The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

74 posts Page 2 of 5
It's my first day today.....had a small breakfast this morning going well so far. Hope you all have a good day.
Good luck Bee. :)
I wonder if sales of fruit and herbal tea have risen?

I'm thinking of buying shares ... :)
Hi all, :)
I'm also fasting today, and this is the first day of the WOE. Just done all the measurements and activated my progrress tracker O.M.G! That's a real kick up the bum I needed!!!......
It will be great to go through this journey with you all, supporting one another.... :)
It would be fab if we could all keep posting in this thread or is there somewhere else on this forum for 'regular group postings' do you know?

So far, since getting up at 7:30, I have had 2 green teas and 500ml water So far so good. Think I'm going to save my calories for a late lunch of chicken omelette and salad.... do we have to count the calories in the salad? I think the answer is probably yes!!.... Think I will also keep using MFP (myfitnesspal) to help track the calories... does anyone also use that?? I'm juliebulie10 on there too if anyone want to 'be friends' ?!

Catch you later... :)

JB x
oh! meant to also say - I also have the Hairy Dieters Cookbook and have dragged it out to get some inspiration!! :)

JB x
Morning all! Lots of us fasting today, no surprise - Mon & Thu still seem most popular!

Just water all day for me and then a nice roast dinner tonight -
120g chicken breast, roasted (around 140cals)
100g mashed swede/carrot/sweet potato (around 40cals)
250g steamed carrot/brocolli (90 cals)
200g baby potatoes roasted in skins with a little olive oil (170 cals)
Gravy - half chicken oxo, 10g bisto powder (around 35 cals)

total: 475cals in a delicious comforting meal :D ...and I won't manage all of it!
Oh roast dinner - how lovely. I never thought you cold have something as yummy for so few calories. Will have to try something similar one fast day.

Also Hairy Dieters seems very popular! I have the book and so far have loved the recipes I have tried!
Hi, am also fasting Mondays and Thursdays, only on my 3rd fast. Been having a chicken mug shot 169 calories twice a day, not sure if this is the right sort of thing to be having....any advice?
Rachel - I put up a picture of how massive a plate of roast it is for so few calories, I'll have to find it for you :)

EDIT: here it is :)
viewtopic.php?p=704#p704
Think I had less spuds that day though to save cals for a hot choc.

Ally - If that's been working for you, comes to 500 cal or less in the day and you're happy with it then that's the right sort of thing :)
I think I'm going to have to eat at lunch. I have a tin on 120cal chicken broth with me so that will be it.
Loving reading all these replies, it is so nice to get ideas from you all and to know I am not alone with my rumbly tummy. I can do it. x
How do I add the note on my posts to say I am fasting on Mondays and Thursdays?
Go into your user control panel and select the 'profile' tab, then 'edit signature' :)
Thanks Moogie, all up-dated.
Hi all

Fasting today and feeling ok. I still find that I have to have breakfast, but go until dinner around 6pm. Good luck everyone.
74 posts Page 2 of 5