

I bought this one from Argos:http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9010967.htm

My success has been very varied, sometimes I can pick it up and just start hulaing until I feel too tired (I haven't started timing myself yet though), and other times I just can't get started with it! Definitely need more practice so I can reliably do it every time. I particularly struggle at the moment if my fiance is in the room, I just can't get started with someone watching, but if he comes in once I've started then I'm absolutely fine - seems very odd to me!

Despite my struggles there's only been one day so far this week when I haven't tried at all, and I went to zumba that day anyway so I don't feel too bad.
11 Jun 2015, 14:32
Thanks ladies!!

I smile everytime I read this thread and imagine the scene.

Life and joy are where you find it.
11 Jun 2015, 17:46
P-JK wrote: Sure, try this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX42N1kqyEc

Not a hula hoop it's a Cyr wheel or some thing ;-)

Not that it makes very many odds...... I can't show that lad up .....of course.
11 Jun 2015, 17:48
Lizbean wrote: Whoo, couldn't do that on a fast day!

Couldn't do it on any flippin' day.
11 Jun 2015, 18:21
David F wrote:
Lizbean wrote: Whoo, couldn't do that on a fast day!

Couldn't do it on any flippin' day.[//quote]
Well we can only try ............ Are you flying a kite in your avatar or fishing?
12 Jun 2015, 14:47
So far I have found Hula Hoops but not a hula hoop, I shall keep trying. :grin:
12 Jun 2015, 16:40
@Debs, you could always try twirling said Hula Hoops round your fingers, still exercise innit? :grin:
48 posts Page 3 of 4