The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

101 posts Page 7 of 7
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Awoke to falling snow and a hangover from last night...not the best start to my 8th 'fast day'!!!
I've had a really busy day today; it helps SO much when you're fasting. We're on our 17th fast. All is going in the right direction....down!
Lunch was my usual two dark rye Ryvita, smear of Philli light, slice of pastrami on each + an Ainsley Harriet winter veg soup (80 cals) to try & warm me up - it's sooooo cold, and even colder when you're fasting.
Our supper is a Waitrose Love Life Fishermans Pie each (269 cals), green beans and a few carrots.
Three mugs of tea enjoyed with skimmed milk at 0800, 1600 & 1830.
If I'm busy I hardly even notice the hours flying by. It's helpful.
Whilst I always looks forward to normal days admittedly, I definitely find fast days less of an onerous 'task' and more of a challenge to take on & defeat now!
KrisGoo wrote: It's my 7th fast day and really the hardest yet I just feel light headed and cranky. Usually it's fine and I feel great. I had my 500 calories for lunch as usual (actually slightly more than usual have been averaging 400) and breakfast tomorrow seems a long way off :-(

Oh well I won't crack 2 hours of karate tonight should sort me out and forget about it (I hope!)

Hope everyone else is having a better day :-)

Hope your next fast is easier Krisgoo!
I always use the bulk of my calories in the evening, couldn't bear to end the day hungry. The karate might help you sleep tho, it'll be breakfast time before you know it :-)
I'm on my 5th fast day and found it really hard! Hopefully haven't gone much over my 500 calories but haven't managed to go aslong between meals today as before. Looking forward to normal day tomorrow :)
Made it, my 13th Fast day almost done. Dinner was the same Waitrose Fiasherman's pie as Peta had, with a big bowl of mixed veggies.

Enough calories left for one or possibly two mugs of low cal hot chocolates before bed :smile:
My first fast today, really enjoyed my dinner but has awful hunger pangs straight after. Had an oxo to settle it. Now in bed and will have a small glass of milk before I go to sleep! Pleased I have done it though
SianS wrote: Made it, my 13th Fast day almost done. Dinner was the same Waitrose Fiasherman's pie as Peta had, with a big bowl of mixed veggies.

That was good of Peta to share :wink:

Easy fast day today for me. I went to the gym at lunchtime and did a Body Combat class. High intensity exercise puts me right off eating for 2-3 hours so made the afternoon feel very short!

Gorgeous dinner - roasted some cauliflower and some salt cod. Then lightly stir-fried some onions, kale, mushrooms, tomatoes with cumin, chilli and lemon-juice. Mixed the cauli through it and served the cod on top. It tasted fabulous.

Next fast is usually Weds but have a day out of the office which will probably involve snacks and lunch being provided. Might wait to see what's on offer before deciding whether to switch to Thurs this week!
For the first time since I started fasting I'm not suffering from evening hunger. Not sure if its the HB Cassoulet, or I'm just getting used to this (12th fast). Anyway, its a nice feeling :smile:
I'm pleased to report that my husband and I have made it through our fourteenth fast, at the start of our eigth week! (We missed one fast when we were in Germany for a week),

Today has been quite a challenge because we are currently looking after out two grandaughters, aged three and two, while their parents are skiing. Making porridge and toast for their breakfast, fruit for morning snack, serving up a lunch which I prepared yesterday and tea before bath and bed has been a serious strain on my resolve! However, we did it and have enjoyed a beef caserole with lots of extra vegetables and new potatoes cooked in their skins.

We're now relaxing in front of the TV before what I hope will be an early night! Staying up to our usual bedtime is not an option when we need to be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 7am!

Wish us luck for Thursday, our next fasting day!
Hi,
Another Monday faster,

Fast went well today, kept busy all day.

Heavy snow here in East Scotland so off to bed early as I'm always really cold on fast days! Really hoping Spring makes an appearance soon!

Goodnight.
Today was my 5th fast. Was comfortable till the afternoon, around 3:30 pm, when I had a 65 cal snack, then couldn't make it past 5:00 pm and had to have my dinner. This was earlier than when I wanted to eat, so now I'm feeling hungry, and its only 6:00 pm (from U.S.)!! This is when I start telling myself that I can hold off until tomorrow when I can eat whatever I want (which I won't really, I will stay within my TDEE), but that is what is so great about this WOL, I can live thru a rough 24 hours knowing that tomorrow I will be eating. This WOL is so sustainable, I'm very happy! Now, if I could just lose another lb, sooner rather than later :)
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
101 posts Page 7 of 7