The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

748 posts Page 45 of 50
Previous 1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 50 Next
Still 16:8ing here (though more often it is 17:7 or 18:6) and combining with keeping carbs and sugar down (but not out). Very rarely have dessert, pasta, rice or potatoes and sometimes have bread at lunchtime, usually just one slice if we're having soup or boiled eggs. Sugar limited to that in a couple of squares of v dark chocolate. Seems to be the right balance for me not to feel deprived but to keep the nutritionally empty carbs low.
The weekend went well even eating out with company. I made a birthday cake, and they brought blueberry pie. My aunt is turning 95!
Of course I sampled both desserts both days, but I also maintained the eating window, opening and closing it earlier than I'd been doing. The scales said no weight gain, but they've lied before. :wink: I wonder if air pressure matters. The main difference was that today I had no energy and craved sugar and carbs, and overate in the window. If I avoid sweets I feel better and don't crave more of them. Here's to a healthier tomorrow. :clover:
I was very good with my eating window this week! I also did well eating lower carb. Today I'm going to a friend's for dinner for her birthday. There is going to be cake. I have saved my carbs for that and will just have a small piece.
The scale was down 2 lbs. this morning! I hope it lasts until my official WI day on Monday!
There seems to be many options to write in today, but I think this "eating window" suits me best. :grin:
Last night we had dessert, because it was Saturday. And this morning I had lost weight!! I do not figure this out, but maybe I do not even have to. The Window Fasting book says that as long as the weight is tending downwards - however slowly- then things are OK. I was 56.6 kg this morning :lol:
The dessert last night and tonight is low carb. We have apples in our garden. So I made "Mark's Daily Apple" apple pie. The almond flour dough did not behave at all like pastry dough... :frown: Maybe the Coconut oil I used was too warm.
But we ate it anyway, with a mixture of whipped cream and quark. It was good.
So I am still enjoying life, and still trying to lose.... A good deal :smile: .
I kinda splurged a lot last night...chicken parm, with a little pasta, some really good bread, and then a small piece of cake. And the scale is the same this morning!! I will try to be really good again today to keep it that way for tomorrow. I'm very proud of myself that I didn't indulge in any of the chocolate candy that was available and refused leftover cake to take home.
Well, the result of the weekend is weight loss and no gain. Although last night I had wine and a large piece of that Apple pie and topping for dessert. 56.6 kg still this morning. I am amazed but pleased :grin: .
My official weigh in was this morning and in one week I've lost 3 lbs. even despite the splurges on Saturday night. I'm very happy! I hope I can continue to lose around 1 lb. a week now!
@cblasz and @margotsylvia, isn't it good when the body gets used to the intermittent fasting?
I got back from my trip just one nap ago, and refuse to weigh myself yet. No eating windows, but I was careful about no sugar and lower carbs.
I am slightly frustrated again. Why am I not losing weight. I said I lost over the week end. But now I am back up to 56.8 kg. Yesterday it really felt like I was losing weight - but no change on the scales :frown:
I know, I know, just keep plodding on and eventually something will shift. :smile:
@Margotsilvia What's your waist doing? Remember that the natural variation from day to day in weight is as much as 2lb up or down from yesterday so unless your weight increase was more than 2lb it is quite possible you have not really gained weight. Read the article in the Library (use the LEARN link at the top of the page) about Why the scales don't tell the truth for more info :-)
I'm back,after a very long break from fasting. I would like to loose a few kilos but can not face 5 /2 again. Although it did work for me. My question is: can I do an eating window and still loose
I would like to skip breakfast as that is easy for me,have a late lunch,dinner and stop eating around 9
I only have a few kilos to loose but really want to get rid of it. I am so uncomfortable in my tight pants
Would love to hear if this worked for others.
Thanks
Thanks Carorees. I know, I have read the info about why the scales do not tell the truth.
Actually today I weighed only 56.5. My lowest weight yet, this way round, and a BMI of 22.07.
Ever since I was putting on weight in the spring, my belly has been sticking out. My trousers were getting tight, like yours Sarah.
I hate to measure my stick out belly, it is 77cm. Double that and the result is 154 cm. My height is about 159 cm, so I guess I am OK on that count.
Sarah, I think you can lose even those last few kilos with this method. As long as you have patience. At first I lost about 2 kg and then it has been really slow. All told, I have lost about 3,5 kg in a month. Not bad really. My 'window' is quite dramatic. I do not eat anything until 3pm. And I stop eating about 6:15 pm.
It is only that one is staring at the scales every morning, hoping... :confused:
Not sure where to post this. I haven't been here for a while
I'm planning to try again with intermittent fasting. But have a few questions. I was thinking of just doing 16/8
My question : do I do it every day and obviously I still have to eat in a controlled way But is this enough to lose weight. We are going on holiday in three weeks so would love to lose a bit before we go and also maybe keep this up while we are there. It feels very do able to skip breakfast
Would love to hear from others how they go on this plan
Thanks
It is Friday today and I've lost some more weight. :grin: 56.3 kg.
Dear Sarah,
Just some thoughts from me. You do not have to follow them. Try your own thing.
But:
1) breaking the fast. The man who wrote tho book about window fasting, said you ought to break-fast with something healthy.

-what I do is that I have what I would normally have at breakfast, but a smaller amount. I have yogurt, with berries and an apple chopped up in it. I add 2 table spoons of sugar free Muesli (Rude Health)..

2) the man also says not to eat ANYthing before your 'window opens', i.e. before you break-fast.
This means that I do not even have milk in my tea/coffee. So it is black tea/coffee and water, until break-fast.
Then I have milk with my tea.

3) Drink a lot when fasting, black tea and black coffee is OK. Water is great.

4) To speed up weight loss I eat low carbohydrate. That means NO WHITE SUGAR, or any sugar. No rice, no macaroni, no bread, no potatoes. Once you get used to it it is easy. I eat a 'normal dinner in the evening with my husband. While he has potatoes or rice, I have a cooked veg, or salad.

I hope this helps. I also find that if I do not have sweet things, I do not get hungry. That is a great bonus. You could try to cut out the carbs gradually.
Good luck with the diet :clover: :clover: :clover:
Thanks for that. How long have you been doing it and have you lost weight. Do you only do 16/8'and do you do it every day. Today was my first day. I ate an apple at about 2/30. Haven't felt hungry and feel really good
What is the book you refer to? I would like to read it thanks
Previous 1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 50 Next
748 posts Page 45 of 50