The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

101 posts Page 3 of 7
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Today is my first fasting day. It's 3:30 pm and felling not too bad. I do have a cold but using that to my advantage - no appetite!

Just going to do it for two weeks to start with as I'm travelling down to Sydney for a holiday. Might not be able to fast while there!

I'll be ready to get "back on the horse" when I return. But I really wanted to make a small start now, otherwise I'm sure I would put on weight before the trip.
I'm fasting too after a heavy weekend of eating. The last two fasting days were awful, but I'm hoping that was just temporary and that this week the days will roll on by. As ever, I'm going o save all my calories until this evening and get by on lots of water, herbal teas etc. it's only forgone day after all!
I'm looking to an insalata caprese this evening, a favourite even when I'm not dieting.
First day fasting today :) I've been to the gym already, now on my way to sit in lectures all day... Hopefully I'll be able to distract myself until dinner time when I have home made soup...
So the parents have been here this weekend and we've had some lovely food - cooked breakfast, Sunday roast, Shish kebabs, pasta bakes, ginger cake (made with xylitol and black strap molasses), cheese and crackers, Guinness (obviously). Now, they're here for a long weekend (leaving tonight) and I was quite happy to continue eating like this but it turns out they're really supportive and they think that I should fast today. Hmm!

So I'm fasting today!

Interestingly, my scale weight has gone up four pounds, but I'm putting this down to the sheer volume of food in my digestive tract and the water balance in my body. Well, most of it anyway. We'll see what things are like on Wednesday morning, my weekly weigh-in day.

Just to be clear - I'm not phased by this at all. It's exactly how I wanted to eat this weekend (i.e. freely, with my family) and I'm confident that fasting will soon make up for the fun (I don't want to use the word excess, it sounds too negative). That's the theory anyway - this week is the first experiment. I'll let you know if my theory is correct.
Lady Muck wrote: I'm looking to an insalata caprese this evening, a favourite even when I'm not dieting.

Is that tomato, buffalo mozzarella, olive oil and a few herbs? One of my favourite dishes of all time.
Hello and well done all you Aussie fasters, you have made me want to go book my summer holiday!

Fasting today and I need a good one as I've had 5 days away of overeating.

A question though I'm on week 7or 8 (cant remember) and on a fast day like to go through to dinner without food as I find it easier not to eat till then, but drink a ton of herbal tea which has 5 cals a cup!!!
Does that mean Its not a true fast, and we should be only drinking water as even regular tea and coffee has calories doesn't it? :frown:
I am fasting today, have my soup packed, for lunch, I miss bf I find once I eat then I get hungry quicker.
Hope I am not setting myself up to fail today- am attending a meeting with sandwich lunch which I will have to pass on and eat my soup when I get back to my desk around 2 ish.
Sue
caldini wrote:
Lady Muck wrote: I'm looking to an insalata caprese this evening, a favourite even when I'm not dieting.

Is that tomato, buffalo mozzarella, olive oil and a few herbs? One of my favourite dishes of all time.

Well the buffalo stuff is a little outside my price range. I used to flip between olive oil and balsamic vinegar as a dressing; then an Italian friend suggested red wine vinegar, which now I prefer (and few cals than the other two).
First fast day of the week for me, and boy do I need it! Nuff said!
Hi Everyone, today was my my 2nd fast and im very pleased to have made it to dinner without eating. Got through the day doing all the usual except did not go to the gym....i think that would have been a bit much. Is it ok to exercise on fast days?
Hey Everyone,

I am joining you all today for a Monday fast. I don’t even want to eat today. Being Irish I had to celebrate St Patricks Day (Weekend :oops: )...

My fast day's this week are Monday and Tuesday as I am going on holidays on Wednesday - Hopefully the two days in a row won’t be too hard - but at least I wont have to do a fast day on holiday.

Anyway, I hope you all had a great St Patricks day and Happy fasting!
3rd fasting day for me. Woke up with a headache so it might get interesting later.

Lots of viruses doing the rounds in school atm so I'm hoping it's not one of them!!
Welcome to all the new fasters and good luck everyone. Cold morning here and this is my 7th week, 13th fast. the last two fasts were very easy, but I wasn't cycling due to a bad cough I have developed so that might have made a difference. Cycled this morning and my lungs were hurting the air was so cold. beautiful morning though.

As usual will not eat until this evening when I will have my French onion soup and crackers and fruit for desert. May have a hot chocolate to warm up later! brrr
DrLCH wrote: As usual will not eat until this evening when I will have my French onion soup and crackers and fruit for desert. May have a hot chocolate to warm up later! brrr

I always have homemade French Onion soup on a fast day too, with a little grated Gruyere cheese sprinked on top, yummy and very low in calories.
15th fast day here, wasn't looking forward to it as I've got so much to do and a cold, but after going for a run I have a lot more energy. Good luck to all Monday fasters.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
101 posts Page 3 of 7