The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

748 posts Page 44 of 50
Previous 1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 50 Next
It appears I have to check attach a signature everytime I comment....
yep, that's it!

Well anyway, back to the reason I post. My window was big yesterday and I'm aiming for much smaller today. I'll report back tomorrow.
@righton good luck with shortening your window. :clover: I'm maintaining with 52 but also including windows on TDEE days. Aim is to move from 52 to windows, sliding doors :grin:
I like the sliding doors! LOL :lol:
loversghost wrote: I seem to have (inadvertently) fallen into a 16:8 way of eating after fast days by just eating when I feel hungry and not when it is breakfast time etc. - because I wake up post fast not feeling very hungry at all. Seems to have kickstarted the weight loss a bit (I may live to regret saying that!)

It occurred to me that I have also inadvertently fallen into a sort of 5:2/16:8 way of eating with 2 fast days per week, 4 16:8 and one anything goes. On searching the forums it seems that others have had the same experience of not being hungry first thing in the morning following a fast day. What I love about this WOL/WOE is that it is so flexible and works for everyone on some level.
@Pilchards, I'm glad you gave this topic a push. I fall into this pattern when fasting, also, and I've been trying to push it a bit more. Anybody else interested?
piper wrote: @Pilchards, I'm glad you gave this topic a push. I fall into this pattern when fasting, also, and I've been trying to push it a bit more. Anybody else interested?

Perhaps it is one for the next challenge @Piper. The current one ends on 30 April.
I am feeling inspired. Struggling with 5:2 but the 16:8 is appealing. I cook for a living and its really hard to fast 2 days with so much good food around me. DEFINITELY going to try 16:8
Hi everyone. I'd like to hang out in the 'eating window' tent for awhile.
5:2 was working for slow weight loss, but not easy in my home. Hubby cooks, and meals lately have been really yummy. Two days in a row I fasted, planned a very low calorie supper, then couldn't resist sitting down with him and auntie for the great meal. And my aunt has mild dementia. She asks why I am not eating every time I have a fast day. This way I eat the family meal with them.
After 2 days of only supper, I figured why not try 18:6, or some other combo. So this made day 4, and I love it. I am trying 19:5 because it fits me right now. :smile:
Now I wonder about calorie counting in those window hours. No sugar, no desserts except yogurt or fruit. So, I started reading this thread, and got 1/4 of the way, up to p. 11.

I guess I will just see what works for me. Thanks for all your shares, struggles and successes. I plan to be in this tent for awhile.
Good luck to you and me. :clover: :clover:
Thanks Grannieannie for fetching this window up from April. I feel I have somewhere to write today. I have not had the energy to read all the past posts - not even to figure whether I have written here before.
But I am kinda fasting on a Saturday, and I know it is not a very popular fasting day. I say kinda fasting, because my eating window does not open until 15:00. Then it closes again after dinner, about at 18:15.
I find this fits me extremely well.
I am not hungry. I can eat 'normal food' at dinner time with hubby. Though I tend toward low carb, but that is easily arranged. Eg. tonight he'll have potatoes, while I'll have Brussels Sprouts (yum).
I am slowly losing weight. I started this regime sometime in August when my clothes felt too tight. I have since lost about 3 kg. :grin:
We have even 'dessert' at week ends, usually some slices of water melon. :smile:
Then on Mondays I try to have a very light supper, to balance this out. :neutral:
Hi @grannieannie, welcome to Windows.

When I was in the losing phase of 19/5 I did not restrict sugar or carbs or count calories. Some people on the Fast-5 Facebook group do. It's the old 'what works for you' scenario again.

However, if as a result of fasting your craving for sugary things diminishes then don't make yourself have them - they have zero health benefits :curse:
I've been sort of loosely following 16:8 for a while now, but really started slacking off as of late. I am planning to really kick start my weight loss journey again on Tuesday, after the holiday weekend here in the U.S. and as I'm back in the routine of work. I plan to be strict about 16:8 (or 17:7) and I am also planning to cut back on carbs, and cutting out sugar, except for things like fruit, yogurt, etc. I've gained 14 lbs. in the last year, so I'm hoping that initially a few pounds come off quickly. I'm hoping to lose all 14 by then end of Dec. and then I'll work on the rest of the weight I need to lose!! This should be a great place to post!
It is Sunday, 4th September. I said I would put on weight at the week end. But I have actually lost a little. I am now 57 kg.
This only goes to show that the scales fluctuate with a mind of their own :confused:
Yea, I also know that the week end ain't over yet, so there is tomorrow's weighing yet 'to look forward to'.
Maybe it is the low carbing, which is helping too. :smile:
Thats great to hear @Margotsylvia! I think going low carb has a tremendous impact on weightless. I certainly noticed a difference when I cut out bread, pasta, rice and potatoes! I did BSD for 8 weeks and lost 11 pounds - amazing for little old Bean!!

Well done

Bean :heart:
Previous 1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 50 Next
748 posts Page 44 of 50