The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

40 posts Page 2 of 3
Fasting today Friday 26 April
26 Apr 2013, 09:44
I am in - Fasting day no. 11 and doing great so far. Love this diet and this grouph :like:
Wow UN2NET that is a LOT of water/liquids! I didn't drink anywhere near as much as I should have. I think I need to buy a water jug for my desk because I am so far away from the kitchen at work and am just too lazy to regularly refill my glass. Considering I already suffer with low blood pressure I should be careful to drink plenty.
I'm in today, I had all my cals for an early dinner at 4pm. Now I just need to back away from the kitchen and keep busy till bed time. Drinking decaf every time hunger hits, it really works!
Hi

I'm new here and this is my first fast day. I'm very hungry, so have been drinking lots of water. I'm so hungry!
Keep on going there, Shoeface! It gets easier!
I'm fasting again today - just had cuppasoup & 2 biscottes. Nothing (except liquids) until dinner. Poached chicken & vietnaese style salad - a new recipe I'm trying!
Haven't succumbed to high calories yet! Had an orange and given myself about 100 cals for milk in coffee ( I have about 4 cups) . Think ill be ok but HATE fast days :-).
Hello,

another faster here! Chickened out of my morning run today (I have just resumed running after 5 month off!), but did a short beginners kettlebell workout at home instead.

Now busy at work, it's chilly and I'm knocking back the hot drinks (herbal teas mostly), was going to go for a walk but we've just had another massive downpour...

Shoeface - you need distraction tactics, do something really absorbing or go for a walk. Hunger passes.

I'm not planning on having any food cals till dinner - though I might have to accept a polite cup of tea at 4pm. That still makes a 20hr fast and I won't eat my proper dinner till about 8pm today.

UN2NET Wow, very well done for a first time! I was having a small lunch for ages before deciding that it was the small meal that made me hungrier later so I dropped it.

Good luck everyone, it really does get easier with time.
2nd fast day of the week today.
I have my dinner sorted, but haven't anything for the hubster or my son. Hmmmmm.
Count me in! But I'm feeling lousy. Not because of the fast though, that is going well so far...
My husband and I are both fasting today. It's our thirteenth week and I have lost track of the number of fasts! Our usual days are Monday and Thursday but, having changed to Tuesday because I wasn't well on Monday, I got up yesterday and had breakfast before remembering that I should have been fasting! So, today it is!

Good luck to everyone out there fasting today!
Good Morning!

Today is meant to be my 3rd fast day of the week(I do 4:3), but I'm really not "feeling" it. I had a rough boot camp workout this morning and I'm starving! Sigh.......I have a feeling today may be a real struggle. :cry:

Hope everyone enjoys their Fast free weekend!
Lori wrote: Today is meant to be my 3rd fast day of the week(I do 4:3), but I'm really not "feeling" it. I had a rough boot camp workout this morning and I'm starving! Sigh.......I have a feeling today may be a real struggle. :cry:

Lori I swear I could have written this myself, and was just about too until I read your post! I don't know if I am going to make it today for fast #3 of the week. It was my husband's birthday yesterday and I had a small piece of his bday cake last night. I have HUGE sugar cravings when consumed, so I think that is what is throwing me off. I want to make it through to 'conquer' this sugar attack on my system, but I don't know if I can! I am considering trying to just eat regular today with no sugar, and maybe fast tomorrow (although Saturday fasts are always a little harder than Fridays -- home with the kids!).
Good luck MGM! I ate candy yesterday.....maybe that's why I'm so hungry today! ACK!!

I think you may be on to something with just eating normally today with no sweets.

Let's make it the best day we can!
So the house-cleaning bug kind of kicked in...I managed to do two rooms before retreating back here! :roll: Got the weird throat thing going on again (I've posted about this elsewhere) which is annoying. It's a toss up now...do I do more data entry from the questionnaires you lovely people have been submitting or do some paid work? A difficult choice...
Hello, hello. I am doing me fourth fast today, and it is already getting easier. I didn't think about it much yesterday, which I normally do. My third fast went really well, in spite of the fact that I felt absolutely terrible the night before, oddly I felt hungry continuously all day, rather than the odd wave of stronger hunger I normally get. And I didn't end up with a headache, amazing.

Today is going well, though I think I'll have to take some painkillers as my head is trying to hurt. Hope everyone else is doing well.
40 posts Page 2 of 3