The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

101 posts Page 2 of 7
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7 Next
My first day fasting today - Monday 18th March. Really hungry now, around 3:50pm. Feeling light headed and generally spacey! Not getting that feeling of mental acuity that people talk about at all! Does it get easier and do you feel better after fasting a few times?
Yes Fifromoz it does get easier. I have been following this WOL for several weeks and really look forward to fast days. Once you have got into the swing of things you will be fine. Hunger comes in waves and they do pass. Make sure you keep really well hydrated. I have just had a cup of tea with a splash of lite milk. Some people fond a cup of bovril or bouillon helps get them through. Good luck.
Fasting day here too, so of course I'm awake very early :confused:

Sleeping till lunchtime would be the ideal....if only, coffee pot here I come, bring it on :wink:
My very first day and I was really struggling until I made a cup of green tea with squeeze and slice lemon. Going back for another one and really looking forward to my already prepared dinner. Thank goodness for long blacks and green tea. Very warm day here in Townsville North Queensland Australia. Found the discussion to day very supportive. Thank you for posting.
Morning all, monday fast for me. Didn't lose any weight last week, though an inch off my waist. But then I did have a bit of a blow out this weekend and did practically no exercise on account of dodgy knee so can't complain. This diet is good but it isn't magic!
Is the last day of a course I attend, and we are all supposed to bring in food to share. I may not be popular...hahaha.
Well done to those already nearing the end of their repair day and good luck and happy days to the rest of us
X
Morning all. Just stumbled down to the computer while the rest of the family are raiding the fridge and thought (in my half awake state) that I'd hit upon the wrong forum, as everyone on the first page or so is Australian! I had no idea that we were quite so international, but good luck today, wherever you are in the world... :cool:
Happyday wrote: My very first day and I was really struggling until I made a cup of green tea with squeeze and slice lemon. Going back for another one and really looking forward to my already prepared dinner. Thank goodness for long blacks and green tea. Very warm day here in Townsville North Queensland Australia. Found the discussion to day very supportive. Thank you for posting.

Hello Happyday (and all Monday fasters)
Welcome to the forum and this way of eating. Pleased you have found the discussion supportive. There is lots of good info on the forum (easy to search for) and many knowledgable people.
Coming from a hot place, you will know to keep your fluid intake up. This is even more important when fasting, and it helps you feel fuller!
It gets easier :grin:
Me too - just checked the diary and this is fast 12 for me.

On the train to work now. Nothing to eat till tonight then a portion of HB casoulet I saved from the batch I made on Saturday.

Overdid it a bit on Friday, and drank a fair bit this weekend, but no food bingeing which is a positive change.
Good luck fellow fasters especially if like me you've STS for the last couple of weeks. Dogs walked, coffee made and now ready for 40 mins on the cross trainer. Hope Chris Evans plays some motivational music.
Ten past three in the afternoon here in WA and I have just reached the grumpy stage of my fasting day, doesn't normally happen but it kicked in today so I've had a Bovril. Someone suggested I needed chocolate; he's so right!! Getting up at 4am on a fast day makes it seem soooo much longer!,
Wow! This has taken off in Australia big time! Fast day for me too and am trying a different tactic of not eating until this evening. On the grounds Sunday roast is a big meal I should be able to do this. It is entrenched in brain that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and have always said it is the one meal I cannot miss. I have been known to have breakfast at 5am when starting out early so obsessed am I with getting it in. I know this will not be easy but I want to try. I will have Hairy Dieters chilli and ginger salmon with roasted veg this evening and have 100 cals spare in case I need something sooner. Currently enjoying a black coffee.
Good morning! Sunny Monday morning in UK now and I am starting fast number 3. First time I'm trying skipping breakfast - let's see how I go! Hope you all have a good day!
Good morning Monday fasters everywhere :cool: What an international lot we are!

Today is the start of my 6:1 regime and I have chosen Monday as I've always found it the easier of the two fast days.

I usually divide my calories between lunch and dinner but today I am going to try fasting all day until an early evening meal. It seems to work best for the "old hands"

Have a good Monday everyone.
Good Morning Monday Fasters,

I'm joining you today as I am going out for a meal tomorrow, which would usually be my Fast Day.

No Breakfast, some vegetable soup with Slim Rice in it for a late mini lunch then a Waitrose Love life ready meal for dinner with lots of veg.I regard Ready Meals as a bit of a treat as I cook every other day.

Time for some more fruit tea :smile:
Here i am fighting my tiny little corner in Luxembourg...just leftover roast chicken for tea tonight with a melange of whatever vegetables I have to hand...spot of cleaning today for a mild bit of aerobic activity, a dash to the bus stop in the vague hopes the bus will arrive in time for me to get to my art club this pm where I shall turn down cake...thing is I prefer Mondays for fasting...it sorts the week out, even if it means turning down cake. As I have said before, here in Luxembourg one is always faced with turning down cake...or not, as the case maybe. All you AUSSIE Fasters!, hope you had a good fast today and a good nights sleep lined up.

Bon fasting tout le monde, x
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7 Next
101 posts Page 2 of 7