The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

74 posts Page 1 of 5
Another fast today, and not much work on thankfully so at last I can catch up on the post Christmas cleaning! My hoover broke about 10 days ago and I've been waiting for a replacement part which turned up yesterday afternoon. I slept like a log last night but I must have been in an awkward position as my shoulder really aches, hopefully it will repair quicker today :D

Meal plan for the day, as usual - lots of water until dinnertime, and a few cals reserved for a Cadbury Highlights (40cals) early to mid afternoon.

Dinner tonight is a healthy fave of mine - roast chicken with baby roasted potatoes (with skins), a big pile of steamed veg, some mashed veg and lovely thick gravy. I never manage the whole plateful!

Weigh day tomorrow, but I don't expect to lose much, I never do at this time of the month. Maybe 100-200g. But I know my water % will be higher on the scales and hopefully fat % slightly lower :) I don't mind the slow loss on these weeks, this is a long term thing and I still love it!

Best wishes to everyone who's fasting today :)
Anyone Fasting Today? Jan 31st
31 Jan 2013, 08:16
I have started the day with two mugs of hot lemon water with a dash of turmeric. It tastes nicer than it sounds. Honest. :)

Need to go food shopping - feeling hungry but wanted to delay breakfast till later, then I thought if I am shopping I might cave in...so had an apple and banana.

Planning a prawn stir fry for tea - so will concentrate on buying lots of lovely veg.

Hubby is going to cook the tea for the children so I can keep away from temptation.
I'm fasting today two. It's only my second fast.

I'm going to see how long I can go for without food today. Last time I ate at 2pm and 7pm and I was just too hungry when I went to bed.

Dinner tonight is trout, green beans and broccoli.
Yes I'm fasting.

Woke up tired and grumpy after two nights of poor sleep. :( Since this plan is flexible, I decided to have a small breakfast of banana and small slice of toast.

I would normally save my calories until the evening but not really in the mood today! If I really can't do it, I'm going to abandon and try another day but I think it should be fine.

We have to listen to our bodies and have some compassion for ourselves! :)
Hi Fast Jo - that's the beauty of this 'way of life' which attracted me, if you have an off day, don't punish yourself, pick up tomorrow.

Hi Glenda, have a good day, dinner sounds lovely.
Hi all - I am joining you with the fast today.

Hope the day goes well for everyone. Hope you cope OK Jo, well done for your plan of attack with the tiredness/ grumpiness. Yes we do have to listen to our bodies - I suspect that many of us have trained our bodies to suit the prescription of must have 3 meals a day, must always eat breakfast, must have this, must have that etc. and that is why we are now here.
I had more than usual yesterday - first time I think I have been "naughty" on a feed day. Cake and biscuits... was annoyed and comfort ate :(

Today I woke up feeling more hungry, not sure if this is a result of the extra food yesterday or not?

Have a sort of exam thing all morning so I know I will be knackered at lunch time, so I think I might have soup for lunch today. Have to see how it goes...

Good luck everyone!
Allic, why not have some porridge oats for breakfast - It such would be a shame to find yourself wilting during your exam. If you make with 1/2 water (or all water if you can cope) it will be fewer calories. Sugar is not needed. Oats are slow release carbs, you’ll feel fuller for longer.
*waves to Anne*
I was thinking the same about the exam. A banana might be good?
Hi all
I too am fasting today :D I had 2 scrambled eggs and 1/2 a tin of tomatoes at 8.15 this morning, and will go through to chicken stir fry for dinner tonight.

So far so good. I'm at work so lots of herbal teas probably to get me through the day.

Good luck to us all and enjoy.
Amanda.
Hi all, my 2nd fast day today after a successful first day on Monday. On Monday had poached egg for breakfast and then nothing until veg chilli for dinner. Today I am trying a different approach - nothing this morning, just coffee and fruit tea and then a cuppa soup at lunch. Dinner is planned from one of the ideas in the book - smoked haddock with a poached egg and some steamed asparagus - the book suggest broccoli but I prefer asaparagus! Looking forward to it. Have a good day everyone.
I'm fasting today too. Trying to have a smallish breakfast then a large evening meal - Hairy Dieters sweet and sour chicken @ 288kcal/portion.

100g of oats is 389kcal. :oops: I used to love having them for breakfast, but maybe not any more. They do keep you feeling full for a long while, though. Maybe add a little protein to it? 50g of turkey is 52kcal and 8.5g protein.

Good luck for today, everyone. Drink lots of water. :)
Hiya, I am fasting as well today, porridge in a measured pack for breakfast made with water then nothing until later. A good day for fasting for me as I leave work go to pick up daughter then take her swimming, so occupied all afternoon and no time to think of food.

Trying to resist standing on the scales but unsuccessful, weighed this morning after two feed days thinking I would have put some back on but have lost another 3lbs taking it to 8lbs in two weeks, cant be right surely as usually I am such a slow loser (first week at Slimming World stuck to it to the letter and gained 1/2 lb!!!). I am waiting for the bubble to burst!!!

Angela x
I'm gonna wait dinner to have my 500cal. I'm ok with my weak coffee so far :)
It's my third fast today. Wasn't hungry when I woke up, so going to see how long I can last. On my last fast I drank so much herbal tea I think I tricked my stomach - had a yogurt for breakfast at 7 am and then lasted until 9 pm before the first real hunger pangs!

Good luck everyone!
74 posts Page 1 of 5